Replies

• matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Yeah she puts me to shame
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

Yeah, I'm 33, 6'3" and 212lbs and she can bench about 25% more than I can. That is insanely strong for any female.

To be fair, if she was benching normal form, or you were benching PL form, you'd probably have the same numbers.

.........not sure if that helps
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options

Yeah, I'm 33, 6'3" and 212lbs and she can bench about 25% more than I can. That is insanely strong for any female.

To be fair, if she was benching normal form, or you were benching PL form, you'd probably have the same numbers.

.........not sure if that helps

So you're saying there's a chance I could possibly bench as much as a 13 year old girl?

REDEMPTION!
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    she's still pretty strong even though her form was bad. There is always time for that later. At least she proved herself and can bench more than I can!
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I could do that if I wanted to, but I don't wanna get bulky.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    she's still pretty strong even though her form was bad. There is always time for that later. At least she proved herself and can bench more than I can!

oh now her form is just straight up bad.

hopefully she'll find this thread so the experts her can advise her on how to improve. :noway:
  • Stogie40
    Stogie40 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Very cool.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    OMG - it's a PL comp. Arching your back is actually good form for PL goals.

I am just going to leave this here

300lb @ 132lb female world record holder.. Not as pronounced and a bad photography angle...but notice the arch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpwnUA5qMe0
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    That's how Mehdi the Stronglifts guy shows form... *shrug* looks right to me.

And Rip and Tate.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Someone please explain to me why this form would be appropriate. Seems to me like a blow out waiting to happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBNeeeTId1M
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Someone please explain to me why this form would be appropriate. Seems to me like a blow out waiting to happen.

Who's that fat guy with the Texas accent? Is he supposed to know something about barbell training?
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options

Who's that fat guy with the Texas accent? Is he supposed to know something about barbell training?

I have no idea. I think I'd trust a random person on MFP before I trust this guy. He doesn't even look buff.
  • denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    So anyone who knows anything about powerlifting agrees this is amazing, and people who are clueless think she has bad form.

So pretty much amazing!
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I see a young girl rocking at something she worked hard for and enjoying every minute. Isn't that what we should all want for our children?
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I saw this a few days ago on DLB's youtube channel. Love it! Amazing how strong she is :D

For those asking about the arch, that's how it is in powerlifting, when you compete or try to set a PR. It's to lesson the range of motion. I'm going to assume she doesn't have an arch that crazy in her normal training, although there will still be somewhat of an arch.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    That's how Mehdi the Stronglifts guy shows form... *shrug* looks right to me.

And Rip and Tate.

I was gonna say that Mehdi shows arch. I'm pretty sure that Mehdi and all the competing folks know more than me. And even if her form was "bad", to be honest that just makes me look like an even bigger wuss since I start crying at 40 KG's (88 lbs).

One day, I wanna lift like a little girl! Thats the dream!
  • taunto
    Options

I have no idea. I think I'd trust a random person on MFP before I trust this guy. He doesn't even look buff.

The guy does NOT look like a bro. I don't trust non-bros
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Yeah she puts me to shame

Arch your back :laugh:
  • georgina1970
    georgina1970 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Yes, amazing!
    My concern was why is a 13yr old lifting that heavy. At this age most teenagers haven't completed puberty and heavy lifting can damage the growth of their bones.
    Take care if you're going to encourage your teen to lift heavy.
  • taunto
    Options
    Yes, amazing!
    My concern was why is a 13yr old lifting that heavy. At this age most teenagers haven't completed puberty and heavy lifting can damage the growth of their bones.
    Take care if you're going to encourage your teen to lift heavy.

I am curious, can you please link to research that says that?