Looking for other 40-50 age group w/ motivation to be fit.

Options

Replies

• ianthak
    ianthak Posts: 1
    Options
    Count me in I will be 44 in 2 days and have 3 kids ,home daycare , going back to school and a great husband but have no energy ledt for fitness so I need motivation
  • trenee35
    trenee35 Posts: 143
    Options
    I'd love to join. I'm 49 and working to be fit and fabulous at fifty.
  • Ideabaker
    Ideabaker Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I'm 46 (soon to be 47) and completely experiencing the difference in staying fit now versus back in my twenties (or even thirties)! You can count me in; would love to be a part of the group.
  • cminhp
    Options
    Hey I'm new here looking for real support..
  • Alamobabe
    Alamobabe Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Count me in
  • nickieveloz
    Options
    I'm intrested! :) 42 years young here ;) its been quite a journey. Look forward to reaching my goal. And to cheer and support new found friends, as they get to theirs! LETS GET IT! Wooooo!
  • Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,447 Member
    Options
    Hi!

Just saw the topic which was almost what I wrote over a year ago when I joined lol... and wantd to say welcome to all of you and congrats on making the decision to get healthy! It absolutely can be done even with the joys of menopause and all the other "goodies" that come with being our age..... and this is a great place to learn about how to really do it.. and be free of ever having to say that nasty four letter word "diet" again

And to let you all know there are several groups (probably a hundred actually lol) for women around our age - support and encouragement from others who understand what life is like at this stage while you're becoming healthy and fit can be invaluable, and SEEING people do it and getting their support and encouragement can help you over some of the toughest days!

Groups arent everyone's cup of tea (or glass of wine) of course but if you use the search feature to check out a few (or start your own!) you might find one that interests you.. play with the keywords like "women" or "50+ or 40+) you can scroll thru some of the postings (most are open groups not closed btw) and you may have to turn off the search filters off when looking as some include a little adult language here and there... :flowerforyou:

a few off the top of my head are Ladies Who Lunch, Women 50+ and Menopausal Mad Hatters but there are lots more as well.. just thought I'd pass it on as I remember when I first started it was a little overwhelming learning about the site LOL!
  • MrsUptonOgood
    MrsUptonOgood Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join? 44 next month!
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join? 44 next month!

No, you still have sixteen years left...:wink:
  • Garfy117
    Garfy117 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Count me in please (not quite there yet but not long now...)
  • Raul_Romero
    Raul_Romero Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I'm 46 will be 47 Oct. Trying to be more fit and eating much healthier better.
  • cicisiam
    cicisiam Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Good luck w/ that. Post is from March..seems she has her hands full of motivators. If that does not get her moving nothing will. "Inside Job." - Just my P.O.
  • Grafakos
    Grafakos Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'll be 45 next month. Looking to get in shape and drop a lot of weight. I've been hiking every weekend for the past few months, but procrastinated altering my eating habits, hence did not lose much weight so far. Found out about this site this week and decided to commit to eating correctly while maintaining the weekend hikes. Hopefully I'll start making some real progress now. My knees will certainly thank me!
  • MrsUptonOgood
    MrsUptonOgood Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Good luck w/ that. Post is from March..seems she has her hands full of motivators. If that does not get her moving nothing will. "Inside Job." - Just my P.O.

That's ok, all of us newbies can friend each other :)
  • wingchungym
    Options
    Would be happy to be aboard, I'm 50 and doing my best to be my best :happy:
  • XxLADY_BUGxX
    Options
    Please count me in. :)
  • Triciad811
    Triciad811 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    count me in 43 years young and getting my life / health back !!
  • ljoriern
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am turning 50 this year, in the throws of menopause, and just diagnosed with type two diabetes and high cholesterol. I feel like it is a blessing in disguise, because I have GOT to make big changes. No more excuses. I have been working out five days a week, working with a dietitian for the diabetes, and I know I can lose weight and control my blood sugars. I would love to give support and also receive it from all of you.
  • calliekitten9
    calliekitten9 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'm in. :)
  • calliekitten9
    calliekitten9 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    41 here and have hypothyroidism...count me in! Hi all :flowerforyou:

I have hypothyroidism as well. :)