Annoyed and disappointed

Options
:ohwell: I have been busting my butt doing insanity for 6 days straight I restricted my calories to 1000 I've been eating a clean diet and have only lost 1 measly lb!!!!!!!!!! WTH!!?? I feel and ppl tell me I look like I have lost weight because u can tell in my face and overall body so I'm positive I've lost inches for sure. But how can u lose inches and not lbs?? I don't get it? :ohwell:

Replies

• leahartmann
    leahartmann Posts: 415
    Options
    What I wrote was wrong, so I´ll take it back. Sorry.
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    ehrm....1 pound in 6 days? Many around here (including this guy) would consider that a success.
  • april_mesk
    april_mesk Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    1000 calories? How do you live on that? That is dangerously low.
  • leahartmann
    Options
    ehrm....1 pound in 6 days? Many around here (including this guy) would consider that a success.
    ^^ THIS! Patience girl.
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    1000 calories while doing an extreme work out like Insanity is seriously asking for trouble. How do you expect your body to do well when you are putting so little in? You need to NET a minimum of 1200 but really 1200 is low for a lot of women.

Eat some more food, it will give you the fuel you need for insanity workout x
  • kristilynne84
    Options
    Clean diet and exercise is great...but your problem may lie in only eating 1000 calories. It is very unsafe to eat that few during the day, kicks your body in to starvation mode where your body feels like it needs to hang on to every calorie because it doesn't know when it's going to get more. I would recommend at LEAST 1200/day, more like 1300-1600. You will likely have the best success if you can distribute your calorie intake to 30% protein, 30% fat, and 40% carbs and make sure you are getting enough calories in the day! Hope that helps!!!
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    If you work out more than you did before, you gaine muscles. The muscle mass is heavier than fat mass. So, while you might have lost a lot of fat, you might have gained muscles and weigh the same. You have still lost a lot! Always measure, you can not always trust the scale.

Another thing: Eat your calories!! Don´t "stop" eating because you want to weigh less. It might take a little more time but it is WAY healthier.

She didn't gain muscle. Research, learn to bust the myth. Don't believe something just because you read it years ago. You do not create new muscle whilst eating 1000 calories a day, doing cardio and no strength training. It requires a heavy protein based diet, a surplus of calories and a good regular heavy lifting programme to add muscle weight. Then as a woman you will be lucky to add about 0.5 lb a month. If you post on the boards, post correct info for the OP.

OP, You most probably aren't eating nearly enough. A bare minimum should be your BMR. If you are eating 1000 a day then exercising lets say 500 cals off, you are trying to fuel your body on 500 calories a day. Does that sound like enough to feed a healthy active young female? Nope. Your body will not be inclined to lose fat deposits whilst it's being starved. It's funny like that. In times of famine it likes to keep what stores it has. Theres thousands of threads on here about not eating enough. Why not do a search and read up.
  • kristilynne84
    Options
    Good for you, though,by the way--you are WAY more motivated with exercise than I am!!! that's great! :)
  • Foxxy18
    Foxxy18 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    1000 calories while doing an extreme work out like Insanity is seriously asking for trouble. How do you expect your body to do well when you are putting so little in? You need to NET a minimum of 1200 but really 1200 is low for a lot of women.

Eat some more food, it will give you the fuel you need for insanity workout x

^^What she said
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    1000 is a ridiculously low number when doing insanity.... Why would you starve yourself like that? your poor body!

And just for comparison I have put on 5lbs while doing Insanity! But I have lost inches so who cares what the scales say!
  • LokiOfAsgard
    LokiOfAsgard Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    One lbs in less than a week is fantastic!
    You can lose inches, but not pounds because lbs isn't just fat, it's also water weight, the clothes you wear, if you've eaten. So don't always go by the scale :)

And 1,000, especially if you're not eating back your exercise calories (I didn't look to check), is probably too low. You should check out how much you need for your height and weight, othewise, you'll end up stalling out soon.
  • baja572
    baja572 Posts: 94
    Options
    1000 cal are you 4 foot something?
  • Woomytron
    Woomytron Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    First of all don't look at your scale while doing Insanity, it will drive you nuts. PLUS be thankful it moved at all I'm on week 2 and its not moving much. But I look and feel different so who cares what the scale says. Keep pushing threw, I hear the second month is when the fat just comes off anyways. :flowerforyou:

edit: Also you need more calories. I'm eating 1843.
  • leahartmann
    Options
    If you work out more than you did before, you gaine muscles. The muscle mass is heavier than fat mass. So, while you might have lost a lot of fat, you might have gained muscles and weigh the same. You have still lost a lot! Always measure, you can not always trust the scale.

Another thing: Eat your calories!! Don´t "stop" eating because you want to weigh less. It might take a little more time but it is WAY healthier.

She didn't gain muscle. Research, learn to bust the myth. Don't believe something just because you read it years ago. You do not create new muscle whilst eating 1000 calories a day, doing cardio and no strength training. It requires a heavy protein based diet, a surplus of calories and a good regular heavy lifting programme to add muscle weight. Then as a woman you will be lucky to add about 0.5 lb a month. If you post on the boards, post correct info for the OP.

OP, You most probably aren't eating nearly enough. A bare minimum should be your BMR. If you are eating 1000 a day then exercising lets say 500 cals off, you are trying to fuel your body on 500 calories a day. Does that sound like enough to feed a healthy active young female? Nope. Your body will not be inclined to lose fat deposits whilst it's being starved. It's funny like that. In times of famine it likes to keep what stores it has. Theres thousands of threads on here about not eating enough. Why not do a search and read up.
    I stand corrected.
  • mona_patty
    mona_patty Posts: 170
    Options
    You are doing great! Don't be disappointed, I haven't lost weight in a month. The positive side is I am not gaining and I still feel healthy. Just keep doing the workouts and eat most of your calories back.
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options

^^^^^^
    :laugh: :noway: :noway: <<<<<
    that's a NO WAY

OP - can I leave you with this link which may help you:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/919346-still-think-your-1200-or-less-diet-is-a-good-idea?page=1#posts-13949561
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Why in the world are you eating only 1000 calories? The insanity program has all the tools you will need to figure out the proper intake when doing such an intense program.
  • Django1977
    Options
    Hey there,

just read this article. I know much of you hate the word "STARVATION" but you starve the **** out of you. Your body is like the same body 10.000 years ago. Its human!! It keeps you alive. It stores all the energy in fat store because your body is STARVING. You will not burn anything. Everything you eat will go in your fatstore minus that what is needed to keep you ALIVE.

Please read that article. The man behind is a GOD in fitness -> http://www.burnthefatblog.com/archives/2012/12/starvation-mode-revisited.php

Please please don´t STARVE yourself. It isn´t healthy... If someone would tell you that if you will do 20 x flogging every day to come nearer Gosh... would you do that???

Cheers.

Don´t be offended. But these whole starvation thing on mfp makes me a bit sick 8-)
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options

I stand corrected.

sorry, wasn't being ****ty with you, it just frustrates me that so many people believe old myths and then repeat the, It's not your fault.....loads of people believe things that have been debunked. Sorry if I came across a snotty cow lol. Wasn't intended :flowerforyou:
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    It's insanity to eat only a thousand calories while doing INSANITY.