How young is too young?

Options

Replies

• futureshopaholic
    futureshopaholic Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    And you don't seem like a decent guy. I read your profile picture to get an idea of who you are and I saw " (Add me if) 3) You find me attractive and could possibly see yourself sleeping with me."

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaah....Don't be a creeper. Find a girl around your own age.
  • melbournemummy79
    Options
    I was with a guy 10 years my senior since I was about that age (17). Great guy :) I was with him for several years.
    Everyone is different. Some girls are ready for that kind of relationship and some are not.
    As long as you not some weirdo pervert who is just seeking out teenage girls for sex then go for it. If you find most of your partners are bordering on jail bait I might start with a bit of soul searching.
    No judgement intended so please don't take it that way.
  • wildaaron
    wildaaron Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    When ever anyone needs to ask "how young is too young" ... they're too young
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Americans won't support this they have an obsession with the number 18.

Obsession? I'm pretty sure a couple people on here from the UK commented on how they didn't approve of the age gap either.

Well, in America this is one way such a thing is dealt with:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/01/james-hooker-california-h_n_1313538.html

He was her teacher as in an authority figure, so that is messed up on different levels.

What I'm saying in the US people magically become super responsible between 17 years 364 days and 18 years.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Go for it if you want, it's not too young as far as the law goes :)

Just be aware that you may not want to same things out of it. She's very young and may be immature in many way. You're nearly 30, have a lot more life experience and may want different things out of a relationship.

That said, you've not even gone out together yet! Go out, have fun and enjoy each others company, just don't put too much into this. It's quite an age gap, especially for a 17 year old.
  • vtmoon
    Options
    And you don't seem like a decent guy. I read your profile picture to get an idea of who you are and I saw " (Add me if) 3) You find me attractive and could possibly see yourself sleeping with me."

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaah....Don't be a creeper. Find a girl around your own age.

They are past their prime at his age.
  • melbournemummy79
    Options
    I'm from Asia. We have a strict policy of old enough to bleed, old enough to breed

That is seriously disgusting and I am reporting it for obvious reasons.
    Creep.
  • usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    This made me think of Jersey Shore

If she sings Disney sing alongs she’s too young for you bro!
    If her idol is Miley Cyrus she’s too young for you bro!
    If the waiter gives her a coloring book and crayons at the restaurant she's too young for you bro!
    If she won’t make you a sandwich she’s too young for you bro!
    If she still writes notes she’s too young for you bro!
    If she thinks unicorns are real she’s too young for bro!
    If she still has her mom buying her clothes she’s too young for you bro!
    If she orders a Shirley temple at the bar she’s too young for you bro!
    If the waiter gives her a coloring book and crayons at the restaurant she’s too young for you bro!
    If she invites you to her birthday party, and there’s a bouncy house she’s too young for you bro!
  • AmazingTech
    Options
    urgh no creepy,
    Im 22 and I wouldn't go out with anyone who is 29,
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options

Obsession? I'm pretty sure a couple people on here from the UK commented on how they didn't approve of the age gap either.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/01/james-hooker-california-h_n_1313538.html

He was her teacher as in an authority figure, so that is messed up on different levels.

What I'm saying in the US people magically become super responsible between 17 years 364 days and 18 years.

I would say its more: Very highly inappropriate and badly frowned upon but you can no longer take legal action. And I mean, did you look at his profile? He's lived in the US until 5 years ago. So I'm pretty sure he's well aware of this stigma.

That "magic" number 18 has more problems than you'd think here in the US, whether being of age, or under.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    " (Add me if) 3) You find me attractive and could possibly see yourself sleeping with me."
    ^^^ Guess that's not working out for you.

Theoretically you're old enough to be the father of a teenager, so you really shouldn't be dating one.
  • twelfty
    twelfty Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    17 is very unlikely to be relationship material, when i was 23 i met a 17 year old and felt a bit uneasy about it, and let it be, i still keep in contact with her but the funny thing is she's with someone about 30, i think if a girl of 17 wants an older man she's going to go for one, i wouldn't go thinking too far ahead though, the difference between you both is at 29 you're thinking "hmm well when she's 27 and i'm 39 it wont be that weird" and reality is she's just making up for whatever father issues she has and as soon as you get fed up with her expecting you to play a role you probably wont want to get used to and she's out getting smashed through most of her 20's every weekend while you're thinking about settling down and children etc things will go bad.

so you leave yourself in a situation, likelihood is you think WOW she's great! she'd be a great girlfriend, she'll be putting on all sorts of fronts to look more grown up and show you how she's not like any other 17 year old, but trust me... she will be

the end of the day this will be about sexual attraction, go for it or don't but i wouldn't expect anyone to be a fan of it, but it goes on in england all the time, and most young girls want an older man these days.

her dad's a copper too lol so.... yeah i'd be hoping he's a good one
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    89f.gif
  • vtmoon
    Options

I would say its more: Very highly inappropriate and badly frowned upon but you can no longer take legal action. And I mean, did you look at his profile? He's lived in the US until 5 years ago. So I'm pretty sure he's well aware of this stigma.

That "magic" number 18 has more problems than you'd think here in the US, whether being of age, or under.

Looked at his profile didn't say anything about him living in the US until 5 years ago.
  • twelfty
    Options
    also.. personally i go for older women, young ones are rubbish in bed lol
  • RhineDHP
    Options
    Looked at his profile didn't say anything about him living in the US until 5 years ago.

It says "I'm originally from San Diego California but have been living in England for the past five years now."

So one can assume he's lived in the US until 5 years ago.
  • RhineDHP
    Options

What was that famous quote? Ah yes, "Women, like a fine wine only get better with age."
    Of course, I'm not really sure what you call the man in a younger man-older woman (cougar) relationship.
  • twiggypal
    twiggypal Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I'm from Asia. We have a strict policy of old enough to bleed, old enough to breed

#taunto

Offensive
  • twelfty
    Options

What was that famous quote? Ah yes, "Women, like a fine wine only get better with age."
    Of course, I'm not really sure what you call the man in a younger man-older woman (cougar) relationship.

lol who said anything about a relationship?
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

That is seriously disgusting and I am reporting it for obvious reasons.
    Creep.

I'm sorry but do you live here? Are you aware of our culture? In many religions here, after the first period a girl is considered of age to be married.

Just because you don't know the old cultures or don't agree with them doesn't make them disgusting. Your ignorance makes me disgusted. Feel free to reply with where you come from and I can point out what I find disgusting about the culture YOU have

PS. Reporting YOUR post for attacking an entire culture, religion and me. Also because you're too ignorant to be on a decent support forum.

Peace