How young is too young?

Options

Replies

• foxro
    foxro Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Despite my wanting to bite my tongue and kick myself in the head and most likely be branded as a creeper - why then do human beings sexually mature at a young age ??? Do we blame nature or God for the rotten situation !!!!
  • marykpfist
    marykpfist Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I'm genuinely curious to know what you found you have in common with her after talking with her in the gym. Does she even squat?

She sticks to cardio mostly.

I think I could convince her to start lifting heavy though.

Lol, you are so just trolling with this thread, i know it.

^^^^this^^^^^

Honestly, why continue to feed the trolls?
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    lol yeah let me ignore thousands of years of wisdom and culture in the name of science that is what? 50 years old?

Need I remind you that not too long ago, doctors caused more fatalities at the time of child birth compared to the old ladies who'd deliver? Wheres your science then?

Or how about, you keep your nose out of my culture and keep whatever fad you got going on to your own country huh?
    i would add that, attitudes like yours are mostly common in the lower classes of most of the cultures you speak of. the higher classes, those who are educated, tending towards marrying later.

wow, thank you for calling me low class...

Thats really classy of you
    if we were to ask the opinion of someone genuinely high class from your culture, where would they place you?
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    How can one jump to that conclusion or make that assumption? You are aware there are over 200 other countries beside the US and England...

Hm? I didn't say there weren't? It doesn't matter what country it is, A person from the US knows the age gap stigma of the US. Well there's always exceptions, but I'm pretty sure its like that with any place.

I guess it could be wrong of me to make a logical conclusion from the information provided, but I would say its pretty reasonable.

Still an assumption that you presented as fact. He could've not been in the US since his he was 8 years old and grew up some where that didn't hold those cultural values.

Any assumption could be reasonable if you tailored the bits of information you have to fit that assumption.

Funfact did you know you can get married in the US at 16 if your family is okay with it? Not bad for such an uptight country.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    lol yeah let me ignore thousands of years of wisdom and culture in the name of science that is what? 50 years old?

Need I remind you that not too long ago, doctors caused more fatalities at the time of child birth compared to the old ladies who'd deliver? Wheres your science then?

Or how about, you keep your nose out of my culture and keep whatever fad you got going on to your own country huh?
    i would add that, attitudes like yours are mostly common in the lower classes of most of the cultures you speak of. the higher classes, those who are educated, tending towards marrying later.

if we were to ask the opinion of someone genuinely high class from your culture, where would they place you?

Well, my people aren't ignorant enough to place each other in "classes". But thanks for bringing up that I'm a low class.

ETA: What is considered high class in your opinion. I actually wanna know know? I have lived in US for 10 years and am doing a PhD now in Asia and my immediate family members consists of Chief accountants and doctors and businessman. Whats a high class to you and low-class to you?
  • cburky911
    cburky911 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Honestly OP, you've heard mostly negative and a few positive responses to your question. That's really all this is going to boil down to. This is ultimately up to you to decide, whether to pursue a relationship or not.

Someone posted this in another thread, which is kinda relevant to the topic.

halfageplusseven.png

And who made this rule?

Who is this person to decide who I should and shouldn't date?

It's an interesting chart but not exactly something that I'd take life advice from.

You asked the question and are now upset that you're not getting the responses you want. It's not the 12 years difference in age that would be an issue IMO. It's the fact that she's only 17 years old. If you're 42 and she's 30...go for it...but she's a teenage girl you're a grown man. If you didn't want honest opinions, then don't ask the question.
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    And who made this rule?

Who is this person to decide who I should and shouldn't date?

It's an interesting chart but not exactly something that I'd take life advice from.

Well OP you're the one who asked the question, and so far a vast majority of responses agree with said rule in your specific case.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I think I am genuinely trying to do the right thing.

Who is society to say who we can and can't love.

I mean a few years ago gay marraige was out of the question.

Now look!

For one thing, you are absolutely NOT trying to do "the right thing". You have ignored or chastised everyone who has voiced any concern or objection to this, despite having asked for people's opinions, and have only accepted those who support what you want to do in the first place. And for another thing, you have some freaking nerve, essentially stating that "if gay marriage is ok, then anything goes!" You're a real winner. A real prize for any naive, thinks-she's-grown-up-but-can't-even-drink-or-vote-yet little girl. I'm going to stop there before I really lose my temper.

I have dealt with these comments to the best of my ability!

Please point out where I was chastising people. People are calling ME a creep and YOU yourself just insulted me.

Also what makes you think this girl is naive?

Have you met her?

Why don't you get off your high horse and get your lilly whites dirty like the rest of us lady!
  • kimmianne89
    kimmianne89 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    At 17 she isn't even done growing yet - mentally, emotionally or physically. And you are supposed to be almost 30 years old? As a high school teacher, the idea of a full-grown adult dating a teenager really grosses me out. There's such an uneven balance of experience and power in this kind of relationship. Most people haven't really found themselves until their mid-twenties anyway. She is far from a woman. Have you had problems developing relationships with people closer to your own age?

(12 years may not be a big deal when you're older, because you both share equal status as adults. For example, 30 and 42, not a big deal. 12 and 24, pervy as hell. 17 and 29, highly questionable.)

agree agree agree agree agree

Definitely agree with this
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I'm a teachers aid at a high school.

My kids have asked me out numerous times and I've never ever thought, oh yeah, I'll take you up on this.

My first though is Uh hell no. Not only would I lose my job, but that is also considered sexual harassment of staff and the kids could get in major trouble.

Bottom line is, do what you want but frankly, I'd be repulsed instead of attracted.
  • twelfty
    twelfty Posts: 576 Member
    Options

Well, my people aren't ignorant enough to place each other in "classes". But thanks for bringing up that I'm a low class.

going by your pics you're from india? i think given the current movement for fairer treatment of women in your country after a woman had her insides removed with a scaffold pole after being raped by 6 men, you might want to have a look at what values you're holding to lol...
  • Lieann22
    Lieann22 Posts: 67 Member
    Options

Now look!

For one thing, you are absolutely NOT trying to do "the right thing". You have ignored or chastised everyone who has voiced any concern or objection to this, despite having asked for people's opinions, and have only accepted those who support what you want to do in the first place. And for another thing, you have some freaking nerve, essentially stating that "if gay marriage is ok, then anything goes!" You're a real winner. A real prize for any naive, thinks-she's-grown-up-but-can't-even-drink-or-vote-yet little girl. I'm going to stop there before I really lose my temper.

I have dealt with these comments to the best of my ability!

Please point out where I was chastising people. People are calling ME a creep and YOU yourself just insulted me.

Also what makes you think this girl is naive?

Have you met her?

Why don't you get off your high horse and get your lilly whites dirty like the rest of us lady!

not bashing just saying.....She's 17, not a lot of life experience, therefore naive.

I know at 17 I certainly thought I knew it all, by 22 I knew a lot more and now I am 33 I realise I am still learning
  • Cr01502
    Options
    If you're asking then you're already going to have age issues.

Funny.

I think it's society with the age issues.
  • glovepuppet
    Options
    Despite my wanting to bite my tongue and kick myself in the head and most likely be branded as a creeper - why then do human beings sexually mature at a young age ??? Do we blame nature or God for the rotten situation !!!!
    part of it is modern diet. in the past, the average age of puberty was much higher.
    http://chnm.gmu.edu/cyh/case-studies/207
    a hundred and fifty years ago, periods started closer to 16.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options

Now look!

Why can't she drink? last I checked 16 & 17 can have a drink just fine with their meals.
  • twelfty
    Options

Funny.

mate... seriously it sounds like youve made your mind up... do you have anything to prove to an internet community? if you're gonna do it then do it!?
  • Cr01502
    Options

Funny.

mate... seriously it sounds like youve made your mind up... do you have anything to prove to an internet community? if you're gonna do it then do it!?

Because I feel discriminated against!!
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    I'm from Asia. We have a strict policy of old enough to bleed, old enough to breed

That is seriously disgusting and I am reporting it for obvious reasons.
    Creep.

I'm sorry but do you live here? Are you aware of our culture? In many religions here, after the first period a girl is considered of age to be married.

Just because you don't know the old cultures or don't agree with them doesn't make them disgusting. Your ignorance makes me disgusted. Feel free to reply with where you come from and I can point out what I find disgusting about the culture YOU have

PS. Reporting YOUR post for attacking an entire culture, religion and me. Also because you're too ignorant to be on a decent support forum.

Peace

The person who replied to your comment was disgusted by how you worded it. It's nothing about difference in culture.

I worded it because this is pretty much the translation of how its said here. Like I said, after the first period, a girl is considered an adult and can get married. And here marriage is pretty much another word for breeding.

I don't think she's offended with my wording. If she is, well then I was in the wrong. However, its still ignorant of her part to assume things without knowing other cultures
    i know a girl who started her periods at 9y/o.

in countries where childbirth in underdeveloped girls is common, so is death in childbirth and fistula. just because something is common to a culture, doesn't make it moral and decent. it is not ignorant to want girls to be allowed to develop fully before they are forced to live as adults. it is not ignorant to want to prevent the deaths of both mothers and infants. it IS ignorant to ignore medical science, the welfare of women and morality in favour of ''culture''.

Couldn't have worded it better myself.

And Taunto, before you say it, I DO know about your culture, and I am entitled to an opinion just as much as you are.

I have noticed you posting controversial posts in an attempt to get a rise out of people many times on here, and now that you have, you don't seem to like it. In all honesty, what did you expect people's reactions to be to your post? You have to understand our way of living just as much as you expect us to understand yours.
  • twelfty
    Options

Funny.

Because I feel discriminated against!!

that's probably because you are lol
  • glovepuppet
    Options
    going by your pics you're from india? i think given the current movement for fairer treatment of women in your country after a woman had her insides removed with a scaffold pole after being raped by 6 men, you might want to have a look at what values you're holding to lol...
    sometimes cultures need to change.