Looking for other 40-50 age group w/ motivation to be fit.

Options

Replies

• lcm135
    lcm135 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My avatar looks young, but I'm 39 and turning forty in two months! I would like to lose 13 pounds before then and to gain some muscle!
  • KassEsh
    KassEsh Posts: 3
    Options
    Count me in!!! I'm new, 50, diabetic......I need HELP!!:ohwell:
  • MidwestGirlz
    MidwestGirlz Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I turned 40 on Monday...definitely count me in!
  • nyqueensguy
    nyqueensguy Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I joined 50+, Fabulous and Fit group. Please join up!!
  • bernadettemelvin
    Options
    Hi, I'm 47 and also having a hard time. Tracking my food and exercise but the weight doesn't seem to move.
  • nyqueensguy
    Options
    There is another group called 40/50+ but younger tomorrow
  • nyqueensguy
    Options
    Thats 40/50+ but younger next year!! Sorry!
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    <-- 45 yo; 60 pounds down, 60 to go, Mon-Fri CrossFitter. Sign me up.
  • JudieJudes
    JudieJudes Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'm nearing to the magic half century and loving it! Im training my inner 'Food loving Gremlin' to expect only wholesome healthy food stuffs as well as kicking my butt to shaking its booty into a more active lifestyle.

Feel free to add me :flowerforyou:

Have a great weekend !

x
  • padisneyfour
    padisneyfour Posts: 220
    Options
    Hi! I have been on MFP since approx mid march and really like the site for lots of reasons. I will be 50 in July. I have been married 23 years also in July, but we dated several years before that. We have two daughters one is finishing her second year of college and the youngest will graduate highschool in june. we have three cats and one dog. i joined because I have always been heavy but decided it was time to do something just for me.... I want to see my girls graduate college and get married etc. .I want to be healthy and feel better.I am trying to make exercise/walking part of my daily routine so it just becomes habit , have cut out pop/soda(thats my vice along with chocolate), def drinking more water. we live in a small town in NW pa so there is opportunity to walk and hopefully the snow is now done! As a family we plan on doing a color me rad 5K in June, never done anything like that before so that is the immediate goal. I must be crazy for agreeing to that, anyway that pretty much me in a nutshell .thanks for reading and I am looking forward to sharing this journey with everyone.Always looking for new friends!:happy:
  • Gabrial5
    Gabrial5 Posts: 12
    Options
    Count me in!:glasses:
  • monica82012
    monica82012 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 40....6 kids in the his mine and ours situation. The oldest 2 are 15. The surprise youngest is 19 months. I married my best-friend who likes nothing better than to feed me. Unfortunately he's a great cook and a foodie.
    I've decided I don't like my shell. My inside is pretty awesome and I'd really like them to match up. I would love to meet people on here who want to get healthy. I'm all about motivating others as well as myself!
  • jillianbeeee
    jillianbeeee Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    43 next month! Count me in please!
  • jusa1011
    jusa1011 Posts: 21
    Options
    Hi my name is Julie and I will be 50 in October. Two years ago I had quit a waitressing job because of injuries. Since that time, I put on roughly 25 lbs. At that point, I needed to drop about 15 lbs, so now I have the double whammy going on. I can feel it in my knees, ankles and feet. I've decided it is time to get things back under control. I like this site because I can track everything I eat and the calories involved. Also, I love to cook. It is great that I can put in one of my recipes and break it down into calories per serving. With this site, I know I will stay on track and lose the weight. As far as exercise, I have two dogs. That sounds great except one is now 14 years old and doesn't move as fast as he used to. So my walks are at a slower pace. I try to go for a second walk and use my hand weights when I can or swim for 20 or 30 minutes. I looking forward to talking to everyone.
  • bobbiewi
    bobbiewi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Would like to join. Still eating like i did in my 20s and 30s...also, hiking injury resulted in 20lb weight gain. I'm 41 and ready to defy the beast!
  • GirlieGirl2013
    GirlieGirl2013 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm 42 and LOVING IT!!! :flowerforyou: :wink: :smile: :heart:
  • HornedFrogPride
    HornedFrogPride Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Count me in too-just turned 45 & just re-learning how to thrive;) -Jeremy
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I'm 48 going through major life altering adjustment. Want and need friends around my age. Been here 7 months, lost 6 belt loops. Had a bad bicycle crash then surgery. Tore my tendon and tricep off my ar. They sewed me back up but gonna bt 6 more weeks until rehab and P.T. even begin. Then 4 more months for strength. Not giving up. Trying to walk daily, a lot.... lol... Hope some of us become Pals.... Bill
  • sirtxt
    sirtxt Posts: 39
    Options
    Afternoon All,

With all of the changes in healthcare, our company is REALLY promoting wellness programs. So, I am on board with the app, the community and the wellness program. LOL

Hope to find some support here as I am trying to break a lifetime of ingrained BAD habits.

John