Shakeology Vrs Slim fast?

Options
So, I just tried my first chocolate Shakeology today (a friend gave me a sample)... and I really must say I like Slim Fast a lot better.

Replies

• Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I prefer chocolate cake make with real chocolate. IIFYM, then have it. No need for shakes.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I tried shakeology before and I literally spit that crap into the sink. It was god awful. Much rather have slimfast. No point in spending a crapload on money on some nasty tasting junk I won't drink. Thank god I didn't and they were samples.
  • BeautifulChaos27
    Options
    I tried shakeology before and I literally spit that crap into the sink. It was god awful. Much rather have slimfast. No point in spending a crapload on money on some nasty tasting junk I won't drink. Thank god I didn't and they were samples.

I know! The way I made it it came out to be about 2 cups worth. I drank a little over half of the first cup and said screw it, it tastes too bad. Over priced crap is what it is. I'll stick to my slim fast - that stuff tastes a LOT better and is a hell of a lot cheaper!
  • brigoodwin
    brigoodwin Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Shakeology has lots of nutrients in it and if you're body is not used to all the goodness then I think it takes awhile to get used to. It also really depends how you prepare your shake. Did you friend give you suggestions for making your sample?

There really is no comparison between Shakeology and Slim Fast. Everything found in Shakeology is from whole or raw food sources. All the vitamins and minerals come from those super foods. Everything in Slim Fast is chemically processed and man made. I guess if your not big into where your food comes from then it doesn't matter, but you pretty much get what you pay for :)
  • mdhughes33
    Options
    Shakeology vegan strawberry is really good!
  • Lyadeia
    Options
    Shakeology has lots of nutrients in it and if you're body is not used to all the goodness then I think it takes awhile to get used to. It also really depends how you prepare your shake. Did you friend give you suggestions for making your sample?

There really is no comparison between Shakeology and Slim Fast. Everything found in Shakeology is from whole or raw food sources. All the vitamins and minerals come from those super foods. Everything in Slim Fast is chemically processed and man made. I guess if your not big into where your food comes from then it doesn't matter, but you pretty much get what you pay for :)

Shakeology uses prop blends, so you have no idea the dosage of any of those ingredients. The prop blends are small, though, so dividing it up amongst 70 ingredients makes the dosage of each tiny and pretty much useless. I brought this up to Carl Daikeler a couple of years ago (I am a former diamond coach and hate to admit that I was ever associated with that crappy company) and he basically told me that he didn't know the answer and that I should not be asking...

And since when has man made = bad for you? Just curious why you think things have to sprout from the ground or else be unhealthy to eat.
  • redraidergirl2009
    Options

I know! The way I made it it came out to be about 2 cups worth. I drank a little over half of the first cup and said screw it, it tastes too bad. Over priced crap is what it is. I'll stick to my slim fast - that stuff tastes a LOT better and is a hell of a lot cheaper!

I <3 my slimfast. You have to work to make it taste bad.
  • redraidergirl2009
    Options

I don't think it's an "acquired taste". I mixed it with soymilk and a banana. I also tried just water. It was a waste of a banana :( More power to those that like it though. Shakeology is processed to hell and back too. I mean it's powder...I didn't see any leaves or berries in it. I do add berries and stuff to slimfast and it still tastes good. :)
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mcdeme5a2M1rr1q39.gif

Shakeology is like a cult, I can not wait for the responses.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

Shakeology uses prop blends, so you have no idea the dosage of any of those ingredients. The prop blends are small, though, so dividing it up amongst 70 ingredients makes the dosage of each tiny and pretty much useless. I brought this up to Carl Daikeler a couple of years ago (I am a former diamond coach and hate to admit that I was ever associated with that crappy company) and he basically told me that he didn't know the answer and that I should not be asking...

And since when has man made = bad for you? Just curious why you think things have to sprout from the ground or else be unhealthy to eat.

Nope. It says what the dosage is, at least on their website.

I like it because it fills you up. I don't think slim fast would.

The tropical strawberry shakeology is awful though. I tried it today and I'm returning the package.
  • BeautifulChaos27
    Options

My friend told me to add...

the 1 serving shakeology she gave me
    1 banana
    1-2 tbs of peanut butter
    1 cup milk
    1/2 cup water
    6-8 ice cubs
    and 1 tbs of vanilla extract or agave nectar
  • BeautifulChaos27
    Options
    tumblr_mcdeme5a2M1rr1q39.gif

Shakeology is like a cult, I can not wait for the responses.

lol =)
  • BeautifulChaos27
    Options

The tropical strawberry shakeology is awful though. I tried it today and I'm returning the package.

Slim fast fills me up personally, I drank one in the morning and I barley ate all day. :smile:
  • Lyadeia
    Options

You must not be talking about the exact quantity of the ingredients that are used to make up each prop blend like I am. This is most certainly NOT on the website...and they have it listed nowhere.

Do you know what a proprietary blend is?
  • redraidergirl2009
    Options

Slim fast fills me up personally, I drank one in the morning and I barley ate all day. :smile:

Filled me up, unlike the shakeology which didn't fill me up because I had to spit it out.
  • Monisfit4life
    Monisfit4life Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I liked the old formula but not the new Shakeology formula so I stopped drinking it. When I was on Shakeology it helped my immune system and my allergies. It really had some awesome ingredients. All you have to do is compare the label to some of the othe stuff that is out there. There are also other shakes out there that are way better for you than slim fast and better tasting too. I even liked the GNC total lean shake better than slimfast, but everyone has different taste buds so to each his own.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    So, I just tried my first chocolate Shakeology today (a friend gave me a sample)... and I really must say I like Slim Fast a lot better.

lol wut.

slim fast is not even a remotely similar product to shakeology...
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

lol wut.

Sure they are. They're both nutritional shakes. It's really the marketing that's very different.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options

lol wut.

Sure they are. They're both nutritional shakes. It's really the marketing that's very different.

says someone who's never compared the nutrition facts/ingredients list.

they're not remotely similar.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

lol wut.

says someone who's never compared the nutrition facts/ingredients list.

they're not remotely similar.

Indeed I have.

Slim-fast:
    Calories 180
    Fat 6g
    Carbs 24g
    Protein 10g

Shakeology:
    Calories 160
    Fat 2g
    Carbs 21g
    Protein 16g

Not really very different. They're meal replacement shakes. Shakeology has a little less fat and more protein.