what does your breakfast in the mornings?

Options

Replies

• CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Eggs, wheat toast, cottage cheese, bacon, chicken, sausage, whatever is available really. I've been known to hack chunks of frozen bacon into a frying pan and thaw it that way when I have a craving. :wink:
  • LittleMissChops
    Options
    I always have a smoothie - blueberries, banana, whey powder, chia seeds, psyllium husk, oatbran, LSA (linseed, sunflower, almond meal) and almond milk. Yum!
  • jjscholar
    jjscholar Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I depends on what I want to have breakfast... Some days I will have 4 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, or 4 almond butter sandwiches, or Cheereos with fresh blueberries... There are even occasions that I will have egg beaters with tofurky...
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    If I don't have leftovers from dinner then it's usually 2 eggs fried in butter with SOMETHING... this morning it was asparagus and warm goat cheese. Sometimes its bacon and strawberries. It's usually always 2 eggs. My MIL keeps 8 chickens so she supplies us with fresh organic eggs as fresh as can be!
  • migueltavares
    Options
    Light Chocolate Milk and a Banana.
  • LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Usually it's some type of eggs (soft/hard boiled, scrambled, fried, etc.) with an assortment of mixins (cheese, veggies, etc.) and maybe some sausage, bacon, fruit, nuts, or seeds on the side. Either that or I mix up a fruit/veggie smoothie.
  • lucypeaks
    lucypeaks Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    on a work day it's a mug of tea and a piece of fruit-cannot stomach much first thing in the morning. on the weekend it will either be wholewheat toast and marmite or cereal (or possibly an egg)
  • katerinajulia
    katerinajulia Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    don't skip it, that's the worst thing you can do to set yourself up for failure. Getting out of control and eating everything in sight

I respectfully disagree with this statement. Eating breakfast or not eating breakfast is actually a personal preference. I rarely eat before 10am, and I like to save my calories for the evening. There are plenty of people who like to eat their calories early in the day and that is fine too. I think that the best idea is eating when you feel most comfortable. I know for a fact that if I eat a large breakfast I am more likely to go over my calories for the day and start eating out of control earlier in the day AND feel constricted in the evening - even if I do have enough calories to eat.
    That being said, everyone is different. For some people, it is a lot more beneficial to start eating later in the day than for others, so skipping breakfast is definitely not something that will set you up for failure.
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Today was a couple scrambled eggs, fresh pineapple and grapes. Usually it's toast, cereal or oatmeal, but I'm trying to get more protein.

My absolute favourite is any kind of cold pizza with the cheezy cheddar dip from Panago.

I used to love cold pizza! but i cant have that anymore:cry::sad:

When we have pizza, I'm more excited about having it cold the next day. Lol why can't you have it anymore? Pizza allergy? Sad panda is sad.
  • stitchtastic
    Options
    Usually have 2 slices of wholemeal toast,or Kellogs all bran with fruit and semi skimmed milk.Blueberries and raspberries are gorgeous in All bran :love:
  • sPaRkLiNgLYFE
    Options
    low cal french toast,turkey bacon is my favorite
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    lots of yummy breakfast ideas!!

mine is typically a toasted english muffin with a couple servings of creamy PB (so 4 TBSP PB total)

or, a healthy serving of oatmeal, sometimes on it's own (i get the individually pre-packaged flavored kind - usually use 2-4 packets per meal when i eat oatmeal), sometimes with sliced up fruit tossed in.

ETA: and COFFEE!! always lots of coffee. it is mandatory.
  • fitnessmare
    fitnessmare Posts: 117
    Options
    I have one egg, two egg whites, omelet style (sometimes I add 1/4 cup of mozz. cheese or a thin slice of ham, chopped), a piece of 12-grain toast with one Tablespoon of peanut butter on it, one piece of fruit (usually banana or orange), and my 'treat' of the day.. a double mocha cappuccino. I know, I'm bad. In about 2 hours after that I'm eating a protein bar and another piece of fruit. It keeps me going all morning.

haha that sounds like a good way to start the day!

It is a great way to start the day! I love my breakfast! It used to be waffles or French toast. Not anymore! :wink:
  • saltedcaramel86
    saltedcaramel86 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Almost always porridge with almond milk + chopped banana, plus a boiled egg and loads of tea. Occasionally its a bowl of cheerios or poached eggs or veggie omelette.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    don't skip it, that's the worst thing you can do to set yourself up for failure. Getting out of control and eating everything in sight

What nonsense.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    If by breakfast you mean the first meal of the day (since I don't always eat right when I wake up), then I tend to have omelets or oatmeal. My omelets have 1 whole egg and 4 egg whites as a base (because I want more protein without lots of calories, no other reason) and I add various veggies, cheeses, etc. to them. I have lots of oatmeal recipes, but they are all sweetened with protein powder. I like ON Gold Standard Vanilla Ice Cream, and then you can flavor it with different berries or pumpkin puree.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Holy balls you eat a lot!

lol at holy balls....are those direct from the man upstairs?
  • cordianet
    cordianet Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Lots of things, but you can't beat a breakfast burrito for a quick, nutritious meal.
  • ndj1979
    Options

What nonsense.

Malarkey! I skip breakfast every day and have no problem staying within my calorie/macro goals....
  • ndj1979
    Options
    oh and my breakfast usually looks like nothing...