Losing Weight At McDonalds

Options

Replies

• WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    Have you had a blood panel done recently? McD's is my fave and wondered if you noticed any side effects and how often do you eat it? I eat one meal from there and feel sluggish and full for two days.

This lol. I have to watch how much fat I eat, I don't think the 12g or whatever in a cheeseburger would do me much good.

But you can do the 11g of fat from Taco Bell and the 12g of fat in the DQ sheetcake?

ETA: Fat is not the enemy!

Well yeah I had some ice cream cake today, for the first time in 9 weeks. Shoot me :p And those 3 tacos I ate for 450 calories and 11g of fat kept me much fuller than one mcdonald's cheeseburger, that has more fat and just 120 less calories. I haven't checked the sodium.

Of course I eat some fat, but the high fat stuff isn't nutritious at all in the sense that you're still hungry after eating it... That's the thing really. Of course I could have some McDonald's (which I love, by the way!), but I could eat all my daily calories and still be hungry 2 hours later (kudos to people who can eat two McDoubles and be full for 3 hours).

I'd just think that people who want to lose weight (which is, by the way, the title of the thread) would want to use their calories for something that will fill them up.

And do people really want us to believe that transfats are not a problem? I mean, there's fat and there's fat...

I find fat to be the most satiating macronutrient. My meals are typically rather high in fat, and I find them very filling and satisfying. Today almost 40% of my calories have been from fat. And I'm not exactly a person who eats like a bird.

Protein is great and carbs are whatever, but fat is where it's at (ha!) It's empty carbs like flour and sugar that aren't satisfying to me.

i seem to recall a study done a number of years ago where they tracked mountain climbers who had been stranded on limited rations on the side of Everest and the researchers were surprised that when the climbers got back down, the foods they craved were high fat foods. i wish i could find that online, but i tried a couple of months ago and didn't have any luck. still, i've always remembered it because it showed how important dietary fats are to your body even at a time when the whole food industry was promoting low fat foods as being healthy.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    This post is really helpful for people trying to lose weight on a budget, and people who don't have time to cook. Is there any full list of all the healthy eatting options at Mcdonalds?

How about what to eat at virtually every fast food place?

http://eatthis.menshealth.com/content/14-best-fast-food-meals-under-500-calories
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Have you had a blood panel done recently? McD's is my fave and wondered if you noticed any side effects and how often do you eat it? I eat one meal from there and feel sluggish and full for two days.

This lol. I have to watch how much fat I eat, I don't think the 12g or whatever in a cheeseburger would do me much good.

But you can do the 11g of fat from Taco Bell and the 12g of fat in the DQ sheetcake?

ETA: Fat is not the enemy!

Well yeah I had some ice cream cake today, for the first time in 9 weeks. Shoot me :p And those 3 tacos I ate for 450 calories and 11g of fat kept me much fuller than one mcdonald's cheeseburger, that has more fat and just 120 less calories. I haven't checked the sodium.

Of course I eat some fat, but the high fat stuff isn't nutritious at all in the sense that you're still hungry after eating it... That's the thing really. Of course I could have some McDonald's (which I love, by the way!), but I could eat all my daily calories and still be hungry 2 hours later (kudos to people who can eat two McDoubles and be full for 3 hours).

I'd just think that people who want to lose weight (which is, by the way, the title of the thread) would want to use their calories for something that will fill them up.

And do people really want us to believe that transfats are not a problem? I mean, there's fat and there's fat...

I find fat to be the most satiating macronutrient. My meals are typically rather high in fat, and I find them very filling and satisfying. Today almost 40% of my calories have been from fat. And I'm not exactly a person who eats like a bird.

Protein is great and carbs are whatever, but fat is where it's at (ha!) It's empty carbs like flour and sugar that aren't satisfying to me.

i seem to recall a study done a number of years ago where they tracked mountain climbers who had been stranded on limited rations on the side of Everest and the researchers were surprised that when the climbers got back down, the foods they craved were high fat foods. i wish i could find that online, but i tried a couple of months ago and didn't have any luck. still, i've always remembered it because it showed how important dietary fats are to your body even at a time when the whole food industry was promoting low fat foods as being healthy.

I know climbers who literally eat sticks of butter when at altitude.
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    You can lose weight at McDonalds, as long as the bathroom's open.
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Mcdonalds (Usa - French Fries (Medium), 380 cals
    Mcdonald's - Diet Coke (Medium), 21 fl oz 0 cals
    Mcdonalds - Angus Bacon & Cheese Burger No Onions, No Pickle, No Ketchup, No Mustard, 760 cals

Total 1140 calories.

I lost about 30 pounds since last summer and have achieved my ideal weight eating this on a fairly regular basis.

My cholesterol, blood pressure, body fat %, etc are great and my strength and cardiovascular endurance is better than it has been in years.

IIFYM for the win
  • MrsWells1983
    Options
    You can lose weight at McDonalds, as long as the bathroom's open.

bahahaha
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I have breakfast at McDonald's almost every day. I switch between 2 order of scrambled eggs (340 cal, 2 carb, 22 fat, 30 protein) or an Egg McMuffin (300 cal, 15 carb, 12 fat, 18 protein). I also eat lunch or dinner there on occasion. I get the grilled chicken sandwich with no mayo & then add a packet of light mayo to it so I know how much mayo I'm actually getting, or I get one of the new premium McWraps (no sauce because I don't like it).

My dad has worked for McDonald's his entire life--started out making fries & now owns 3 franchises. Great for a man with no college degree & a family to support. I now work for him in his office. He also owns 2 "mom & pop" type pizza restaurants (in my mother's name) & I can tell you that those smaller restaurants you see nearly all get their food from local restaurant supply places. They are not out slaughtering their own happily raised animals & growing their own veges for the most part--the cost of doing that (in labor alone) would be prohibitive. I think everyone should get off their high horse about McDonald's. It is a large company that provides great benefits to it's employees & gives everyone an opportunity for growth if they work hard.

Everyone makes their own choices about food--you can eat healthily at fast food places if you want to. You just have to make good choices. I know that I struggle with it, but McDonald's is definitely not to blame if I go in their & eat a huge number of fat & calories. I could do that at the grocery store too--it's all on me.
  • 215jenn
    215jenn Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    This post is really helpful for people trying to lose weight on a budget, and people who don't have time to cook. Is there any full list of all the healthy eatting options at Mcdonalds?

How about what to eat at virtually every fast food place?

http://eatthis.menshealth.com/content/14-best-fast-food-meals-under-500-calories

Thanks for the link!
  • conorpatmanCHANGED
    conorpatmanCHANGED Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    You should watch 'Fathead.'

ive seen that :drinker:
  • deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I just eat the napkins, the calorie count is super low and it fits within my macros.

Altough I'm concerned that they are white and not brown, which would be better and not as 'unrefined'.
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    IDK, I feel like if I want to go to McD's I am getting either 2 cheeseburgers with fries and a coke or a 10 piece mcnugget with fries and a coke. Yum.

If I want to eat healthier, Ill stay home or go to panera and get salad and a soup...or something.
  • badtastebetty
    badtastebetty Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I lost nearly twenty pounds working at McDonalds - malnutrition for the win.

I gained it all back when I started working at a real restaurant, but I looked a million times better, and healthier.

Also, sausage mc muffin with hasbrown and mcchicken sauce. :love: my guts hurt just thinking about it.
  • upgetupgetup
    upgetupgetup Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    damn
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    :laugh:

Yeah I remember I worked at a store that had a Mcdees inside.. man, I ate there for breakfast, lunch and almost dinner.. lost 30 lbs but I HATED how fat I looked.. I lost a lot of muscle mass though. Thankfully years later, I don't work there and have changed my ways... always loved their breakfast bagels, fries and cheeseburgers though :laugh:
  • upgetupgetup
    Options
    My only problem is why do some of the clean freaks seem to think it is necessary to tell the McDonald's eaters that they're doing it all wrong? ... but quite a few just can't seem to let it go that it can be okay, and people can still be healthy when they do it?

Nobody wants to take the clean food away, but the cheaners want to take the food they've deemed junk away.

I'm maybe a 70% clean eater, and I'm all for people enjoying life and moderation, but this kind of thing is why *I* try to only have a couple of fast food meals a month (one of which is always going to be a Quarter Cheese, small fry & Coke Zero, WHICH COSTS ALMOST 8 BUCKS WHERE I LIVE):

This post is GREAT! I had to stop eating at McDonald's though because I put on 17 pounds between October and January (thankfully is all gone now). At first i started with the salads then I would sneak in a fry then I would sneak in a BIGMAC they i would SUPERSIZE it then they had SWEET POTATO PIES..nom,nom,nom and BAMMMMM! BLOATED.

So I swore off fast foods and now back to being my sexy self! However you guys make it sound so tempting..I will see once I get to my goal weight of 180.

Also, this is crazy:
    burger king is still better

wtf i forgot what to do with tags again, fixed
  • VictoriaK1993
    VictoriaK1993 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Has anyone here actually educated themselves about nutrition at all? Honestly, myfitnesspal isn't about dieting, it is about making a lifestyle change. And a proper lifestyle change doesn't include vegetables imported from halfway around the globe that weren't allowed to ripen on the vine naturally, that are likely GMO, with flour in the "healthy" tortilla wraps and batter on the chicken that is processed beyond belief, covering antibiotic rich, steroid pumped chicken that has been processed and pummelled into oblivion.

You can go to McDonalds. But please understand that it does not matter if you only eat 1200 calories a day if you eat 1200 calories of ****. If you eat McDonalds five days a week, your insides will be a ****show no matter what you might think. Your body will be acidic instead of alkaline, and you may as well buy yourself a casket now because cancer cells love to grow in acidic environments. Cheers everyone.

Oh and p.s. - diet coke is one of the worst things you could possibly ingest - more than containing aspartame and a million other ingredients you wouldn't give to your worst enemy, it actually stimulates the hunger region in the brain, which could cause you to eat more than if you had just drank water. So it literally does you no good whatsoever.
  • upgetupgetup
    Options
    Has anyone here actually educated themselves about nutrition at all? Honestly, myfitnesspal isn't about dieting, it is about making a lifestyle change. And a proper lifestyle change doesn't include vegetables imported from halfway around the globe that weren't allowed to ripen on the vine naturally, that are likely GMO, with flour in the "healthy" tortilla wraps and batter on the chicken that is processed beyond belief, covering antibiotic rich, steroid pumped chicken that has been processed and pummelled into oblivion.

You can go to McDonalds. But please understand that it does not matter if you only eat 1200 calories a day if you eat 1200 calories of ****. If you eat McDonalds five days a week, your insides will be a ****show no matter what you might think. Your body will be acidic instead of alkaline, and you may as well buy yourself a casket now because cancer cells love to grow in acidic environments. Cheers everyone.

Oh and p.s. - diet coke is one of the worst things you could possibly ingest - more than containing aspartame and a million other ingredients you wouldn't give to your worst enemy, it actually stimulates the hunger region in the brain, which could cause you to eat more than if you had just drank water. So it literally does you no good whatsoever.

No, you're the only one who's read anything about nutrition ever.

fyi the ONLY time I have Coke Zero is that 1-2 times a month.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options

Wow, just wow.....
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options
    I dont think many posters were recommending Mcdonalds 5 days a week,Victoria - but in moderation it can be ok and some options are better from a weight loss point of view than others - such as OP's suggestions.

I drink diet coke now and then - couple of glasses a week,
    Cant say it makes me any hungrier than any other drink, including plain water.

You do sound rather over zealous.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options

DIET COKE EVERYDAY!!!!!!11.. Best weight loss drink ever......