Replies

• MiamiKid305
    MiamiKid305 Posts: 357
    Options
    does she even........ act like a girl?
  • Django1977
    Options
    Hey folks,

anyone maybee thinking that this is a fake????

How much will she weight 100 lbs? And she lifts 240 lbs? Maybee on anabol steroids????

Sorry. I don´t think so
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I adore her

ETA:
    so cute when her coach (dad maybe) is fixing her hair
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTPgQeDwqMo
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    She's AWESOME! :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Having an arch in your back puts your shoulder in a better position to prevent injury. It is also among things done to shorten the ROM. Dana Lyn Bailey or whatnot was there...so it's tots for reals yo.

I know you two (Taso and Taunto) are being facetious but...just in case someone doesn't know.
    tumblr_mctyeemrdD1r0vw66o1_1280.jpg
  • BonaFideUK
    BonaFideUK Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    touching your chest with the bar then moving it back up is a rep. Arching your back reduces the distance the bar has to travel to meet your chest. Its kinda cheating IMO but its accepted. Most people do it, obviously not as insanely as this girl though.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options

Yeah, I'm 33, 6'3" and 212lbs and she can bench about 25% more than I can. That is insanely strong for any female.

To be fair, if she was benching normal form, or you were benching PL form, you'd probably have the same numbers.

.........not sure if that helps

So you're saying there's a chance I could possibly bench as much as a 13 year old girl?

REDEMPTION!

Haha, that was my thought exactly.

And to people pointing out form, that is as good as it gets for powerlifting when you doing a max.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    touching your chest with the bar then moving it back up is a rep. Arching your back reduces the distance the bar has to travel to meet your chest. Its kinda cheating IMO but its accepted. Most people do it, obviously not as insanely as this girl though.

Cheating what? like what or who is she cheating? she lowered the weight and pushed it back up...
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    The arch is normal. It's how I was trained to lift during comp when I was a kid, but we didn't lift like that on a daily basis.

ETA: :heart: :heart: :heart: What a bad@ss little girl.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    does she even........ act like a girl?

What is that supposed to mean? You jelly?
  • PetulantOne
    Options
    Yes, amazing!
    My concern was why is a 13yr old lifting that heavy. At this age most teenagers haven't completed puberty and heavy lifting can damage the growth of their bones.
    Take care if you're going to encourage your teen to lift heavy.

I am curious, can you please link to research that says that?

I'd like to see that too. I competed as a teenager, and the only thing it did was make me stronger and more confident.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Her form is *kitten* and her ROM is like 4"
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    lol at the people who are *****ing about her 'cheating' and her ROM - lets just tell her to change her form, have a greater distance to press the bar and therefore drop her PRs just to placate them. Even though her current form is perfectly fine for PL meets, which, you know, she is actually at and getting green lights for.
  • casi_ann
    casi_ann Posts: 423 Member
    Options

very good explanation of why they arch their backs in the competition. Thanks :)
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    lol at the people who are *****ing about her 'cheating' and her ROM - lets just tell her to change her form, have a greater distance to press the bar and therefore drop her PRs just to placate them. Even though her current form is perfectly fine for PL meets, which, you know, she is actually at and getting green lights for.

Yeah but how does that help MY masculinity that a 13 years old girl can out lift me. Get your priorities right Sara...
  • PetulantOne
    Options
    So anyone who knows anything about powerlifting agrees this is amazing, and people who are clueless think she has bad form.

So pretty much amazing!

Clapping.gif
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Wait, she's not bulky?!?!?!

And I find it interesting that her spotter mostly was just there to hold her hair while she was setting up...
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

very good explanation of why they arch their backs in the competition. Thanks :)

It is not only for comps for ROM. You get a better leverage when you arch your back as you change the angle from where you are pressing. You cannot get as much power behind a press when you have a flat back.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    These young gals lifting heavy are what inspired me to do so...her form is perfect.
  • danimalkeys
    danimalkeys Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    The rules are- feet have to be on the floor and can't move. Butt has to stay in contact with the bench. Shoulders have to stay in contact with the bench. Some lifting federations also require your head to be on the bench, others allow you to lift your head. Then you start the lift and bring the bar down in control. Some feds will give you and audible "press" signal, others just require a visible pause at the chest (no bouncing the bar off your chest like you see in the gym). You press the bar up and wait for the "rack" command, and then you can put the bar back in the uprights, assisted by the spotters. (I am a certified judge for 2 powerlifting federations, this is now I know this stuff)

For those who think this is bad form, you don't understand the concept behind it. Yes it's to shorten the ROM, but it's also to allow yourself a firm base with your feet underneath you more- this lets you get leg drive into the lift and keep your butt on the bench. Mostly you see this kind of extreme arch with the smaller lifters, not just women, but the lightweight mens classes have benchers who can do this. These lifters are usually at a more elite level than the rest of us.

As far as the bones thing goes- that's a fallacy. Young kids can lift, and lift heavy, as long as they are using good form. Lifting actually helps your bones become more dense and stronger. The bone thing is only a concern if young people are doing anabolic steroids- it can cause the bone ends to stop growing prematurely. My son started lifting at around 12 years old. By 19 he was deadlifting over 600lbs and benching 385 at 220lbs bodyweight. He's 6'2 and 270lbs of muscle at age 26. There was no problems with his bones growing, believe me, the man is a monster.