Health eating when i dont like Veg!

Options
12346»

Replies

• KathrynKennewell108
    KathrynKennewell108 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    There's no magic answer, which i'm sure is what you'd like. Saying you don't like vegetables is a lot like saying "you don't like food". There's such a huge, vast, infinite array of vegetables and methods to prepare them that I find it hard to believe that you don't like any vegetables, unless it's a psychological aversion, in which case seek help and / or re-evaluate your aversion to healthy foods.

Agreed. They are a human staple. We are designed to hunt and forage the ground, and most of what we should find in nature is veg, and the occasional fruit.
  • KatjaO
    KatjaO Posts: 71
    Options
    I do not want to get to an argument what is a fruit, vegetable, or a grain technically speaking. Rather trying to help open the idea that some veggies are actually good tasting (tomato sauce, corn, guacamole, etc) for most people. So to start eating more veggies does not have to be impossible. First increase your intake of what you already like ( salsa with scrabled eggs? Tomato based pasta sauces instead of cream based sauces) , and later explore adding something to those ( add zucchini to the pasta sauce?) or taking incredients from what already like and eat in different form. Slowly but surely one can exand the number of veggies one likes.

I also second the PP on soups. Easy way to eat veggies. Similarly roasting makes everything taste way better!

And another thing to help adjust mentally might be to change' I do not like veggies' to more specific like ' I do not like the asparagus my mom used to make me eat,' ' I do not like that diet cabbage soup, '' I do not like the rubbery limb carrots we had at school, ' etc.
  • holothuroidea
    holothuroidea Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I agree with whoever said not liking vegetables is like not liking food. People who say they don't like vegetables don't know anything about vegetables.

Selecting, storing and preparing veggies are skills. You just have to practice and learn until you figure out what veggies and preparations work for you.
  • peopletalk
    peopletalk Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Can ANYONE help me!! Im trying to lose weight, doing the 5;2 diet where for two days i have 500 calories, im also swimming 2-3 times a week (gym has stopped due to injury for the moment). However im trying to eat good but theres a massive problem, i dont like veg or much salad! Ive been like it all my life and trust me ive tried everything to help me eat well!!

Advice anyone?

p.s motivation is 0 at the moment after weighing today and no loss!
    i hate a lot of veggies too but it found a few that work for me: avocado, asparagus, broccoli, spinach and brussel sprouts. add things to it, or add it to your meals.