How young is too young?

Options

Replies

• lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    going by your pics you're from india? i think given the current movement for fairer treatment of women in your country after a woman had her insides removed with a scaffold pole after being raped by 6 men, you might want to have a look at what values you're holding to lol...
    sometimes cultures need to change.

I agree. A culture where a women magically becomes an adult at the age of 18 needs to change...

That's a ridiculous comparison. No, a woman doesn't 'magically' become an adult at the age of 18, but there has to be a specified age somewhere. If we moved it to 25, she wouldn't 'magically' become an adult then, either. Same as a girl doesn't 'magically' become old enough or mature enough to get married and have children the second she starts her first period, eh?
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I'm from Asia. We have a strict policy of old enough to bleed, old enough to breed

tragic thing is, you thougt yourself ubercool for saying this disgusting remark, didn't you?
  • JessicaP327
    JessicaP327 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Well, according to my ex who was 33 and cheating on me with one of his 17 year old students and some random 19 year old he met in a supermarket, he would say, "GO FOR IT!"

I, on the other hand, would say don't.
  • super_J73
    super_J73 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I have a daughter, she would never be dating a 29 year old if she was 17. End of story.
  • Lieann22
    Lieann22 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    No. She is not mature enough no matter how she acts. I don't know how you would even think that this is okay. I am 33 and when I see kids in their teens they look sooo young to me. Almost like kids in high school look like they are in middle school.

I truly believe after 25 years old age stops mattering. If she were 21 Id still be skeptical but more accepting. She cant drink for 4 years. You are at very different stages in your life. You are in the stage of your life when you start settling down, she should be focused on college and finding herself. You'd be doing a disadvantage to her by dating her. The last thing she needs is someone holding her back. Stay away because this is creepy

Again with the creepy . . .

But she doesn't even look young! I never would've approached her if I thought she was 17!

I thought she was 22 or 21.

It was a school day for Pete's sake!!

My previous post exactly ..... you don't want to be THAT guy
  • MM_1982
    MM_1982 Posts: 374
    Options
    Just do it. Don't listen to the haters on here. They're just being BITTER.
  • rabies
    rabies Posts: 62
    Options
    No. She is not mature enough no matter how she acts. I don't know how you would even think that this is okay. I am 33 and when I see kids in their teens they look sooo young to me. Almost like kids in high school look like they are in middle school.

I truly believe after 25 years old age stops mattering. If she were 21 Id still be skeptical but more accepting. She cant drink for 4 years. You are at very different stages in your life. You are in the stage of your life when you start settling down, she should be focused on college and finding herself. You'd be doing a disadvantage to her by dating her. The last thing she needs is someone holding her back. Stay away because this is creepy

But she doesn't even look young! I never would've approached her if I thought she was 17!

Well, you were wrong, obviously. Now that you know she's actually 17 you need to back off.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options

Thanks man!

It's nice to meet someone that isn't so close minded.
  • Daisychain65
    Daisychain65 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    As the mother of a seventeen year old...NO
    No way, No how, not happening!
  • Lieann22
    Options

Thanks man!

not closed minded - you asked for opinion - you got it - what you do is your shout
  • ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    well Im not sure. I was 17 when I met my partner who was 27 (10 yrs 6 months exactly older then me) and weve been together 5 yers and have 2 boys (2yrs, 5 months) We have our ups and downs but thats because of the sleepless nights with the new baby but wev had no issues due to age.
    But Id probably tell any daughter I might have in the future to be careful being with someone that much older. My OH doesnt act 32 and Im more mature then him so we even eachother out lol
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    If you had a 17 year old sister and one of your mates started seeing her, would you be happy?
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options

Thanks man!

now you just sound like you posted because you wanted everyone to pat you on the head, assure you you're a good guy and tell you to go for it.

i had an open mind about it when this thread started but it's narrowing rapidly!
  • KrysGettinFit
    KrysGettinFit Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I would say definitely not. Even if it is legal, doesn't make it right. She may seem mature, but she is still only a 17 year old girl.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

Thanks man!

now you just sound like you posted because you wanted everyone to pat you on the head, assure you you're a good guy and tell you to go for it.

i had an open mind about it when this thread started but it's narrowing rapidly!

lol you had a narrow mind from the begining. Even before you came to this thread. Anyone talking about low and high class is a narrow minded ignorant person. Shame on you
  • MM_1982
    MM_1982 Posts: 374
    Options
    Let's see.. people who are against this:
    -older women
    -married women
    -women who don't get any play

Who's for it.
    -Every decent man who has a pulse!
  • foxro
    foxro Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    So you can join the military at 17/18 and die in a war but you can't date someone older ???
  • Lieann22
    Options
    Let's see.. people who are against this:
    -older women
    -married women
    -women who don't get any play

Who's for it.
    -Every decent man who has a pulse!

haha love it ..... this post needs a bit of humour
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Seventeen is a very mature age. Most girls know what they're doing by that age. Sounds like she clearly has you wrapped around her finger, but be warned: the young ones can be manipulative.

Please be careful with your heart and tread lightly. When the lacrosse captain at her high school decides he likes her again, she's going to dump you. I care about your feelings. I really do. If you think you can handle the inevitable rejection that is likely to follow, then I say go for it. If you think it's going to leave you crying in your ale, then maybe let this one go.
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options

I find it telling that you think at the age of 29, you have anything in common with a teenager, let alone the ability to hold a conversation with one. Nuff said.