Shakeology Vrs Slim fast?

Options

Replies

• babyblooz
    babyblooz Posts: 220 Member
    Options

Slim fast fills me up personally, I drank one in the morning and I barley ate all day. :smile:

Why is that a *good* thing, though? Why not just eat real food?
  • mushroomcup
    mushroomcup Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I just don't understand why you'd want a meal replacement diet when you can just eat food.

Food taste guuurd.

I didn't use protein powder or meal replacement shakes to lose weight, but I do use them for meals on the run or for a day when I am just not hungry. I use Isopure Vanilla or Ensure ... long shelf life, taste great and suits the purpose for maintaining my weight

Same. I drink Atkins shakes as meal replacements when I'm in a hurry. They taste alright, have a decent amount of protein, and keep me going until my next meal/snack. It's just a convenience and it works for me.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    out of curiosity - everyone who touts real food over shakes, do you supplement with whey protein?
  • baileybiddles
    baileybiddles Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    If I'm being honest, I never liked the taste of chocolate shakeology either and I could not get down a whole serving.

HOWEVER.

To try and compare shakeology to slimfast is RIDICULOUS. Shakeology is loaded with amazing, whole ingredients. When you do drink it, it gives you amazing, natural energy and it makes you feel very good. I noticed when I was trying to drink it that I was less sick all of the time (I have a terrible immune system). There is no denying that shakeology is the better option.

Slimfast is filled with chemicals and preservatives. It's garbage.
  • babyblooz
    Options
    out of curiosity - everyone who touts real food over shakes, do you supplement with whey protein?

What would the benefits be for someone who is not trying to build muscle?
  • babyblooz
    Options
    Oh wait... scratch that Coachreddy. I just checked out your profile. :tongue:
  • Amy62575
    Amy62575 Posts: 422 Member
    Options

tumblr_m9hpi23cCb1qi0ird.gif

LOL
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    NO vs NO
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options

Yes but I would never say use it instead of a meal - I just use it to get some quick protein in after my weight workouts and sometimes help me meet my protein goals - If I could afford all food protein instead I'd do that.
  • CoachReddy
    Options
    Oh wait... scratch that Coachreddy. I just checked out your profile. :tongue:

nah don't worry - i'm level headed about it though. i don't use shakeology currently and don't actively sell it either. i think if cost is a factor, there are better options. however, if cost isn't an issue, and you're concerned about convenience, shakeology is a helluva product and superior to the other products of the same vein.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Shakeology is an overpriced shake sold in an MLM scheme
    Slim fast is a junk food disguised as a "weight loss shake"

Personally I'd avoid either of those and get a quality protein powder, if anything at all, and apply the savings toward something useful like gym fees or exercise equipment.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options

No.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    It's a tie, they both lose.
  • CoachReddy
    Options

Yes but I would never say use it instead of a meal - I just use it to get some quick protein in after my weight workouts and sometimes help me meet my protein goals - If I could afford all food protein instead I'd do that.

totally - but that's my point. for you it's 1) more convenient and 2) cost effective

shakeology is all about getting a mega shot of nutrients in a convenient way. yeah the per-serving cost is higher, but you're also getting more.

conceptually, however, they're the same.
  • CoachReddy
    Options

No.

well good! :tongue:
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options

totally - but that's my point. for you it's 1) more convenient and 2) cost effective

shakeology is all about getting a mega shot of nutrients in a convenient way. yeah the per-serving cost is higher, but you're also getting more.

I'd argue that - but it's hard to type with a cat climbing over me at the moment :laugh:
  • twingirlsmommy
    twingirlsmommy Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I think it's better to come up with your own shakes--with plain non fat greek yogurt plus some fresh fruits and veggies. Slim Fast has a LOT of sugar, little protein or any other real nutritional value. 1 serving of kirkland plain, nonfat greek yogurt has 18 g of protein already--add some blueberries, strawberries and 1/2 a banana you've got over 20 g of protein, a good dose of fiber and it's naturally sweet. If you like it sweeter, add a tsp of honey for a smoothie that's clean and delicious!! You can even add some cooked spinach for extra iron or some flax seeds and not even taste it!! I would nix slimfast and shakeology .... blech.... chemicals--and some of the powdered items have aspartame.
  • CoachReddy
    Options

I'd argue that - but it's hard to type with a cat climbing over me at the moment :laugh:

haha i literally just was dealing with the same thing
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    I use muscle milk about once a day but it's cheap and tastes good, and I would never use it to "replace" meals or as an excuse not to eat real food. I avoid MLM schemes and B.S. propriety blends like the plague.
  • WilmaDennis91
    WilmaDennis91 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried Shakeology, but I have done Slim Fast for the whole summer. It worked for me really fast but results are temporary.