Annoyed and disappointed

Options

Replies

• suzeexoxo
    suzeexoxo Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Thank you all soo soo much! All valuable information and eye opening. I'm so glad I joined MFP. Please all of you add me as a friend I need the support and that way you all can call me out on anything I do that will sabotage my weight loss. You are ALL Awesome!:flowerforyou:
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Thank you all soo soo much! All valuable information and eye opening. I'm so glad I joined MFP. Please all of you add me as a friend I need the support and that way you all can call me out on anything I do that will sabotage my weight loss. You are ALL Awesome!:flowerforyou:

someone that listens, how refreshing :) good luck!
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Wow I saw it....... Thank u I just got my 2nd shot of hcg and will be my last. After this week I will up my calories accordingly! Thank you!!!!
    yayayayay!! *high fives everyone who suggested doing things the healthy way*

And I second what crankstr suggests. Lifting and stuff. *flex*

Yaaaayyyyy is right! :flowerforyou:
  • peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    It's insanity to eat only a thousand calories while doing INSANITY.

Right! ^^
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for responding great advice! Do u all think I should up my calories to 1200?

Up to 1700
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options

It's not even April 1st... Is this even MFP anymore? What is going on?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    You should not even be taking HCG with only 40 lbs to lose. You need to avoid this doctor, period.

This, all day, every day!
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    ehrm....1 pound in 6 days? Many around here (including this guy) would consider that a success.

^yes
  • ABSilva
    ABSilva Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Weight is neither a measure of fitness or health (within reasonable limits). Your caloric intake is too low. Your body will think that you are starving it and strive to maintain balance by storing fat (it wants to live!). Extreme measures aren't going to get you what you want. Programs like Insanity and P90X can be awesome if... IF (big if), you eat properly and enough, you don't push so hard that you hurt yourself (and then can't do a thing for a while), and you understand that they take a major lifestyle change to maintain in the long term.

I don't usually reply to things online or do Facebook or any of the other social media but I just thought that I might spare you the frustration.

Be advised... sometimes in the beginning of a new and rigorous fitness regimen, you will gain weight. Muscle weighs more than fat but is much more attractive.

Don't look for the quick fix. Find a path that you can maintain for the rest of your life and above all, don't get down on yourself. You have to be your best friend and cheerleader!

Good luck!

Paris
  • suzeexoxo
    Options
    Let me tell you a little bit about myself.... If I seek help and advice best Beleive it I'm going to take it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's for my own good and health.... :wink:

It's not even April 1st... Is this even MFP anymore? What is going on?
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I should of mentioned this frm the beginning.... The reason I do 1000 calories is because the Dr I am seeing gave me an hcg injection w vitamin b12 I will be doing this for 6weeks and he told me that along w eating 1000 calories I need to burn 500 of them. Does this make sense?? Or should I still up my calories based on this information. I appologize if I didn't explain this frm the very beginning :ohwell: And I am taking every comment on here in consideration I'm here to learn so I thank each and every one of you :flowerforyou:

Quit taking HCG!!!!
    Not trying to pimp myself out here.. but look at my thread. I talk about my experiences on HCG, low calories and how I now know better. I learned the hard way. My pics will prove to you that scale weight isn't always the best way to judge progress.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/929824-its-been-over-a-year-since-my-hot-affair-began

Great story. Thanks for sharing!!!!!
  • Bennyflippy
    Bennyflippy Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You are only eating 1000 calories a day- that may be the problem--I know it sounds strange but you need fuel your body since you are working out. Since your body thinks it is only going to get 1000 calories it stores the fat you are trying to burn off. I was going 1200 calories a day and working out like a mad mad but I wasn't losing so I bumped it up to 1350 and I have lost 3 pounds. I still work out like a mad man, but I can see the difference. Don't be so hard on yourself you are dong great even with one pound.

:smile:
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Let me tell you a little bit about myself.... If I seek help and advice best Beleive it I'm going to take it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's for my own good and health.... :wink:

This is amazing and f*cking good stuff here..You will do good...
  • CariS001
    CariS001 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for responding great advice! Do u all think I should up my calories to 1200?

YES!!!! Go to the scooby calculator. DO NOT eat less than your BMR. I speak from experience... I did it for far too long and absolutely trashed my metabolism. To the point where if I ate over 200 calories in a meal, I would start packing on weight and struggled to take it off again. I would feel awful. It is not an easy process to reverse metabolic damage. There are better ways to achieve the body you want! Please please consider upping those calories!

There is a fantastic support group here - the eat more to weigh less group. I always thought I could never lose fat if I ate more than 1000 calories. It DOES work! Give it a shot! It's scary, but there is awesome support here!
  • NanaWubbie
    NanaWubbie Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    My body does that....I will go two weeks and not loose 1/10th of a pound, then suddenly loose 3 pounds overnight. I blame on being hormonal. Just keep doing everything right and the weight will come off. I stick to 1200 calories....it is working well for me.
  • suzeexoxo
    Options
    Thanks!

This is amazing and f*cking good stuff here..You will do good...
  • suzeexoxo
    Options

YES!!!! Go to the scooby calculator. DO NOT eat less than your BMR. I speak from experience... I did it for far too long and absolutely trashed my metabolism. To the point where if I ate over 200 calories in a meal, I would start packing on weight and struggled to take it off again. I would feel awful. It is not an easy process to reverse metabolic damage. There are better ways to achieve the body you want! Please please consider upping those calories!

There is a fantastic support group here - the eat more to weigh less group. I always thought I could never lose fat if I ate more than 1000 calories. It DOES work! Give it a shot! It's scary, but there is awesome support here!
  • suzeexoxo
    Options
    I will seek that support group thank you! :flowerforyou:

• suzeexoxo
    Options
    ***UPDATE*** To everyone who advised me to up my calories to lose lbs....well my weigh in today showed a total loss since I upped my calories of 4.4 lbs!!!!!!!!!! Thank you thank you thank you!!!! You are all awesome, great information I have learned :)
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    ***UPDATE*** To everyone who advised me to up my calories to lose lbs....well my weigh in today showed a total loss since I upped my calories of 4.4 lbs!!!!!!!!!! Thank you thank you thank you!!!! You are all awesome, great information I have learned :)

Congratulations for figuring out the right thing to do, and of course for your success! :flowerforyou: