Good for you ice cream?

Options

Replies

• magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    I grab the container from the freezer at walmart that has "Mint Chocolate Chip" in the title.
    I don't look at calories.
    I don't look at ingredients.

If I'm gonna eat ice cream, I'm gonna enjoy it!

Note: I still gotta try that poptart ice cream sammich... mmmmmm

You have to try them...make sure you toast the poptart - and eat in a bowl as it gets crumbly and messy.

QFT
  • Boocakes08
    Options
    Rat poison in ice cream?! WTF!!!! Is there a shrink on the board?

JUST CALL ME MASTER SPLINTER BECAUSE I LOVE IT!!!!!
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I can't wait for a S_U_N_N_Y, _S_U_M_M_E_R_ day to eat ice cream while laying Around the MulberryBush
    IT'S NOT UNUSUAL to eat ice cream in the summer.
  • ninjapixie87
    ninjapixie87 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I usually eat this... when I don't have room in my day for the real stuff.

10d8e9b3b5c66ce1_arctic-zero.jpg
    FYI, I read an article about that ice cream....when tested, they had a heck of a lot more calories than shown on the label. (I think it was 50%+)
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    if I really want ice cream, i just have ice cream. but if i am craving a frozen treat that isn't going to cost me so much of my caloric budget for the day, I go for Julie's Organic Fudge Bars. no, I don't really care about it being organic but, i like that i can understand everything that's on the label, and they are just 100 calories/4.5g fat/14 carbs per creamy bar and really tasty.
    http://www.shopwell.com/julies-organic-fudge-bars/ice-cream-popsicles/p/7260974123
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Last weekend, I was craving an oreo blizzard like you would not believe.

I drove toward, the DQ, passed it, and kept going to the local grocery. I bought Kroger Deluxe Churned Vividly Vanilla Ice Cream. It says "No Sugar Added, 57% Less Fat (probably because they add anti-freeze, I don't know.) I figured the Blizzard wasn't good for me at the moment either, so I made my choice.

I bought some 100 Calorie pack Oreo Thins.

I crunched those babies up, melted it for 15 seconds to stir, and added a squirt of low sugar Hershey's. It wasn't a blizzard, but it fit the bill.

Small Blizzard: 570 Calories
    Joan's "Blizzard": 325 Calories (1 Cup Ice Cream + Toppings)

A small blizzard is almost half my daily allowance. But, I can do this, on very rare occasions! Now, I'm hungry.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    It doesn't look too bad, but be careful with ice cream. Most brands contain anti-freeze, rat poison, etc.

Citation Needed
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    When I eat ice cream, I'll just eat my favorite flavor and enjoy it.

But whooa, 8 grams of protein!? That's great for a low cal, high protein snack.
    I wanna order some.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    It doesn't look too bad, but be careful with ice cream. Most brands contain anti-freeze, rat poison, etc.

Citation Needed

Probably got the anit-freezes from the guar gum ingredient. That's what keep the ice crystals from forming. Not sure if thats what used in all ice creams...

Rat poision.. well idk. where that came from.. but if I really felt like looking into I could problaby find it..

Just read the labels and look up what you don't know.. that's the only way to know if it's REALLY "good for you" the only way to make a real infomred choice on whati s healhty to eat and what isn't.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    Options
    This thread has me JONESing for some ice cream.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    It's not good for you, it's just less bad.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    You guys are bad
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    Options
    When you're done eating it, wipe your face off with a viva brand paper towel.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I'm confuzzled, why does everyone compare ingredients to other things and claim therefore it's bad. Acid, that's what's in car batteries and can kill people...that's bad...don't eat fruit. It's bad.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Ice cream is good for the soul. Therefore ice cream is good.
  • Ascolti_la_musica
    Ascolti_la_musica Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    It doesn't look too bad, but be careful with ice cream. Most brands contain anti-freeze, rat poison, etc. Some people eat it daily. I can't imagine pumping those kind of chemicals into my body every single day. It's too hard on the body. Like smoking, it seems okay for a while and we do fine and then one day, it just becomes too much. I am grateful, I don't like icecream. However, I always get a craving for it at PMS time. That said, I make my own or make a protein shake with tons of fruit. It satisfies me the same.

Dafuq are you smoking?
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Did someone mention pop tart ice cream sandwiches?

pop-tart-ice-cream-01.jpg

I really want one now - but I'm saving calories for the pub quiz tonight and the tasty tasty cider I will be drinking :drinker:

For my part if I'm having ice cream I want the good stuff with actual cream in it. When I can be bothered I make my own. :bigsmile:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I take rat poison every day...no, really, I take Warfarin, which is a blood thinner, also the main ingredient in rat poison. So...does that make me immune to the rat poison in ice cream?
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Did someone mention pop tart ice cream sandwiches?

pop-tart-ice-cream-01.jpg

I really want one now - but I'm saving calories for the pub quiz tonight and the tasty tasty cider I will be drinking :drinker:

For my part if I'm having ice cream I want the good stuff with actual cream in it. When I can be bothered I make my own. :bigsmile:

Someone sure did, I'm in.

1e5d25f4-0dbd-426e-9019-d360b129083f_zps9caf145c.jpg
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    This thread has me JONESing for some ice cream.

sounds like a pretty serious addiction to me...... TBH
This discussion has been closed.