WOMEN WHO POWER LIFT!!

124»

Replies

• Lynxie83
    Lynxie83 Posts: 246
    Awesome numbers here ladies! Keep on lifting and lifting heavy!

Current stats:
    5'7"
    107.7kg (237lb)
    29yrs

I do boxing and kickboxing 4 days a week, and one PT session a week that involves variying types of strength work and lifting. I've flipped tractor tyres, pulled weighted car tyres, swung sledge hammers and more. I lift sporadically too, current PBs are:

Bench: 60kg (132lb)
    Squat: 30kg (66lb) - just starting out after knee problems (8 weeks ago I wasn't even doing full range body weight squats or doing lunges)
    DL: 50kg (110lb) - again just starting out

My favourite and all time best strength 1RM was on the incline leg press: 318kg (701lb) that weight includes the 53kg sled.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    I lift a little. Not just power, Olympic too.

5' tall 113#
    Back Squat: 190#
    Front squat 145#
    Deadlift 205#
    Strict Press 85#
    Clean 125#
    Power Clean 115#
    Bench 115#
    Snatch 75#
    OHS 100#
  • kerri007
    kerri007 Posts: 123
    How many women power lift? flip tractor tires? Kick box? Anyone?
    I am 5'4" 177 lbs. I still have weight to go!!! But so far this is what I can do at MAX! I am still working at going heavier. How heavy do you lift?
    Dead lift-200 lbs
    Bench press- 95 lbs
    Squat- 250 lbs
    Leg press- 350 lbs.
    i love powerlifting!!!
    im 5 ft-116lbs
    dead 240
    bench 130
    walkout squat 165
    keep up the good wrk
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    I flipped a tire once when I got a flat and was in a dead cell zone. Had to change that thing by myself, in a skirt. At least 5 people drove by and no one offered to help. Jerks. After I had the full size spare on, a guy finally stopped and asked if he could help. I was like, "I am basically done, but you can put the tire and horribly maimed rim in the trunk." That was a ducky way to spend $600.

Anyhow, can't wait to get back to lifting. Have to start slow, I am 5 weeks post major surgery.
  • GoneStrong
    GoneStrong Posts: 1 Member
    Nice to see other powerlifting ladies out there. I fell in love with powerlifting a year ago, and have lifted since with four months off last summer due to injury, but I love it.

I'm 5'9" - 168 lbs and my current 1RMs are:

Back Squat: 225 lbs
    Front Squat: 176 lbs
    Deadlift: 308 lbs
    Overhead Press: 99 lbs
    Bench Press:149 lbs

I lift 3 times per week - sometimes four. I still feel progression and am currently doing an eight week strength building program.
  • pogiest
    pogiest Posts: 8
    "Impressive... Most impressive..." - Darth Vader

Way to work it out, ladies!!!!

"We don't use machines; we build em!" - My friend's crossfit instructor
  • hfester
    hfester Posts: 114 Member
    Bump for future reference :)
  • theberard
    theberard Posts: 25 Member
    Bump!
    Is anyone using Kim Wendler's methods?

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/how_to_build_pure_strength

I have not started yet, but I have a friend who follows these methods and has gotten great results!
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    *Jim* Wendler's 5/3/1 is one of the more well-recognized intermediate programs out there and excellent for slow, steady gains for someone who has pushed past newbie strength increases. Personally, I don't like limiting all my big lifts to once/week, but I also think I'm far from reaching a point where my lifts are strong enough to need to be quite that patient ;)