Replies

• JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    How late is too late? It's never too late. Give her a ring
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    Seriously...be realistic , you know the chances of this resulting in anything long term are small . If thats even what you want .

my friends all thought the guy was a creeper .
    GUESS WHAT ? HE WAS .

She has issues that she needs to work on if she would consider someone that much older imo .

It may work in some cases , but this is my oppinion on the whole thing .

Thanks. I think I am genuinely trying to do the right thing.

Who is society to say who we can and can't love.

I mean a few years ago gay marraige was out of the question.

Now look!

yeah this is you justifying something that isn't right.
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

LOL! :laugh:

Her parents are well into their 50s though I already asked about them. Apparently her dad is with the police. :grumble:
    [/quote]

Her dad has been arrested??? Age difference *could* work, but dodgy family!!!!! not so sure :ohwell:
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options

LOL! :laugh:

Her parents are well into their 50s though I already asked about them. Apparently her dad is with the police. :grumble:
    [/quote]

Her dad has been arrested??? Age difference *could* work, but dodgy family!!!!! not so sure :ohwell:
    [/quote]

I'm sorry. I should specify.

He's a police officer.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    If you have to ask, then, yeah, she's probably too young. Most 17-year-olds are still children in a lot of ways. Yeah, it may seem fun and exciting now, but are you going to regret it later?
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    At 17 she isn't even done growing yet - mentally, emotionally or physically. And you are supposed to be almost 30 years old? As a high school teacher, the idea of a full-grown adult dating a teenager really grosses me out. There's such an uneven balance of experience and power in this kind of relationship. Most people haven't really found themselves until their mid-twenties anyway. She is far from a woman. Have you had problems developing relationships with people closer to your own age?

(12 years may not be a big deal when you're older, because you both share equal status as adults. For example, 30 and 42, not a big deal. 12 and 24, pervy as hell. 17 and 29, highly questionable.)
  • trudijoy
    Options
    At 17 she isn't even done growing yet - mentally, emotionally or physically. And you are supposed to be almost 30 years old? As a high school teacher, the idea of a full-grown adult dating a teenager really grosses me out. There's such an uneven balance of experience and power in this kind of relationship. Most people haven't really found themselves until their mid-twenties anyway. She is far from a woman. Have you had problems developing relationships with people closer to your own age?

(12 years may not be a big deal when you're older, because you both share equal status as adults. For example, 30 and 42, not a big deal. 12 and 24, pervy as hell. 17 and 29, highly questionable.)

agree agree agree agree agree
  • Cr01502
    Options

But as a high school teacher are you telling me you've NEVER felt attracted to your students?
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Call dr. phil.

Seriously, why the hell would you pose that kind of question on this kind of site?
  • danielleburwell97060
    Options
    I have no issues with age gaps but I feel there are appropriate times in life for them and inappropriate times as well. In 10 years that 12 year gap means hardly anything but right now? Way too big. You are in COMPLETELY different phases of life. Now if you were 39 and she was 27? Go for it. 29 and 17 is just too different. What could you possibly have in common beyond anything physical? At 17 she doesn't even know who she is. I'd say it's a bad idea.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

bro, do you even math?

bro!?

do you english!?
  • _Fatty2Fitty_
    _Fatty2Fitty_ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    eh.....no!! As much as Im all for age is just a number.....this is pushing it slightly!! Shes a child! What i find weirder is that your probably closer to her parents age than hers and that you were probably nearly finished school when she was born!
  • trudijoy
    Options

But as a high school teacher are you telling me you've NEVER felt attracted to your students?

as a high school teacher i don't see my students as potential mates. I see them as developing, maturing young men and women. I don't have sexual attraction for them as they aren't in that category in my mind. I can see which of them are good looking, but it means very little. My relationships/connections with them are interpersonal, the end.

Clearly you aren't a teacher....
  • Cr01502
    Options
    Call dr. phil.

Seriously, why the hell would you pose that kind of question on this kind of site?

I'm in the Chit chat section.

I'm perfectly in within the rules to discuss this here.
  • Cr01502
    Options
    eh.....no!! As much as Im all for age is just a number.....this is pushing it slightly!! Shes a child! What i find weirder is that your probably closer to her parents age than hers and that you were probably nearly finished school when she was born!

Class of 2001 baby!

:drinker:
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

bro, do you even math?

bro!?

do you english!?

nope. English is my 4th language actually. Nice try though. Also, since you decided to mock me like this, Its English.

Also, bro, do you even internet?
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options

Have you seen OP's profile photos............you suggesting he looks 50 ish !!!! Wow, wish I could find me a 50 yr old that looks like that :wink:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Who is society to say who we can and can't love.

you talked to her once in the gym and now you love her.....?
  • mhcoss
    mhcoss Posts: 220
    Options
    hit it and quit it bro
  • alimac92
    alimac92 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Go for it, but don't call between 9 and 3.30 as she'll be in the classroom and you don't want her in detention.......oh wait, maybe you want to put her in detention :laugh:

That really made me laugh!

I needed that thanx

:laugh: