Annoyed and disappointed

Options

Replies

• suzeexoxo
    suzeexoxo Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for responding great advice! Do u all think I should up my calories to 1200?
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    First, you are not gaining muscle.

Second, you should be going by inches lost, not pounds.

Third, you will not lose weight like you want by eating only 1000 calories per day. Work out your TDEE with an online calculator and subtract 20% for fat loss, then eat back your exercise calories. Insanity is an extremely demanding program. I have done it, and I lost weight on it eating around 1500 cals a day, NET.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    What were your expectations?
  • Django1977
    Options
    YES

Go to a calorie calculator and type in your weight, gender, height, activity level and DON`T go under your BMR. PLEASE..

Here is one -> http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

Cheers.

Feel free to add me as a friend
  • KalaMakaKoa
    KalaMakaKoa Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Why in the world are you eating only 1000 calories? The insanity program has all the tools you will need to figure out the proper intake when doing such an intense program.

Beachbody programs come with a nutrition guide. You don't have to use the meal plan, but you can use it to figure out what your daily intake needs to be to see results. Insanity is a tough one, and it is really tough on your body. You need to be eating more than 1000 cals a day. Make them healthy cals and not empty ones.
  • Woomytron
    Woomytron Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    YES

Go to a calorie calculator and type in your weight, gender, height, activity level and DON`T go under your BMR. PLEASE..

Here is one -> http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

Cheers.

Feel free to add me as a friend

Was just going to link that, even 1200 is to low for Insanity. I would be starving. :sad:
  • leahartmann
    leahartmann Posts: 415
    Options
    If you work out more than you did before, you gaine muscles. The muscle mass is heavier than fat mass. So, while you might have lost a lot of fat, you might have gained muscles and weigh the same. You have still lost a lot! Always measure, you can not always trust the scale.

Another thing: Eat your calories!! Don´t "stop" eating because you want to weigh less. It might take a little more time but it is WAY healthier.

She didn't gain muscle. Research, learn to bust the myth. Don't believe something just because you read it years ago. You do not create new muscle whilst eating 1000 calories a day, doing cardio and no strength training. It requires a heavy protein based diet, a surplus of calories and a good regular heavy lifting programme to add muscle weight. Then as a woman you will be lucky to add about 0.5 lb a month. If you post on the boards, post correct info for the OP.

OP, You most probably aren't eating nearly enough. A bare minimum should be your BMR. If you are eating 1000 a day then exercising lets say 500 cals off, you are trying to fuel your body on 500 calories a day. Does that sound like enough to feed a healthy active young female? Nope. Your body will not be inclined to lose fat deposits whilst it's being starved. It's funny like that. In times of famine it likes to keep what stores it has. Theres thousands of threads on here about not eating enough. Why not do a search and read up.
    I stand corrected.

sorry, wasn't being ****ty with you, it just frustrates me that so many people believe old myths and then repeat the, It's not your fault.....loads of people believe things that have been debunked. Sorry if I came across a snotty cow lol. Wasn't intended :flowerforyou:
    No bad feelings what so ever. Some times when I read the forums, I don´t know wether to laugh or cry, so I understand your frustration. I´m glad that you corrected me. :wink:
  • trinitylyons01
    trinitylyons01 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    You may be putting your body in starvation mode by not eating enough calories. Try to eat more (healthy foods, of course) and see if that makes a difference.
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    You may be putting your body in starvation mode by not eating enough calories. Try to eat more (healthy foods, of course) and see if that makes a difference.
    Starvation mode does not exist. The fact that she's lost 1lb proves this. A 1lb in less than a week is great.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for responding great advice! Do u all think I should up my calories to 1200?

Insanity recommends at least 1800 cals
  • swagtier
    swagtier Posts: 53
    Options
    1200 calories probably isn't enough. It's on the low end for females as it is, let alone while doing Insanity.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Was just going to link that, even 1200 is to low for Insanity. I would be starving. :sad:

I net 1800 and am still hungry doing insanity!
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    girl you should be eating 1200 or more before you even account for the exercise...then you need to add on.

you are already creating a deficit by going that low in the first place

do it right.

eat right
    work hard
    rinse
    repeat
  • Woomytron
    Woomytron Posts: 253 Member
    Options

I net 1800 and am still hungry doing insanity!

I was up to 2052 (or around there) but it felt like to much food so I downed it to 1843. Much better. I'm not hungry and I haven't missed a day. I feel if I eat less then that I would be too weak to keep it up.
  • suzeexoxo
    suzeexoxo Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I should of mentioned this frm the beginning.... The reason I do 1000 calories is because the Dr I am seeing gave me an hcg injection w vitamin b12 I will be doing this for 6weeks and he told me that along w eating 1000 calories I need to burn 500 of them. Does this make sense?? Or should I still up my calories based on this information. I appologize if I didn't explain this frm the very beginning :ohwell: And I am taking every comment on here in consideration I'm here to learn so I thank each and every one of you :flowerforyou:
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    I should of mentioned this frm the beginning.... The reason I do 1000 calories is because the Dr I am seeing gave me an hcg injection w vitamin b12 I will be doing this for 6weeks and he told me that along w eating 1000 calories I need to burn 500 of them. Does this make sense?? Or should I still up my calories based on this information. I appologize if I didn't explain this frm the very beginning :ohwell: And I am taking every comment on here in consideration I'm here to learn so I thank each and every one of you :flowerforyou:

nononononono

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

sweetie please...dont do this any more.
  • Bonnieg318
    Bonnieg318 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I would suggest a new Dr. I am a nurse and talk with Drs and dietitians about nutrition a lot.
    I agree with the other posters that 1000 or even 1200 cals a day isn't enough. I am very active and eat about 1500/day. I can't imagine a Dr suggesting that for weightloss. I have successfully lost 70lbs eating right and exercising. Nothing drastic ever. Good luck!!
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options

Quit taking HCG!!!!
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    You should not even be taking HCG with only 40 lbs to lose. You need to avoid this doctor, period.