Good for you ice cream?

Options

Replies

• Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    It doesn't look too bad, but be careful with ice cream. Most brands contain anti-freeze, rat poison, etc. Some people eat it daily. I can't imagine pumping those kind of chemicals into my body every single day. It's too hard on the body. Like smoking, it seems okay for a while and we do fine and then one day, it just becomes too much. I am grateful, I don't like icecream. However, I always get a craving for it at PMS time. That said, I make my own or make a protein shake with tons of fruit. It satisfies me the same.

Mine doesn't contain rat poison or anti-freeze. I feel so left out :sad:

Does the anti freeze not stop it from freezing solid :huh: :laugh:
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Ingredients:
    skim milk,
    milk protein isolate, READ: Concentrated CASEIN (many people are actually allergic to casein, not milk)
    erythritol (natural sweetener), - sugar alochol- found naturally only in fruits and fermented foods
    non-GMO soluble corn fiber, -
    cocoa processed with alkali, - alkali can burn your skin - is is not naturally in food, a soluble mineral salt or a mixture of soluble salts, present in some soils, especially in arid regions, and detrimental to the growing of most crops.
    cream, - the point of skim milk was????
    mono & diglycerides, food additives used to blend together certain ingredients, such as oil and water, which would not otherwise blend well. The values given in the nutritional labels for total fat, saturated fat, and trans fat do not include those present in mono- and diglycerides.
    locust bean gum, - thickener.. acid is used to remove the seed from the shell- it's considered a sugar-
    guar gum,- keeps ice crystals from forming
    natural flavor, - This can be anything.. including MSG.. that does not contain added color, artificial flavors, or synthetic substances. It does not mean healthy or natural at all.
    monk fruit extract.- this could be healthy.. depends on how it's process.. but since genearlly "solvents" are used to "remove armos" from the fruit.. i'd read this as checmical are introduced into an otherwise healthy sugar product.

hmmm.. healthy huh...

Sorry, what's the problem with non-caustic alkali?
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I'd love to meet someone allergic to casein but not milk.
  • curvynblonde
    curvynblonde Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I make my own ice cream in my ice cream maker. I add almond milk and protein powder and it turns out amazing !
  • _Lori_Lynn_
    _Lori_Lynn_ Posts: 460
    Options
    wait now did someone say rat poison and anti freeze? Which brands do that?

Just the brands that only exist in her mind. No worries.

You clearly eat too much ice cream.
  • _Lori_Lynn_
    Options
    It doesn't look too bad, but be careful with ice cream. Most brands contain anti-freeze, rat poison, etc. Some people eat it daily. I can't imagine pumping those kind of chemicals into my body every single day. It's too hard on the body. Like smoking, it seems okay for a while and we do fine and then one day, it just becomes too much. I am grateful, I don't like icecream. However, I always get a craving for it at PMS time. That said, I make my own or make a protein shake with tons of fruit. It satisfies me the same.

Who cares about rat poison? I love ice cream...especially in the _S_U_M_M_E_R_.

Me too. When it's nice and S_U_N_N_Y.

Not only when it's sunny, but it can help you run up to 5 whole minutes on a treadmill and maybe at at incline. Four minutes? Whew! Eat more icecream and add a mile to your workout.
  • seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options

So ice cream is the same as dancer's bodies?

Pretty much. Ice cream isn't quite as long and lean though....it's more bulky - especially if it has nuts in it.

But if I train my bulky ice cream properly, can it eventually become long and lean ice cream?

yes. make sure she's not lifting too much though, because we know what that does to women.
  • _Lori_Lynn_
    Options

Pretty much. Ice cream isn't quite as long and lean though....it's more bulky - especially if it has nuts in it.

But if I train my bulky ice cream properly, can it eventually become long and lean ice cream?

yes. make sure she's not lifting too much though, because we know what that does to women.

Lifting doesn't make a woman's body bulky? Too much ice cream can make you delusional like that though.
  • _Lori_Lynn_
    Options

Thank you for making fun of my body throughout this thread when I answered a question for the OP. You get your satisfaction, because I will let you know I read it. Feel good now? I read what the other lady said too. I guess that means you look PERFECT? So does she? I COULD look at pics of both of you and find many faults. However, hurting someone has never been something I am comfortable with. If you're intention was to hurt my feelings, it worked. Thanks!
  • ashleab37
    ashleab37 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    But if you don't eat ice cream, what would you have with your pop tarts? o_o
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options

I don't think I eat enough ice cream.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options

Who cares about rat poison? I love ice cream...especially in the _S_U_M_M_E_R_.

Me too. When it's nice and S_U_N_N_Y.

I am soooo REDDY to have some ice cream right now

I'm going to sneak Around the MulberryBush and scarf some right now!
    Bwahahahaha.......I'm snorting right now. :laugh: :laugh:

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Ascolti_la_musica
    Ascolti_la_musica Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Want some of my Blue Bell Dutch Chocolate, Steph? It is ****ing delicious, and has your full daily requirement of rat poison!
  • _Lori_Lynn_
    Options

Agreed, you clearly need more ice cream and less fruit.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options

Why? Is there antifreeze in fruit too?
  • _Lori_Lynn_
    Options

Thank you for making fun of my body throughout this thread when I answered a question for the OP. You get your satisfaction, because I will let you know I read it. Feel good now? I read what the other lady said too. I guess that means you look PERFECT? So does she? I COULD look at pics of both of you and find many faults. However, hurting someone has never been something I am comfortable with. If you're intention was to hurt my feelings, it worked. Thanks!

What in the world are you talking about? Are voices in your head talking about your body? Because no one here has mentioned anyone's body. Can you please explain what you are feigning offense to?

You know damn well what I am talking about. People can tell a lot more about YOU by what you say about others than they can about the person you're talking about. It's on you.
  • oldernotwiser
    oldernotwiser Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    My wife bought some Adonia Greek Frozen Yoghurt and I was prepared to not like it. Much to my surprise it was very tasty and, at 102g, a reasonable size serving. 130 cals, 0g fat, 24g carbs & 9g protein. So far I have seen it in Wild Blueberry & Mango.
  • ashleab37
    ashleab37 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    This thread has me JONESing for some ice cream.

sounds like a pretty serious addiction to me...... TBH
    COACH I HAD NO IDEA YOU WERE BACK

l.jpg
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Just FYI every post on the entire website is specifically about you.
  • _Lori_Lynn_
    Options

Why? Is there antifreeze in fruit too?

Showing ignorance is not impressive. The fact that you DON'T know anti-freeze is in ice cream makes YOU look stupid, not me. Just because you have never heard of it doesn't mean it isn't true. I certainly wouldn't admit too many things in public. People who know are NOT laughing at me, they are laughing at the one who is clueless. :happy:
This discussion has been closed.