A LADY WHO LIFTS - 1 year of progress! (pics)

Options

Replies

• pamcuster
    pamcuster Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    bump, so that I can study this thread when I have time...thanks!
  • ambervaldez79
    ambervaldez79 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Your transformation is amazing. Even though you were slim in the previous pictures, you weren't toned at all. Now you look rock hard!!! I'm working on losing weight. My concern is hitting my goal and looking kinda flabby. I hope with my strength training that I see results similar to your results!

Thank you!! Yes I was definitely never very large but my body was completely different than it is now. I've never been happier! Strength training is so empowering AND it gives great results! :)

Don't get me wrong, you still had a very nice figure, but now you look like you could crush a skull. lol! Love it! Thanks for sharing your story. Women like you set great examples!
  • fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Awesome results! I really want to start a lifting program now! I don't want to go to the gym though because it's super crowded and I can never get to the equipment. If I saved up and got a barbell set, would I be able to do this at home?

I'm definitely going to try finding a dumbbell lifting program to start immediately though because we already have a set of Bowflex dumbbells and an up/down inclinable utility bench.

ETA: Mind if I send a FR?

Go right ahead! And yeah you can do it a lot of lifting at home if you buy a barbell set! There are dumbbell only workouts too :) Just gotta find what works for you!

ETA that you might want to try lifting out at a gym first to see if you like it before investing in a barbell set, they're expensive!
  • fittiephd
    Options
    Can I ask why no cardio? I am completely lost going into weightloss and getting myself healthy. I would like to find out more foods that are ok to eat. I do Zumba at my house before I head to school an hour away and I am there by 8:00 and don't get home til 6:00 so on the go foods are needed too. Does it matter when to eat ( like before exercise or after). I really have no idea about anything. Plus I don't eat mayo, fish, or turkey cause I'm allergic. :(. Helpppppp plz

I personally just dont like cardio! If you like it, it's great for you and I think one of the most important things about getting healthy is doing what you love!

I usually do meal prep on Sundays if I can, I try to eat high protein healthy foods. One can eat healthy every day if you just make and prepare all of your meals for the week on Sundays! everything is portable if you put it in a tupperware and take it with you!
  • J3nnyV
    J3nnyV Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    You are awesome!
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    OP, you give me hope!
  • binkyb00
    binkyb00 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! After trying weight lifting in January I dumped doing cardio only. I'm getting better results with lifting weights and sometimes hitting a heavy punching bag for a little cardio.
  • cald0nia
    cald0nia Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • Denise0827
    Options
    Hi, just joined this site today. Hoping to lose 100 lbs over the next year. Love your pics and just wanted to let you know. I'm many years older than most of those I've seen on this site; however, I can still dream at my age, LOL. I am disabled, however, and can't exercise, so I have a true feat to perform over the next year. Hoping to gain a lot of positive feelings by reading others' blogs, etc. on this website. Hope no one objects to a "hippy" ol' lady joining the site and gaining and giving insight to all you young people.
  • erojoy
    erojoy Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I added u on Instagram! You are an inspiration.
  • erojoy
    erojoy Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I also just ordered my copy :-) I'm so excited it gets here Wednesday!
  • MLT314
    MLT314 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • HSMyTwins
    HSMyTwins Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I want to start off by saying that the OP looks GREAT and should be very proud of her progress. I have to wonder where are all the ladies who started lifting when they were overweight and where are their progress pics? I am 42 and still have at least 30 pounds to go before I can just worry about maintaining. I will be doing the You are Your Own Gym program for strength and a Couch to 5k program. I actually started the YAOG program before but had to take an extended break from exercising because of Achilles Tendonitis. Now I am ready to get back in the game and work on losing the last 30 pounds.

Congrats to the OP on her success. She has worked hard and it shows.

I too wonder where the success stories are of overweight women who find success from lifting. If any are reading this....please post your successes!
  • jesspi68
    jesspi68 Posts: 292
    Options
    Awesome!!
  • SarahBeth0625
    SarahBeth0625 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Great work!!
  • Fit2befitZ
    Fit2befitZ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • smn76237
    smn76237 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I want to start off by saying that the OP looks GREAT and should be very proud of her progress. I have to wonder where are all the ladies who started lifting when they were overweight and where are their progress pics? I am 42 and still have at least 30 pounds to go before I can just worry about maintaining. I will be doing the You are Your Own Gym program for strength and a Couch to 5k program. I actually started the YAOG program before but had to take an extended break from exercising because of Achilles Tendonitis. Now I am ready to get back in the game and work on losing the last 30 pounds.

I too wonder where the success stories are of overweight women who find success from lifting. If any are reading this....please post your successes!

I know there's more threads, but here is one with a few success stories you're looking for!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/858218-weight-lifting-results-for-women-plz?hl=weightlifting+results
  • fittiephd
    Options

I know there's more threads, but here is one with a few success stories you're looking for!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/858218-weight-lifting-results-for-women-plz?hl=weightlifting+results

Thanks for finding that! I didn't have time today to look around for the threads. I've definitely seen successful women who lifted throughout all of their weight loss but I don't have the links on hand.

Thank you everyone so much for all of the support and kind kind words! I am so blessed to be surrounded by such kind and encouraging people! Again, feel free to message me with any questions, I really do love to help! It's really not a bother :)
  • enchanted_daydream
    enchanted_daydream Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    awesome job!! I just finished stage 1 of NROLFW and am loving lifting!!
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    holy *kitten* u look amazing! great job and thnx for sharing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!