Female Endomorphs - Before and After Pics (And Tips?)

Options

Replies

• Jonesie1984
    Jonesie1984 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    <--- endomorph I lift a lot of weights, watch my macro ratios and the only cardio I do is HIIT type training or a spin class.. I'm not big on cardio. I have more pics if you would like to check in my profile.. biggest muscle to flex is patience! =)

Also I use other benchmarks besides the scale, I take my measurements, photos, I track my BF%.. these things can also be dropping without the scale necessarily reflecting it. :smile:

Excellent work! You look amazing. Lets be friends fellow Endomorph!

I am so encouraged to know that I am doing all the things everyone is suggesting (except maybe that PATIENCE muscle lol).

What are you macros? I'm 45P/30F/25C. Reaching protein goal, and staying under carb goals are the most difficult.

my current macros are 40/30/30 (carbs/fat/protein) but you have to "learn" what your body is most responsive to. I my body doesn't mind being higher carb but high fats are a no go lol.

I think you're overdoing it a bit on the protein. You don't need more that 1-1.5G per Kg of LBM for protein intake. Anything else is pretty much overkill.. Lift heavy and lift to failure (or near failure if you don't have a spot) and give it time.. the time part sucks lol.
  • SRT4twg
    SRT4twg Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Eating tips for endomorph body type:

1. Eats lots of good protein: lean meats like chicken, fish and eggs, peanut butter and low fat cheese are good sources of protein. Also beans and legumes are excellent if you don't have a problem with a little gas now and then.

2. Lower your carbohydrate intake. Do not cut carbs out entirely, just make better choices by eating slower converting carbs like brown rice (in small quantities, 1/2 cup),green leafy vegetables like spinach, kale and varieties of lettuce, green beans, cauliflower and broccoli, limit corn, peas and carrots because they contain more sugar when broken down in the system. The low glycemic index of vegetables can help you make good choices... The Glcemic Index Database

3. Eat more whole grains and cereals like oatmeal and bran and limit refined sugars. No soda, not even diet soda. Switch to flavored waters or unsweetened tea.

4. Eat 6 small meals a day instead of 3. Eating more frequently will help boost your metabolism and help you burn fat. This can be done easily by making your meals a little smaller and including 3 snacks a day between scheduled meals. Your typical day would go like this: breakfast, mid day snack, lunch, afternoon snack, dinner and evening snack. The snacks can be a cup of raw vegetables, a piece of low- sugar fruit like ½ an apple or pear, a handful of nuts, a cup of low fat yogurt or a protein shake. Make your last meal and snack before 8 pm and try not to eat after that. Avoid fruits like bananas, oranges, and papayas. Choose berries like raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries.

5. Include daily exercise like walking, aerobic exercise like boxing or tai bo, light weights or a spin class. Aerobic exercise is any form of exercise that raises your heart rate.

6. This way of eating is a lifestyle and not a diet as permanently changing your eating habits is what will help you to keep the weight from coming back. Take it slow and do not be discouraged if you only lose 2 pounds a week because that is healthy and will not cause you to have lose hanging skin once the weight is gone.

Agree with almost everything here ^^^^

I eat a few Whole wheat carbs because I can't eat none :grumble: but most of my cards do come from veggies. I have also cut out almost all manufactured sugar(i still cant say no completely to sugar so I eat a lot of fruit) but It's been working really well. Went from size 19/18 to size 15 in 2 1/2 months. I am completely convinced increasing my muscle helped me do this because more muscle means burn more calories. I work out 4-5 days a week and do aerobics/kickboxing/yoga videos and interval running at the gym.

Sorry no after pics yet just before :blushing:

Please feel free to friend me.
  • Jonesie1984
    Options
    I'm an endomorph, too... and all I can tell you is how NOT to try to lose weight. I took off 30 lbs last year, but gained it all back without even really trying. I see that for our type, grains and sugars are bad and I try my best to avoid those, but I have a vicious sweet tooth. I'm glad to see others are achieving!

grains and sugar are not "bad".. A HEALTHY and BALANCED diet is the only way to sustain weight loss. I don't recommend omitting anything from your diet that you are going to evenutally start eating again. Be reasonable. Decrease the amount of overindulges but don't cut things out because that's how you end up with a battle with the scale going up and down and frustrating you and making you feel defeated.

Extremes are not necessary for results. I wish people stop advocating this type of living.
  • cryswest57
    cryswest57 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I'm an endomorph, too... and all I can tell you is how NOT to try to lose weight. I took off 30 lbs last year, but gained it all back without even really trying. I see that for our type, grains and sugars are bad and I try my best to avoid those, but I have a vicious sweet tooth. I'm glad to see others are achieving!

grains and sugar are not "bad".. A HEALTHY and BALANCED diet is the only way to sustain weight loss. I don't recommend omitting anything from your diet that you are going to evenutally start eating again. Be reasonable. Decrease the amount of overindulges but don't cut things out because that's how you end up with a battle with the scale going up and down and frustrating you and making you feel defeated. I'm an endomorph myself.

Extremes are not necessary for results. I wish people stop advocating this type of living.

As someone who used to be anorexic, it is healthy to slowly add junk food back into your diet so you don't gain it all back. Unbeknownst to me when I was in seventh grade, I went from barely eating to eating healthy to eat healthy with some junk. I didn't gain anything back. This is no way at all advocating anorexia. My point is that endomorphs can eat junk sometimes, but if you are eating really healthy to very slowly add some into your diet. I'm, thank to the Lord, not anorexic.
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    <--- endomorph I lift a lot of weights, watch my macro ratios and the only cardio I do is HIIT type training or a spin class.. I'm not big on cardio. I have more pics if you would like to check in my profile.. biggest muscle to flex is patience! =)

Also I use other benchmarks besides the scale, I take my measurements, photos, I track my BF%.. these things can also be dropping without the scale necessarily reflecting it. :smile:

I am so encouraged to know that I am doing all the things everyone is suggesting (except maybe that PATIENCE muscle lol).

What are you macros? I'm 45P/30F/25C. Reaching protein goal, and staying under carb goals are the most difficult.

my current macros are 40/30/30 (carbs/fat/protein) but you have to "learn" what your body is most responsive to. I my body doesn't mind being higher carb but high fats are a no go lol.

I think you're overdoing it a bit on the protein. You don't need more that 1-1.5G per Kg of LBM for protein intake. Anything else is pretty much overkill.. Lift heavy and lift to failure (or near failure if you don't have a spot) and give it time.. the time part sucks lol.

The extra protein probably isn't hurting anything unless OP has liver/kidney issues, but...I know I'd rather have a piece of toast or pasta rather than ANOTHER piece of meat. it really is about what you can sustain forever. Consider that as you're altering your diet. I find I'm less likely to over do it on carbs and sugars if allow myself a reasonable amount of them. (i.e., I eat ice cream pretty much every day).
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Eating tips for endomorph body type:

1. Eats lots of good protein: lean meats like chicken, fish and eggs, peanut butter and low fat cheese are good sources of protein. Also beans and legumes are excellent if you don't have a problem with a little gas now and then.

2. Lower your carbohydrate intake. Do not cut carbs out entirely, just make better choices by eating slower converting carbs like brown rice (in small quantities, 1/2 cup),green leafy vegetables like spinach, kale and varieties of lettuce, green beans, cauliflower and broccoli, limit corn, peas and carrots because they contain more sugar when broken down in the system. The low glycemic index of vegetables can help you make good choices... The Glcemic Index Database

3. Eat more whole grains and cereals like oatmeal and bran and limit refined sugars. No soda, not even diet soda. Switch to flavored waters or unsweetened tea.

4. Eat 6 small meals a day instead of 3. Eating more frequently will help boost your metabolism and help you burn fat. This can be done easily by making your meals a little smaller and including 3 snacks a day between scheduled meals. Your typical day would go like this: breakfast, mid day snack, lunch, afternoon snack, dinner and evening snack. The snacks can be a cup of raw vegetables, a piece of low- sugar fruit like ½ an apple or pear, a handful of nuts, a cup of low fat yogurt or a protein shake. Make your last meal and snack before 8 pm and try not to eat after that. Avoid fruits like bananas, oranges, and papayas. Choose berries like raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries.

5. Include daily exercise like walking, aerobic exercise like boxing or tai bo, light weights or a spin class. Aerobic exercise is any form of exercise that raises your heart rate.

6. This way of eating is a lifestyle and not a diet as permanently changing your eating habits is what will help you to keep the weight from coming back. Take it slow and do not be discouraged if you only lose 2 pounds a week because that is healthy and will not cause you to have lose hanging skin once the weight is gone.

Agree with almost everything here ^^^^

I eat a few Whole wheat carbs because I can't eat none :grumble: but most of my cards do come from veggies. I have also cut out almost all manufactured sugar(i still cant say no completely to sugar so I eat a lot of fruit) but It's been working really well. Went from size 19/18 to size 15 in 2 1/2 months. I am completely convinced increasing my muscle helped me do this because more muscle means burn more calories. I work out 4-5 days a week and do aerobics/kickboxing/yoga videos and interval running at the gym.

Sorry no after pics yet just before :blushing:

Please feel free to friend me.

I am an endomorph too, and I completely agree with this list. Carbs hate me, especially refined ones. I try and stay under 150g a day, but chips are my weakness :blushing: I too hate cardio, but unfortunetly it's the only thing that works if I want to see progress. I'd rather lift heavy for 2 hours then do 1/2 hour of cardio, but it has to happen. I'm not at my goal weight (160lbs) but I'm very determined to get there. It's been two years and I've been hovering around 200lbs, time to get my butt in gear.
  • electricello
    electricello Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm not advocating it at all. I follow a balanced diet now... and I still believe refined grains and refined sugars are bad for me. Your option as to whether you eat them or not. I just know they make me gain like a freight train so I choose to avoid those. I still eat the healthy stuff.
  • alexiaans
    alexiaans Posts: 113 Member
    Options

I am still playing with my macros, so I am not committed to the 45 on the protein. However, my body responds very strongly to carbs and I found that I have better results with high protein. Thankfully I don't play around when I lift. I lift heavy, often and HARD.
  • brittaney10811
    brittaney10811 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    for us not so educated folk... what is endomorph?:huh:

http://slimandcurvy.com/endomorph-body-type/

what do you know, i'm an endomorph too!! and PROUD of it!! I love my curves. I always tell my husband, if there's anything good about gaining weight, is my boobs came in now to compliment my bottom, lol. starting to lose my stomach ((as you can see in my profile pic)) and am definitely getting that hourglass shape started :)
  • alexiaans
    alexiaans Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'm not advocating it at all. I follow a balanced diet now... and I still believe refined grains and refined sugars are bad for me. Your option as to whether you eat them or not. I just know they make me gain like a freight train so I choose to avoid those. I still eat the healthy stuff.

I believe in balanced diets as well. I actually practice abstinence when it comes to refined sugars. I know that is an extreme for some but I have a very bad sugar sensitivity, and the only way I could break the emotional and physical hold was to eliminate altogether. The emotional hold was the primary reason, the physical results from abstaining is just an added plus.

Sugars are bad for me because I'm an addict, but that's a totally different post for a totally different day :-)
  • katzbluez
    katzbluez Posts: 15 Member
    Options

http://slimandcurvy.com/endomorph-body-type/

what do you know, i'm an endomorph too!! and PROUD of it!! I love my curves. I always tell my husband, if there's anything good about gaining weight, is my boobs came in now to compliment my bottom, lol. starting to lose my stomach ((as you can see in my profile pic)) and am definitely getting that hourglass shape started :)

Thank you for the link! Can't see it here at work, but will look when i get home, mainly bc i was wondering the same thing.
  • Shanel0916
    Shanel0916 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Bump I think I may be an Endomorph
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/becker3.htm

Here's a "quiz" to see what your body type is. I think it might make the distinctions a little easier.
  • Jonesie1984
    Options
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/becker3.htm

Here's a "quiz" to see what your body type is. I think it might make the distinctions a little easier.

I love this ^^^ girl :heart: . I think most people are actually a balance of meso/endo.. I'm much more there than an extreme endo.. We have a tendency to think if someone has a couple of extra pounds they're an endomorph or if they're slim they're automatically a ecto.. so not the case.

And regarding the 45% of protein being overkill it's not that it will hurt you but you've pretty much maximized the nutritonal benefits of higher protein around 30-35% macros wise from what I've read... not that it is harmful unless you have a medical indication, I just wouldn't be able to maintain it lol.. I would be a stir crazy psycho woman.. :laugh:
  • boboff
    boboff Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I didn't know what an Endomorph was, so I gooogled it.

It says lots of beautiful women are this! They said Beyonce, then Roxanne!

You are all lovely!
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options

I had to google it.
    The endomorph body type is solid and generally soft. Endomorphs gain fat very easily. Endo’s are usually of a shorter build with thick arms and legs. Muscles are strong, especially the upper legs. Endomorphs find they are naturally strong in leg exercises like the squat.

Typical traits of an Endomorph:

•Soft and round body
    •Gains muscle and fat very easily
    •Is generally short
    •"Stocky" build
    •Round physique
    •Finds it hard to lose fat
    •Slow metabolism
    •Muscles not so well defined
    When it comes to training endomorphs find it very easy to gain weight. Unfortunately, a large portion of this weight is fat not muscle. To keep fat gain to a minimum, endomorphs must always train cardio as well as weights. Usually supplements may not be needed as long as the person has a high protein intake in their diet.
  • Dfracassa
    Dfracassa Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    It seems like I fit into this category, too! I have always known that if I eat, for example, a pound of food (seems like a lot, but isn't impossible) I'd gain a pound. And that pound would stick. The only way I ever lost weight in the past was through starvation, and obviously that's no good. I'm really working on this lifestyle change, now, because I want to be healthy and embrace the way I look. My fiance loves my curves, and apparently, so does society. So why shouldn't I? :smile:

Friends welcome!
  • dani127x
    dani127x Posts: 17
    Options
    After reading through this thread and taking that nifty little quiz, I'm and endomorph too! I made the major life style change about a year ago with a starting weight of 231 and I'm now down to 165. I cut out a lot of if not most refined carbs like pasta and bread although I still have it on occasion. If I want something bread-y I try to stick to whole grains. Completely cut out soda and have been trying to introduce more veggies and lean proteins in my diet. One big thing thats helped me lose weight is VARIETY. If I get bored with food, I tend to turn to a lot of junk or sweets to get flavor. I started trying out different herbs (including growing some myself in my garden) and spices and I'm constantly looking for new recipes. I feel like the more interesting and flavorful you can make your diet, the more invested you become and the more likely you are to want to stick to it. Food is a lot easier to eat and manage when its delicious!!

In terms of exercise, I used to have a trainer and now even without one I do a lot of resistance and weight training, and HIITs and Spinning classes for cardio. I've always loved my curves but I want to be a bit more toned. My goal is to be in a bikini by the end of the summer!!

I'll come back later to post some pictures if I can find them on my personal computer!

Much love to all you sexy, curvy endos!
  • CCusedtodance
    CCusedtodance Posts: 237 Member
    Options

Typical traits of an Endomorph:

•Soft and round body
    •Gains muscle and fat very easily
    •Is generally short
    •"Stocky" build
    •Round physique
    •Finds it hard to lose fat
    •Slow metabolism
    •Muscles not so well defined
    When it comes to training endomorphs find it very easy to gain weight. Unfortunately, a large portion of this weight is fat not muscle. To keep fat gain to a minimum, endomorphs must always train cardio as well as weights. Usually supplements may not be needed as long as the person has a high protein intake in their diet.

^^^^^This describes me to a "T". I have Beyonce hips, JLo's rear (plus some poundage) and I wish I had Dolly Parton breasts, but I come close. :laugh:
  • ebonie101
    ebonie101 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    1)progress pictures - http://eboniesfitjourney.tumblr.com/post/42211321938/oh-the-arm-progress-coming-along-nicely (progress pictures of my muscles so yes it is easy for endomorphs to gain muscle if you are eating good amounts of protein. )
    http://eboniesfitjourney.tumblr.com/post/38101715097/progress-time-i-said-i-would-post-more-pix-when-i (my older progress pictures of my waist, need to take new ones)

2) i would recommend a "low carb" diet as in try to limit your refined grains like white bread and white rice as well as not eating too much pasta even if it is whole grain. I find that i am very carb sensitive and that halted my weight loss several times., as far as exercising RUN LIKE THE WIND GIRLLLLLLLLLLLL! lol we all know too well that our legs/thighs are the biggest issue and seem to not want to budge at all but running or jogging does help in this area and it also shrinks your waist in no time. last but not least.....LIFTING WEIGHTS! you better be doing it idc if its a 10 pound dumbell! lift lift lift this was a huge game changer for me i gained muscle and lots of confidence cause our arms are also hot spots for storing fat like our legs. dont be afraid to lift.

im currently stuck right now as well and feel it breaking with intense cardio try this do HIIT(high intensity interval training) like run your hardest for 20 seconds then stop and walk for 2 min..run hard for 20 seconds stop and walk for 2 min(repeat) burns alot more fat than just jogging if you can.

oh and if anybody knows how to post pictures straight up without a link that would be great :p
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!