Female Endomorphs - Before and After Pics (And Tips?)

Options
alexiaans
alexiaans Posts: 113 Member
Hello everyone!

I am a Female Endomorph. I have accepted the fate of having this body type and am committed to eating right and excercising hard. I have had some successes by monitoring my diet and excercise, however, as most Endomorphs know, it is very hard and VERY SLOW. Currently, I have hit a plateau, and I need to get my body fat down more as well as gain more definition.

I am looking for:

1) Before and after pictures of your success!
2) Diet tips, excercise tips and any other resources that were game changers for getting lean while having an Endomorph body type.
3) Female Endomorph friends for support and suggestions on how to break this plateau!

Please show me what you got! Thanks!

Replies

• que_t_131
    que_t_131 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I too have this body type. My stomach has never had any definition, and seeing your pic tells me you are doing better than I am....lol. I need some advice myself on how to define my body, show a tighter stomach, thighs, and arms. I am down to 158 from 181 but still feel like I look like the Michelin man, so any advice you may be able to pass along is greatly appreciated.
  • alexiaans
    Options
    I too have this body type. My stomach has never had any definition, and seeing your pic tells me you are doing better than I am....lol. I need some advice myself on how to define my body, show a tighter stomach, thighs, and arms. I am down to 158 from 181 but still feel like I look like the Michelin man, so any advice you may be able to pass along is greatly appreciated.

Well the sad thing about that picture is that I ended up regressing...not to the first pic but to the second one. And it only took a couple of months after an injury and getting sick. That's the thing I hate about my body type; its so easy to GAIN fat but so hard to LOSE it!

I am getting back in the swing of things, cardio every day, weight training every day, lots of water, NO grains at all. Those would be my suggestions. I'm sure I will start to see results again but its taking SO long!
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I am an endomorph as well. I have never been what's classified as "over weight' but I've always wanted lower body fat. You can check out my pics if you want. This body type has its sucky side but I wouldn't trade it for an ectomorph who has a hard time gaining muscle, even though they have an easy time keeping fat off. I'd rather have a little "junk in the trunk" than be rail thin.
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    As for tips.... I lift a lot of weights. I've never been a cardio bunny BUT when I did Insanity, any cellulite I had on my legs and butt DISAPPEARED completely. Not even joking. It was pretty freaking amazing. So I highly recommend HIIT. Also, I've noticed I completely blow up if I eat too many refined, simple carbs like pasta, pizza, fries, etc...
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    It's taken me over 2 years to lose 20 lbs and in couple of weeks i gained it all back because i gave up it really is hopeless. I went to the docter and they tested my thyroids everythings fine there so they didn't get it either very frustrating but im trying again!!! Lets hope this time it will work!!!!
  • alexiaans
    Options
    As for tips.... I lift a lot of weights. I've never been a cardio bunny BUT when I did Insanity, any cellulite I had on my legs and butt DISAPPEARED completely. Not even joking. It was pretty freaking amazing. So I highly recommend HIIT. Also, I've noticed I completely blow up if I eat too many refined, simple carbs like pasta, pizza, fries, etc...

Thanks for the information! I do lift a lot of weights and do HIIT training, so I am glad I am doing that right. Unfortunately I AM considered overweight, so I think I may have some additional fine tuning to do.

I decided a while ago to elliminate grains consistently, so I get my carbs mainly from fruits and veggies...but I treat myself every once and a while to some grains.

I checked out your pictures. You look amazing! Friend? :-)
  • MrsSki38
    MrsSki38 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Fellow endomorph here. I have a great personal trainer to did my macros. I was 188 at my highest and it's been 2 years and I'm down to 166.

I am currently in a bootcamp 3x a week and that is going to end in a couple weeks. I try to run when I can and see my trainer when I can. I quit watching the scale and now tape 1-2x a month.

My trainer told me this: try hard to stay under carbs, meet the fat macro (with good fats) and the protein macro. For every 5 servings of veggies, 1 serving of fruit. Try to cut out processed carbs as much as possible. He'd prefer me to go over on carbs because of fruits/veggies.

I was consistently going over on carbs (like double - 250g or more) every day. I finally cracked down and can stay under 125g a day and am really OK. I'm also under the 1999 calorie goal 98% of the time and probably not eating enough, but I'm really content between 1450 - 1600. I need to get back into have a protein shake in the mornings and evenings to get my protein numbers up (it's gluten free, no carbs, no sugar...Syntrax Nectar. Tastes just like juice. Fuzzy Navel or Strawberry Kiwi are the best ones).

I agree that HIIT is what works best for our body types. I don't have any before photos. I can say that I am starting to have some definition in my arms that I never had before. And that might be due to the insane amount of push-ups I do during bootcamp.

I'd like to follow along and see how you all are doing and what is working for you.

K
  • alexiaans
    Options
    Fellow endomorph here. I have a great personal trainer to did my macros. I was 188 at my highest and it's been 2 years and I'm down to 166.

I am currently in a bootcamp 3x a week and that is going to end in a couple weeks. I try to run when I can and see my trainer when I can. I quit watching the scale and now tape 1-2x a month.

My trainer told me this: try hard to stay under carbs, meet the fat macro (with good fats) and the protein macro. For every 5 servings of veggies, 1 serving of fruit. Try to cut out processed carbs as much as possible. He'd prefer me to go over on carbs because of fruits/veggies.

I was consistently going over on carbs (like double - 250g or more) every day. I finally cracked down and can stay under 125g a day and am really OK. I'm also under the 1999 calorie goal 98% of the time and probably not eating enough, but I'm really content between 1450 - 1600. I need to get back into have a protein shake in the mornings and evenings to get my protein numbers up (it's gluten free, no carbs, no sugar...Syntrax Nectar. Tastes just like juice. Fuzzy Navel or Strawberry Kiwi are the best ones).

I agree that HIIT is what works best for our body types. I don't have any before photos. I can say that I am starting to have some definition in my arms that I never had before. And that might be due to the insane amount of push-ups I do during bootcamp.

I'd like to follow along and see how you all are doing and what is working for you.

K

WONDERFUL information!

I'm curious, what macros did your trainer suggest? I am currently doing 45P/30F/25C. I hardly ever hit my protein targets unless I drink extra protein shakes (even when I have protein with every meal). Fats I tend to hit consistently, and carbs have gotten EASIER since I've removed grains from my diet.

I would love to follow along as well with you! Friend request coming. I haven't TOUCHED push ups yet (one thing at a time). I decided to do pull ups as my challenge for the arms. Assisted pull ups of course, but I am taking more weight off over time. Getting there.

Forget scale and tape. Hmm...that may be an idea!

Thanks, very helpful.
  • Wmmmt
    Wmmmt Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Eating tips for endomorph body type:

1. Eats lots of good protein: lean meats like chicken, fish and eggs, peanut butter and low fat cheese are good sources of protein. Also beans and legumes are excellent if you don't have a problem with a little gas now and then.

2. Lower your carbohydrate intake. Do not cut carbs out entirely, just make better choices by eating slower converting carbs like brown rice (in small quantities, 1/2 cup),green leafy vegetables like spinach, kale and varieties of lettuce, green beans, cauliflower and broccoli, limit corn, peas and carrots because they contain more sugar when broken down in the system. The low glycemic index of vegetables can help you make good choices... The Glcemic Index Database

3. Eat more whole grains and cereals like oatmeal and bran and limit refined sugars. No soda, not even diet soda. Switch to flavored waters or unsweetened tea.

4. Eat 6 small meals a day instead of 3. Eating more frequently will help boost your metabolism and help you burn fat. This can be done easily by making your meals a little smaller and including 3 snacks a day between scheduled meals. Your typical day would go like this: breakfast, mid day snack, lunch, afternoon snack, dinner and evening snack. The snacks can be a cup of raw vegetables, a piece of low- sugar fruit like ½ an apple or pear, a handful of nuts, a cup of low fat yogurt or a protein shake. Make your last meal and snack before 8 pm and try not to eat after that. Avoid fruits like bananas, oranges, and papayas. Choose berries like raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries.

5. Include daily exercise like walking, aerobic exercise like boxing or tai bo, light weights or a spin class. Aerobic exercise is any form of exercise that raises your heart rate.

6. This way of eating is a lifestyle and not a diet as permanently changing your eating habits is what will help you to keep the weight from coming back. Take it slow and do not be discouraged if you only lose 2 pounds a week because that is healthy and will not cause you to have lose hanging skin once the weight is gone.
  • alexiaans
    Options
    Man, I just went searching online for female endomorph before and after pictures. Can you believe I could find none? Only afters! I gotta make sure I take my afters so there can be some photos out there for fellow Endomorphs. This is depressing lol. Anyone know of anyone who has before or afters they can share?
  • brittaney10811
    brittaney10811 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    for us not so educated folk... what is endomorph?:huh:
  • divemunkey
    divemunkey Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I don't have any decent pics I could post, even if I knew how. I have lots of befores but no currents, so I can't help with that. I can tell you I am 5' 6", started at 252 lbs, and a year and a half later am at 195 lbs with a current goal of 165 lbs, where I will re-evaluate my body fat% and decide where to go from there (goal 18-20%). I think I am currently around 32.5% BF. I have my macros set to 1600 c (1800 when exercising, but am recovering from rotator cuff surgery so off exercise at present) 100g carb, 115 g protein and the rest fat. I eat mostly paleo, so no grains legumes or artificial crap in my food. I eat full fat dairy. I do cheat a bit, but not all that often. I lose weight slowly, which is fine by me, as it will hopefully make my lifestyle change easier to maintain forever. When I do exercise, I do crossfit twice a week and kettlebells once a week, i also walk my dogs a couple miles almost every day, weather permitting, for cardio. I might start lifting weights more regularly (outside of crossfit) after I am cleared for activity by my surgeon to help get my muscle tone back up, too.
  • salgalbp
    salgalbp Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Fellow Endomorph here as well. HOWEVER, I'm missing part of it and it's called an A $$!!! :)

I lift heavy most of the time and I'm starting to incorporate more cardio because I'd rather lift. However we gain fat and muscle easily so I've found the more cardio I encorporate to my lifting program (I'm NOT giving up my lifting!!!) the more results I'm seeing as far as BF% results.

I am not brave enough yet to post pics that show off more of my body unless it's an arm, leg or my back :) - Still working on the middle :)
  • LozPenguin
    LozPenguin Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • alexiaans
    Options
    for us not so educated folk... what is endomorph?:huh:

http://slimandcurvy.com/endomorph-body-type/
  • alexiaans
    Options
    I don't have any decent pics I could post, even if I knew how. I have lots of befores but no currents, so I can't help with that. I can tell you I am 5' 6", started at 252 lbs, and a year and a half later am at 195 lbs with a current goal of 165 lbs, where I will re-evaluate my body fat% and decide where to go from there (goal 18-20%). I think I am currently around 32.5% BF. I have my macros set to 1600 c (1800 when exercising, but am recovering from rotator cuff surgery so off exercise at present) 100g carb, 115 g protein and the rest fat. I eat mostly paleo, so no grains legumes or artificial crap in my food. I eat full fat dairy. I do cheat a bit, but not all that often. I lose weight slowly, which is fine by me, as it will hopefully make my lifestyle change easier to maintain forever. When I do exercise, I do crossfit twice a week and kettlebells once a week, i also walk my dogs a couple miles almost every day, weather permitting, for cardio. I might start lifting weights more regularly (outside of crossfit) after I am cleared for activity by my surgeon to help get my muscle tone back up, too.

Wow, 252 to 195...you are amazing! Good job!

I have my calorie macros pretty low, 1200, but that's just now because I am trying to cut. I plan on adding more calories into the equation though.
  • Jonesie1984
    Jonesie1984 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    <--- endomorph I lift a lot of weights, watch my macro ratios and the only cardio I do is HIIT type training or a spin class.. I'm not big on cardio. I have more pics if you would like to check in my profile.. biggest muscle to flex is patience! =)

Also I use other benchmarks besides the scale, I take my measurements, photos, I track my BF%.. these things can also be dropping without the scale necessarily reflecting it. :smile:
  • alexiaans
    Options
    <--- endomorph I lift a lot of weights, watch my macro ratios and the only cardio I do is HIIT type training or a spin class.. I'm not big on cardio. I have more pics if you would like to check in my profile.. biggest muscle to flex is patience! =)

Also I use other benchmarks besides the scale, I take my measurements, photos, I track my BF%.. these things can also be dropping without the scale necessarily reflecting it. :smile:

Excellent work! You look amazing. Lets be friends fellow Endomorph!

I am so encouraged to know that I am doing all the things everyone is suggesting (except maybe that PATIENCE muscle lol).

What are you macros? I'm 45P/30F/25C. Reaching protein goal, and staying under carb goals are the most difficult.
  • electricello
    electricello Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm an endomorph, too... and all I can tell you is how NOT to try to lose weight. I took off 30 lbs last year, but gained it all back without even really trying. I see that for our type, grains and sugars are bad and I try my best to avoid those, but I have a vicious sweet tooth. I'm glad to see others are achieving!
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    This is not an impossible thing for anyone, no matter what your body type. I'd agree with the ladies above me- Weight training (serious weight training, no barbie weights) HIIT for cardio and maybe some martial arts inspired cardio (really killer full body workout!)

9bff7103-a7d2-4892-868a-dcee316d9ce3_zps293fe925.jpg

R8P60DI_zpsc59fb665.jpg
    (I'm actively flexing here, about 8 months after the first pic)

flexside_zpsd79bed32.jpg
    (not actively flexing, about 10 months after first pic)

Jonesie said it best. The muscle you need to flex is patience. It's not fast, and it doesn't happen on our schedules. Don't get discouraged.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!