What is the best ketchup for steak?

Options

Replies

• iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Man, there are some things that just should not be trolled.

French fry sauce on good beef is just too horrible a thought. What's next? Kittens and battery acid? It's just inhuman.
  • vcfervc
    vcfervc Posts: 28
    Options
    None.
  • kokalvt
    kokalvt Posts: 143
    Options
    cook your steak rare so you don't have to put anything on it

what and risk getting tricknossis

Ah so you mean pork steaks not beef steaks.

You can have ketchup with those. :wink:

u a scienntist? u have a lab coat? no.. beef gives tricknossis

FYI
    "Trichinosis is a disease caused by eating meat that has not been thoroughly cooked and contains cysts (larvae, or immature worms) of Trichinella spiralis. Trichinella spiralis can be found in pork, bear, walrus, fox, rat, horse, and lion meat.

Wild animals, especially carnivores (meat eaters) or omnivores (animals that eat both meat and plants), should be considered possible sources of roundworm disease. Domestic meat animals raised specifically for eating under United States Department of Agriculture (government) guidelines and inspection can be considered safe. For this reason, cases of trichinosis are rare in the United States though it is a common infection worlwide."

So, unless you're eating some wild pig or lion outside of the United States in the wild, I think you're okay when it comes to Trichinosis...
  • Synapze
    Synapze Posts: 499
    Options
    NONE! Its a STEAK, not a sausage.

Walks out in disgust.... :grumble:
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    none...montreal steak spice is all you need IMO...yummmm
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options

Trichinosis is from pork, not beef. Rare beef = yummy, well steak = shoe leather.
  • Sheila_KI
    Sheila_KI Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    HP Sauce!!!!!
  • BrainsOnGains
    BrainsOnGains Posts: 282 Member
    Options

FYI
    "Trichinosis is a disease caused by eating meat that has not been thoroughly cooked and contains cysts (larvae, or immature worms) of Trichinella spiralis. Trichinella spiralis can be found in pork, bear, walrus, fox, rat, horse, and lion meat.

Wild animals, especially carnivores (meat eaters) or omnivores (animals that eat both meat and plants), should be considered possible sources of roundworm disease. Domestic meat animals raised specifically for eating under United States Department of Agriculture (government) guidelines and inspection can be considered safe. For this reason, cases of trichinosis are rare in the United States though it is a common infection worlwide."

So, unless you're eating some wild pig or lion outside of the United States in the wild, I think you're okay when it comes to Trichinosis...

you said beef
  • cathyfowler662
    cathyfowler662 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Do you cook it with ketchup, or do you put the ketchup on after it's cooked?

strictly for dipping my well done charred steak into.

Okay, just eat the charcoal because a real steak is never cooked well done!! No wonder you want ketchup!! Who would want to eat that.

A steak should be medium rare with nothing on it. You are not eating real steak if you are burning it and adding ketchup!!
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    If your steak needs a condiment, than you didn't cook it right.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    In all seriousness, you really shouldn't eat ketchup at all. Most brands of ketchup contain the same ingredients as rat poison and anti-freeze. There are people who eat ketchup everyday. I just can't imagine what kind of damage their doing to their insides by doing that every single day. The best way to handle this is to give up meat entirely. Morningstar Farms makes a great steak substitute, and you can barely tell the difference in flavor.
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options

Trichinosis is commonly found in undercooked pork, never in beef, to my knowledge, which was just confirmed:
    "Trichinosis is a disease caused by eating meat that has not been thoroughly cooked and contains cysts (larvae, or immature worms) of Trichinella spiralis. Trichinella spiralis can be found in pork, bear, walrus, fox, rat, horse, and lion meat."
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001655/

I see the word beef
    lmao Yeah, in what *I* wrote, not what came from the site. I guess you could be eating bear steak, walrus steak, fox steak, rat steak, horse steak, lion steak OR pork steak and be at risk for trichinosis... But, the one you actually might get from a BEEF steak would much more likely be e-coli.
  • kokalvt
    kokalvt Posts: 143
    Options

FYI

you said beef

Did not!
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    In all seriousness, you really shouldn't eat ketchup at all. Most brands of ketchup contain the same ingredients as rat poison and anti-freeze. There are people who eat ketchup everyday. I just can't imagine what kind of damage their doing to their insides by doing that every single day. The best way to handle this is to give up meat entirely. Morningstar Farms makes a great steak substitute, and you can barely tell the difference in flavor.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • BrainsOnGains
    BrainsOnGains Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Do you cook it with ketchup, or do you put the ketchup on after it's cooked?

strictly for dipping my well done charred steak into.

Okay, just eat the charcoal because a real steak is never cooked well done!! No wonder you want ketchup!! Who would want to eat that.

A steak should be medium rare with nothing on it. You are not eating real steak if you are burning it and adding ketchup!!

free country.
  • TheWinman
    TheWinman Posts: 700 Member
    Options

Please save the lecture about giving up meat for it's own too often repeated topic.
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    ketchup is gross...just. gross.
  • elis_mama
    elis_mama Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    A1.

it doesn't look like ketchup and it doesn't taste like ketchup, but it's the right ketchup for steak.

no I will stick with ketchup

GzYbVkt.gif

Literally LOL'd at that! One of my fave SNL skits!
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options

Debbie+Downer.jpg
  • sunshinesquared
    sunshinesquared Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    Bacon!