Losing Weight At McDonalds

Options

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I'm glad things are going well for you. If you're happy doing it your way, and good with your progress, keep on keepin' on. But there's nothing wrong with folks who are happy doing it my way either. :)

I think you know me a bit better than that. If you want to do it your way, I could care less. Do it my way, I don't care either. Every one is free to do what they want. I like, nay, LOVE fast food, so I figured out a way to fit it into my macros. You love eating clean, so you figured out how to fit it into your life. I'm totally cool with that.

My main, if not only, problem with you is that you tend to say your way is the only way, or best way. It's not the only way and it tends to be so strict that many people fall off the wagon before losing enough weight to better their overall health.

i've actually tempered a bit on that front - go check out the most recent pop tart thread.

i had a pop tart today.... movie theatre popcorn and sour patch kids on friday.... i'm not as straight edge as y'all think. and i've always advocated for people not to cut something out if they really enjoy it. do what makes you happy. if eating whatever you want and dying young makes you happy great. if eating whatever you want within reason as long as your health markers are good makes you happy then great. if eating super clean makes you happy great. Do i personally believe that "my way" is healthier than yours? Yeah... otherwise i wouldn't be doing it... but as long as your vitals are good, keep doing what your doing.

the thing that bugs me is the same thing that bugs you about me. you guys don't like when i flame against those touting fast food, and i'm not a fan when you guys go into more clean-eating type threads spouting "mmm hamburgers"

it's the same thing. but in any case, i do respect you and your opinions and i know that if you ran into a situation where suddenly your vitals weren't going the right direction, you'd know what to do to turn it around. I just don't think everyone has those same tools

See Coach, if you never ever have a pop tart that's fine by me. I don't drink. Never had one and probably won't now that I'm old and stubborn. I just don't preach to others that they shouldn't drink. To each their own. I don't tell anyone they have to eat McDonald's just because I do.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    I'm glad things are going well for you. If you're happy doing it your way, and good with your progress, keep on keepin' on. But there's nothing wrong with folks who are happy doing it my way either. :)

I think you know me a bit better than that. If you want to do it your way, I could care less. Do it my way, I don't care either. Every one is free to do what they want. I like, nay, LOVE fast food, so I figured out a way to fit it into my macros. You love eating clean, so you figured out how to fit it into your life. I'm totally cool with that.

My main, if not only, problem with you is that you tend to say your way is the only way, or best way. It's not the only way and it tends to be so strict that many people fall off the wagon before losing enough weight to better their overall health.

i've actually tempered a bit on that front - go check out the most recent pop tart thread.

i had a pop tart today.... movie theatre popcorn and sour patch kids on friday.... i'm not as straight edge as y'all think. and i've always advocated for people not to cut something out if they really enjoy it. do what makes you happy. if eating whatever you want and dying young makes you happy great. if eating whatever you want within reason as long as your health markers are good makes you happy then great. if eating super clean makes you happy great. Do i personally believe that "my way" is healthier than yours? Yeah... otherwise i wouldn't be doing it... but as long as your vitals are good, keep doing what your doing.

the thing that bugs me is the same thing that bugs you about me. you guys don't like when i flame against those touting fast food, and i'm not a fan when you guys go into more clean-eating type threads spouting "mmm hamburgers"

it's the same thing. but in any case, i do respect you and your opinions and i know that if you ran into a situation where suddenly your vitals weren't going the right direction, you'd know what to do to turn it around. I just don't think everyone has those same tools

See Coach, if you never ever have a pop tart that's fine by me. I don't drink. Never had one and probably won't now that I'm old and stubborn. I just don't preach to others that they shouldn't drink. To each their own. I don't tell anyone they have to eat McDonald's just because I do.

but trolling people who are asking legitimate questions is just as off-putting to me and others as me suggesting better alternatives to processed food is to you.

you see that?

meh, doesn't matter. it's the internetz, you can do what you want. :)
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    If you're gonna do McDonald's, do it right.

Quarter pounder with a side of chicken nuggets and a chocolate milkshake.

I'd of taken you for the vanilla milkshake type.

:tongue:
  • ADStanfield25
    ADStanfield25 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Some people acting like they've never had McDonald's... Pfft.
    Love the honey mustard snackwrap, but Arby's side salads are 100x better. And they have cherry turnovers for $1.

THIS!!!! Love Arby's side salad. I can get a beef n' cheddar, a salad, and a bottle of water and have a nice filling meal that easily fits into my calorie count for the day. As far as McDonalds...LOVE the chicken nuggets (and I get apples instead of fries), or the crispy chicken ceasar salad!
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    2 Side Salads (20 calories each)
    1 Packet Vinagarette (35 calories)
    2 Snack Wraps w/o Cheese (420 calories)

5 Dollars, 495 Calories, 30 Protein, 13 Fat, 65 Carb

Don't even try to hate on that.

but you could easily make your own at home, probably cheaper - and you know everything that'll be in it, so it'll be better for you! :)

No HATING!!! Sometimes you just want McDonalds!

True that sometimes you just want McDonalds
    but side salads and wraps arent on the list of things i want from McDs
    ^^ YEP If I ate at McDonald's, I would certainly not waste my time on side salads and wraps with no cheese!! LOL
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    2 Side Salads (20 calories each)
    1 Packet Vinagarette (35 calories)
    2 Snack Wraps w/o Cheese (420 calories)

5 Dollars, 495 Calories, 30 Protein, 13 Fat, 65 Carb

Don't even try to hate on that.

baby-spoonfed-gif.gif
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Have you had a blood panel done recently? McD's is my fave and wondered if you noticed any side effects and how often do you eat it? I eat one meal from there and feel sluggish and full for two days.

This lol. I have to watch how much fat I eat, I don't think the 12g or whatever in a cheeseburger would do me much good.

But you can do the 11g of fat from Taco Bell and the 12g of fat in the DQ sheetcake?

ETA: Fat is not the enemy!
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,034 Member
    Options
    eat what you want in moderation, exercise, enjoy every day of your life because nothing is promised (not even to the clean eaters)

copying this form PP's post.

Best advice right there - dont become over zealous; if you enjoy Mcdonalds once in a while or even regularly and are losing weight and keeping healthy, all is good.
  • jjscholar
    jjscholar Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    In terms of calories, you are right... However, there is one thing you overlooked, --- the salt content... Fast food can be very salty...

I am not saying that my diet is perfect. It is very hard to cut down on salt...
  • rileybutts
    rileybutts Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hate McDonalds...besides..don,t eat meat
  • atamrowski
    atamrowski Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    What is the secret behind McDonald's fries? Seriously. That's the only thing I like from there.

I agree with everyone's viewpoints; those against the fast food eatery (not just McDonalds but in general) and those who take it in moderation.

No matter how you look at it, the entire menu is processed (except for your typical lettuce and tomato) and bears alot of sodium. But the egg McMuffin is no different than eating a Pop-Tart, or bowl of cereal for breakfast and the chicken sandwhich (hold the mayo) is no different than having a turkey sandwhich you made from home because at the end of the day, it's all processed! So eat what you want; it's your body and your life. Do what makes you happy.

Don't claim to be a "clean eater" if you aren't following it truly and naturally; from farm to fork. Eating Chipotle or Subway doesn't make it clean.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Why not get a real burger from a local joint made with real fresh beef?

Exactly, instead of all the crap bits that no one in their right mind would eat if put in front of them, ewww
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Have you had a blood panel done recently? McD's is my fave and wondered if you noticed any side effects and how often do you eat it? I eat one meal from there and feel sluggish and full for two days.

This lol. I have to watch how much fat I eat, I don't think the 12g or whatever in a cheeseburger would do me much good.

But you can do the 11g of fat from Taco Bell and the 12g of fat in the DQ sheetcake?

Well yeah I had some ice cream cake today, for the first time in 9 weeks. Shoot me :p And those 3 tacos I ate for 450 calories and 11g of fat kept me much fuller than one mcdonald's cheeseburger, that has more fat and just 120 less calories. I haven't checked the sodium.

Of course I eat some fat, but the high fat stuff isn't nutritious at all in the sense that you're still hungry after eating it... That's the thing really. Of course I could have some McDonald's (which I love, by the way!), but I could eat all my daily calories and still be hungry 2 hours later (kudos to people who can eat two McDoubles and be full for 3 hours).

I'd just think that people who want to lose weight (which is, by the way, the title of the thread) would want to use their calories for something that will fill them up.

And do people really want us to believe that transfats are not a problem? I mean, there's fat and there's fat...
  • dfonte
    dfonte Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    My McDonalds is your workout
  • janehlansing
    Options
    10 mcdoubles???? I would explode!
  • cnlargent
    cnlargent Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    What is the secret behind McDonald's fries? Seriously. That's the only thing I like from there.

I think they mix in crack with the salt.
  • bjellqj1
    bjellqj1 Posts: 1
    Options
    This post is really helpful for people trying to lose weight on a budget, and people who don't have time to cook. Is there any full list of all the healthy eatting options at Mcdonalds?
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

Well yeah I had some ice cream cake today, for the first time in 9 weeks. Shoot me :p And those 3 tacos I ate for 450 calories and 11g of fat kept me much fuller than one mcdonald's cheeseburger, that has more fat and just 120 less calories. I haven't checked the sodium.

Of course I eat some fat, but the high fat stuff isn't nutritious at all in the sense that you're still hungry after eating it... That's the thing really. Of course I could have some McDonald's (which I love, by the way!), but I could eat all my daily calories and still be hungry 2 hours later (kudos to people who can eat two McDoubles and be full for 3 hours).

I'd just think that people who want to lose weight (which is, by the way, the title of the thread) would want to use their calories for something that will fill them up.

And do people really want us to believe that transfats are not a problem? I mean, there's fat and there's fat...

I find fat to be the most satiating macronutrient. My meals are typically rather high in fat, and I find them very filling and satisfying. Today almost 40% of my calories have been from fat. And I'm not exactly a person who eats like a bird.

Protein is great and carbs are whatever, but fat is where it's at (ha!) It's empty carbs like flour and sugar that aren't satisfying to me.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options

I find fat to be the most satiating macronutrient. My meals are typically rather high in fat, and I find them very filling and satisfying. Today almost 40% of my calories have been from fat. And I'm not exactly a person who eats like a bird.

Protein is great and carbs are whatever, but fat is where it's at (ha!) It's empty carbs like flour and sugar that aren't satisfying to me.

my diet is about 55% fat. fat IS where it's at.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options

my diet is about 55% fat. fat IS where it's at.

And about 1g/lb body weight protein...interesting