Annoyed and disappointed

Options

Replies

• danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    First, you are not gaining muscle.

Second, you should be going by inches lost, not pounds.

Third, you will not lose weight like you want by eating only 1000 calories per day. Work out your TDEE with an online calculator and subtract 20% for fat loss, then eat back your exercise calories. Insanity is an extremely demanding program. I have done it, and I lost weight on it eating around 1500 cals a day, NET.

Ditto.
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Honestly hunnie, you don't look like you have much to lose. If I was you, I would calculate my TDEE based on the fact that I was doing a vigerous workout every day, and then take 10% off. When you don't have too much to lose you need to eat close to TDEE and let the lbs shift in their own time.

If you eat at TDEE - 10% you will lose weight and have the energy to do your Insanity workout. It might take a little while to lose the weight, but you will look great. And if you are eating that many calories you certainly don't need any HCG shots. Good luck, you can do it! x
  • emmymcq
    emmymcq Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I should of mentioned this frm the beginning.... The reason I do 1000 calories is because the Dr I am seeing gave me an hcg injection w vitamin b12 I will be doing this for 6weeks and he told me that along w eating 1000 calories I need to burn 500 of them. Does this make sense?? Or should I still up my calories based on this information. I appologize if I didn't explain this frm the very beginning :ohwell: And I am taking every comment on here in consideration I'm here to learn so I thank each and every one of you :flowerforyou:

:noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: Eat food. Enjoy life. :flowerforyou:
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    HCG is bull****. You can do this on your own.
  • swagtier
    swagtier Posts: 53
    Options
    I should of mentioned this frm the beginning.... The reason I do 1000 calories is because the Dr I am seeing gave me an hcg injection w vitamin b12 I will be doing this for 6weeks and he told me that along w eating 1000 calories I need to burn 500 of them. Does this make sense?? Or should I still up my calories based on this information. I appologize if I didn't explain this frm the very beginning :ohwell: And I am taking every comment on here in consideration I'm here to learn so I thank each and every one of you :flowerforyou:

Find a new doctor.
  • LaNetsah
    LaNetsah Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    1000 cal, are you 4 foot something?

That is a great question.
  • labdai
    labdai Posts: 2
    Options
    you are losing inched because you are toning and gaining muscle! muscle weighs more than fat, so do NOT give up. pretty soon you will see both lbs and inches!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    you are losing inched because you are toning and gaining muscle! muscle weighs more than fat, so do NOT give up. pretty soon you will see both lbs and inches!

Bless.
  • mikek7214
    mikek7214 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    A weight gaining boomerang effect once she stops exercising.
  • SARgirl
    SARgirl Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for responding great advice! Do u all think I should up my calories to 1200?

The insanity program book tells you how much calories you should eat during the program, I would go by that (honestly its probably more than 1200). Also when I did the program I only lost about 5 pounds over the whole two months but lost a lot of inches. I would highly recommend taking measurements. Insanity is a high intensity cardio program so if you aren't fueling your body properly you aren't going to see good results and could possibly injure yourself.
  • suzeexoxo
    suzeexoxo Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Wow ok I will take all this in to consideration.... Thank you all!!!!
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options

Quit taking HCG!!!!
    Not trying to pimp myself out here.. but look at my thread. I talk about my experiences on HCG, low calories and how I now know better. I learned the hard way. My pics will prove to you that scale weight isn't always the best way to judge progress.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/929824-its-been-over-a-year-since-my-hot-affair-began
  • suzeexoxo
    suzeexoxo Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Wow I saw it....... Thank u I just got my 2nd shot of hcg and will be my last. After this week I will up my calories accordingly! Thank you!!!!

Quit taking HCG!!!!
    Not trying to pimp myself out here.. but look at my thread. I talk about my experiences on HCG, low calories and how I now know better. I learned the hard way. My pics will prove to you that scale weight isn't always the best way to judge progress.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/929824-its-been-over-a-year-since-my-hot-affair-began
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    it is refreshing to see someone actually open to hearing what people have to say instead of getting angry and defiant.

here are my before and during... 40 years old to 41

lifting 3 days, eating, and some cardio on the days i dont lift... no pregnant lady pee or starving necessary.

33110506_6925.jpg
    33110506_7732.jpg

33110506_8190.jpg
    33110506_2955.jpg
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Wow I saw it....... Thank u I just got my 2nd shot of hcg and will be my last. After this week I will up my calories accordingly! Thank you!!!!
    yayayayay!! *high fives everyone who suggested doing things the healthy way*

And I second what crankstr suggests. Lifting and stuff. *flex*
  • leahartmann
    leahartmann Posts: 415
    Options
    Just looked at your pictures. Woman, you look amazing. Makes me considering lifting.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    get well soon :flowerforyou:
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Yaaaay!!!
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options

Quit taking HCG!!!!

[/quote]

Best news ever!
  • Hazel9999
    Hazel9999 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I think the answer is do the measurements. I didnt and I spent a week of eating less than my 1200 calories and still weigh the same so i know how you feel. I had a night off the diet yesterday because i was so fed up. But next week will start afresh and will try and do more exercise to burn off some bloody fat.:happy: