How young is too young?

Options

Replies

• twelfty
    twelfty Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    And Taunto, before you say it, I DO know about your culture, and I am entitled to an opinion just as much as you are.

I have noticed you posting controversial posts in an attempt to get a rise out of people many times on here, and now that you have, you don't seem to like it. In all honesty, what did you expect people's reactions to be to your post? You have to understand our way of living just as much as you expect us to understand yours.

Where am I from. Please tell me and also tell me how you know my culture and how does that entitle you to an opinion?

Ohh Taunto...if not from India you're either from Pakistan or Bangladesh eating "chaney ki daal, kadhai chicken, igloo ice-cream, roti ,indian tandoori naan,pakodas,keema,dosa,poori,indianchicken biryani,kofta,kadhi,bombay club rabri,bihari kabab" and having 'indian chai' in your diary. "Eat outs at Gopal's, Indian Take aways,Ghasitaram's cham cham arhar daal, laal wali daal,halwa"...you kidding..?? Who other that Indians or pakistanis know hindi that well not even bangladeshis.

THANK YOU
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    going by your pics you're from india? i think given the current movement for fairer treatment of women in your country after a woman had her insides removed with a scaffold pole after being raped by 6 men, you might want to have a look at what values you're holding to lol...
    sometimes cultures need to change.

agreed
    including our own.

the recent news in america, with more sympathy for rapist jocks than for their victim, would illustrate the point. marital rape was legal in the uk right up until 1991. i don't think there's a culture on the planet that shouldn't be striving to improve.

I very much agree with this. A friend of mine showed me all these Twitter posts and FB posts by people, actually blaming the girl for the rape, that she was a "slut" and "why was she drinking in the first place." Yeah, because you should be punished for making a stupid choice by way of rape. Even worse was those females who got arrested for harassing and threatening her. Disgusting.
    [/quote]
    and how impressive it is that we can post our disgust without being accused of being anti american.

if you love your country and your culture then you want it to be the best it can be, and admitting it's flaws is part of that.
    [/quote]

1991 would be 22 years ago... alot changes in nearly a quarter of a century lol

while again in india where forced marriages and rape is completely legal i fail to see where the counter arguement is, i don't know what idiots on facebook holds as a countries values but where i'm from in the UK off of the internet a rapist is not defended unless in a court of law because he has to be and victims are most definately not vilified in any way shape or form
    [/quote]

Rape is legal in India? Better tell those guys just found guilty of raping a student then........
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    going by your pics you're from india? i think given the current movement for fairer treatment of women in your country after a woman had her insides removed with a scaffold pole after being raped by 6 men, you might want to have a look at what values you're holding to lol...

agreed
    including our own.

the recent news in america, with more sympathy for rapist jocks than for their victim, would illustrate the point. marital rape was legal in the uk right up until 1991. i don't think there's a culture on the planet that shouldn't be striving to improve.

I very much agree with this. A friend of mine showed me all these Twitter posts and FB posts by people, actually blaming the girl for the rape, that she was a "slut" and "why was she drinking in the first place." Yeah, because you should be punished for making a stupid choice by way of rape. Even worse was those females who got arrested for harassing and threatening her. Disgusting.
    and how impressive it is that we can post our disgust without being accused of being anti american.

if you love your country and your culture then you want it to be the best it can be, and admitting it's flaws is part of that.

while again in india where forced marriages and rape is completely legal i fail to see where the counter arguement is, i don't know what idiots on facebook holds as a countries values but where i'm from in the UK off of the internet a rapist is not defended unless in a court of law because he has to be and victims are most definately not vilified in any way shape or form

I don't understand why you keep bringing India into this conversation? Did your British empire not rape and pillage them enough that you feel the need to finish the job?

... no i'm expressing my opinion of the things that go on there, i didn't have anything to do with the british empire? i don't reallllly think i'm disallowed an opinion because of something that happened 400 years ago

400 years ago? Do you know nothing of your own history?
  • Kat5343
    Kat5343 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    as a girl who used to hook up with older guys when I was 17... I look back now and see them as total creepers.

Yes!!! Back when I was 16 and 17... I had a 23-year-old who would always hit on me.. I thought it was cool at the time. BUT, now I have a 17-year-old daughter and I look at that guy for what he was.. A FREAKIN PEDOPHILE!!! Jeez. Someone who just doesn't want to grow up.

So, are you planning on going to prom with her too???
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    My mother was 18 when she met my father, 19 when she married him. He was 40. BUT, my mother graduated from highschool at 16 years old (she's one of those smart types), graduated from college, and had already been married and divorced with a child (book smart, not people smart- her first husband was an abusive alcoholic) when she met my father. So she wasn't quite like today's 18 year old maturity wise. My dad passed away two weeks after their 33rd anniversary.

Your mom didn't suddenly become "people-smart" when she met your dad, she was simply lucky he wasn't another *kitten*. And here's the thing: teenagers usually can't tell if someone's being abusive, and if they do, they don't know how to deal with it. Even less that grownups. Yet another reason for adults not to date kids.

Thanks again for proving my point. I'm genuinely just a nice guy.

I'm not a jerk. I simply plan on taking her out and seeing if there's the same chemistry I felt for her at the gym.

Thanks.

:flowerforyou:

Pff, just admit it; you want to screw her, and she's hot enough for you to ignore common sense.
    Well, go for it. I'm fairly sure you'll strike out quickly though, as she's not likely to be very interested. Being a hot 17-year old an all, she probably doesn't have to settle for 29-year olds who wants to sleep with teenagers.

This is a much less kind way of saying it, but I agree that he's going to get his heart broken by her. I was watching a movie about this the other night and thinking about how the man was in love with the high schooler, but she dumped him because he was immature. She was hot, and he was kinda schlumpy.

Ok now I'm starting to ACTUALLY get offended! Being called a creep and now being accused of being "schlumpy"!

Why is it so hard to believe that a 17 year old might be attracted to me? I put alot of effort into my appearence. I work hard at it. I'm certainly not "schlumpy".

Honestly? Because you're 29, man. You're past your peak, AND you're someone who wants to go out with a 17-year old, which points to an intellect slightly lower than the average ~30-something's. I'm not saying you ARE, I'm just saying it's kind of indicative...

I AM NOT OVER THE HILL!!!!:explode:
  • jamie610811
    jamie610811 Posts: 1,734 Member
    Options
    It's a big NO NO , sorry dude
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

You seem to be persistently missing the point over and over again despite how many people point it out to you.

It's seemingly weird to you that a woman 'magically' turns into an adult when she hits 18, but not so weird that a girl 'magically' turns into an adult the second she starts bleeding.

And seeing as you are obviously so unique and follow this ancient culture that no-one would possibly know anything about, why don't you inform us poor uneducated souls as to what that is rather than being so secretive about it?

I would also like to point out, if you really do follow a 300 year old culture, that explains a lot as to why you think it's acceptable to have sex with children. Your culture needs updating.

Wow you're one nasty woman. Just because somebody chooses to ignore your methods you accuse them of wanting ot have sex with children? You're sick and you disgust me.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options

Dude, you eat live shrimp and still claim to know better!

I don't eat sea food. Once again, you're clearly clueless about my culture

You're trying to take advantage of the "ancient asian culture" thing, when we all know that most of asia was a swamp where the highest level of intellect barely managed to figure out what end of the pointy stick to poke the frogs with. So I'm going to treat you as an average asian, which eats sea food, including live baby shrimp. And pig-face.

Racist post is racist
  • twelfty
    Options

agreed
    including our own.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Rape is legal in India? Better tell those guys just found guilty of raping a student then........
    [/quote]

because it was made world wide news
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    as a girl who used to hook up with older guys when I was 17... I look back now and see them as total creepers.

Yes!!! Back when I was 16 and 17... I had a 23-year-old who would always hit on me.. I thought it was cool at the time. BUT, now I have a 17-year-old daughter and I look at that guy for what he was.. A FREAKIN PEDOPHILE!!! Jeez. Someone who just doesn't want to grow up.

So, are you planning on going to prom with her too???

Ok 23 and 17?

That's just absurd?

What happens at 18? The adult fairy comes down and blesses them?
  • Leeanne1974
    Leeanne1974 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I would also like to point out, if you really do follow a 300 year old culture, that explains a lot as to why you think it's acceptable to have sex with children. Your culture needs updating.
    Totally agree

It is amazing how some people leave part of their culture behind but keep the bits that they like.

300 years ago we all crapped out of windows and burned witches at the stake. We bethrothed our children at the age of about 9 or 10, younger if we happened to be royalty. We sent small children out to work and up chimneys at the age of 6 or 7.

It is quite important to move with the times. If someone wants to use, believe and live by the phrase "Old enough to bleed old enough to breed" they need their testicles removing and shoving up their backside. Its revolting and wrong.
    Mind you, some Asian cultures believe that powdered Rhino horn helps with erections and that bear bile is good for them. Nuff said!
  • twelfty
    Options

agreed
    including our own.

I don't understand why you keep bringing India into this conversation? Did your British empire not rape and pillage them enough that you feel the need to finish the job?

... no i'm expressing my opinion of the things that go on there, i didn't have anything to do with the british empire? i don't reallllly think i'm disallowed an opinion because of something that happened 400 years ago

400 years ago? Do you know nothing of your own history?

The first British outpost in South Asia was established in 1619 at Surat (in the State of Gujarat, India) on the northwestern coast.
  • rabies
    rabies Posts: 62
    Options

Dude, you eat live shrimp and still claim to know better!

I don't eat sea food. Once again, you're clearly clueless about my culture

You're trying to take advantage of the "ancient asian culture" thing, when we all know that most of asia was a swamp where the highest level of intellect barely managed to figure out what end of the pointy stick to poke the frogs with. So I'm going to treat you as an average asian, which eats sea food, including live baby shrimp. And pig-face.

Racist post is racist

How is it racist to claim that a few thousand years back, not all asians where geniuses? Or is it the fact that I claim a lot of asians eat sea-food and pig-face?
  • sbbhbm
    sbbhbm Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    My mother was 18 when she met my father, 19 when she married him. He was 40. BUT, my mother graduated from highschool at 16 years old (she's one of those smart types), graduated from college, and had already been married and divorced with a child (book smart, not people smart- her first husband was an abusive alcoholic) when she met my father. So she wasn't quite like today's 18 year old maturity wise. My dad passed away two weeks after their 33rd anniversary.

Your mom didn't suddenly become "people-smart" when she met your dad, she was simply lucky he wasn't another *kitten*. And here's the thing: teenagers usually can't tell if someone's being abusive, and if they do, they don't know how to deal with it. Even less that grownups. Yet another reason for adults not to date kids.

Her life experience had helped her become "people-smart". Which was my point- my mother had already experienced a lot of life by the time she was 18. She was far more mature than most 18 year olds today.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    And Taunto, before you say it, I DO know about your culture, and I am entitled to an opinion just as much as you are.

I have noticed you posting controversial posts in an attempt to get a rise out of people many times on here, and now that you have, you don't seem to like it. In all honesty, what did you expect people's reactions to be to your post? You have to understand our way of living just as much as you expect us to understand yours.

Where am I from. Please tell me and also tell me how you know my culture and how does that entitle you to an opinion?

Ohh Taunto...if not from India you're either from Pakistan or Bangladesh eating "chaney ki daal, kadhai chicken, igloo ice-cream, roti ,indian tandoori naan,pakodas,keema,dosa,poori,indianchicken biryani,kofta,kadhi,bombay club rabri,bihari kabab" and having 'indian chai' in your diary. "Eat outs at Gopal's, Indian Take aways,Ghasitaram's cham cham arhar daal, laal wali daal,halwa"...you kidding..?? Who other that Indians or pakistanis know hindi that well not even bangladeshis.

First, keep guessing. You're doing an amazing job so far. I know of a friend of mine who's black and eats Italian a lot. He's clearly from Greece. Right?

Also, Indian rape scandal is the same as Pakistan and Bangladesh? Are YOU kidding?

You are so clueless and ignorant that I don't even know how you can type...
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options

You seem to be persistently missing the point over and over again despite how many people point it out to you.

It's seemingly weird to you that a woman 'magically' turns into an adult when she hits 18, but not so weird that a girl 'magically' turns into an adult the second she starts bleeding.

And seeing as you are obviously so unique and follow this ancient culture that no-one would possibly know anything about, why don't you inform us poor uneducated souls as to what that is rather than being so secretive about it?

Wow you're one nasty woman. Just because somebody chooses to ignore your methods you accuse them of wanting ot have sex with children? You're sick and you disgust me.

I can assure you not as much as you disgust me. Your original post said 'old enough to bleed, old enough to breed'. A more recent post said that children in Asia start having periods at 13.

A 13 year old is still a child.

*awaits response about your culture*
  • rabies
    Options

Her life experience had helped her become "people-smart". Which was my point- my mother had already experienced a lot of life by the time she was 18. She was far more mature than most 18 year olds today.

I'm sure she was, but my point is that it's still like saying "I'm MUCH heavier than air!". That doesn't make you heavy in an absolute sense...
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options

Pakistan and Bangladesh is totally India.
    Is geography no longer taught in schools? Perhaps the OP could check with his potential girlfriend...

Oh, and I live in Manchester and could fill my diary with the above, you can't tell someone's location by their diary, we live in a multicultural world now, y'know? :flowerforyou:
  • rabies
    Options
    I think taunto is originally american or european, but moved to Thailand.
  • Leeanne1974
    Leeanne1974 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Ok 23 and 17?

That's just absurd?

What happens at 18? The adult fairy comes down and blesses them?
    No. Its the age when most GROWN UPS AND DECENT ADULTS recognise that in the UK you are not an adult until you are 18,
    If you wish to date a person who isn't a child but is NOT yet an adult then don't expect to get back up from a forum