A LADY WHO LIFTS - 1 year of progress! (pics)

Options

Replies

• MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! Very inspirational!
  • MissesForrester
    MissesForrester Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    IM GONNA TRY IT!
  • fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Glad to see more women interested in lifting!
  • TheKatnav
    TheKatnav Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Firstly congratulations, you look fab, there is a lot of hard work there and it has so paid off!

I have just started strength training in the last 3 weeks and whilst I am definitely not heavy lifting (yet!) I have doubled what I am lifting. I like it, and I am noticing changes. However i am so hungry! I cannot stop eating, everything and anything (this is the worry...) Is this normal? Will it even out. I am 5ft2, 113lb and have been scoffing between 1400 to 2000 a day (ahem and some days 2500) given before strength training I was around 1300 I am bit concerned I will balloon.

Hey! So at 5'2" 113 lbs you're not eating enough at 1300 cals so that's why you're really hungry! A lot of people find they are very hungry when they lift and that's cuz it's tough on your muscles, your body needs food!

Check out this link to calculate how much you should be eating while lifting:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/538943-how-to-calculate-calorie-goals-according-to-nrolfw

Your weight will move around when you first start lifting/eating more but it'll balance out in a month or so.

Yes so not eating 1300 these days! I am eating in the NROL range, some days a bit more. Though probably not lifting heavy enough yet. Still despite eating lots for about 4 weeks I have not gained and have more definition in may upper body. Lifting is genius, why did I not know this years ago!

I probably do need to swap chocolate for chicken though......

Thank you!
  • fittiephd
    Options
    Firstly congratulations, you look fab, there is a lot of hard work there and it has so paid off!

I have just started strength training in the last 3 weeks and whilst I am definitely not heavy lifting (yet!) I have doubled what I am lifting. I like it, and I am noticing changes. However i am so hungry! I cannot stop eating, everything and anything (this is the worry...) Is this normal? Will it even out. I am 5ft2, 113lb and have been scoffing between 1400 to 2000 a day (ahem and some days 2500) given before strength training I was around 1300 I am bit concerned I will balloon.

Hey! So at 5'2" 113 lbs you're not eating enough at 1300 cals so that's why you're really hungry! A lot of people find they are very hungry when they lift and that's cuz it's tough on your muscles, your body needs food!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/538943-how-to-calculate-calorie-goals-according-to-nrolfw

Your weight will move around when you first start lifting/eating more but it'll balance out in a month or so.

Yes so not eating 1300 these days! I am eating in the NROL range, some days a bit more. Though probably not lifting heavy enough yet. Still despite eating lots for about 4 weeks I have not gained and have more definition in may upper body. Lifting is genius, why did I not know this years ago!

Thank you!

Awesome!!!! I agree that lifting is genius ;)
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options

Thank you!

Awesome!!!! I agree that lifting is genius ;)
    thirded if that's a word :p
  • Peachy_T
    Peachy_T Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! What an awesome transformation!!
  • fittiephd
    Options
    Thanks!!!
  • sarahmichelexo
    sarahmichelexo Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    bump
  • aprilsirota
    aprilsirota Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi just started and was wondering how many days I need to rest. Also do you drink protein shakes? How about cardio? Do you do it and how often? I try to eat 1200 calories but starve especially on workout days. Sorry for so many questions.
  • tempest501
    tempest501 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    You look amazing well done!
  • Clement1ne
    Options
    Nice work there! I've have to say, you've got a nice butt.

Emmalee :smile:
  • fittiephd
    Options
    Hi just started and was wondering how many days I need to rest. Also do you drink protein shakes? How about cardio? Do you do it and how often? I try to eat 1200 calories but starve especially on workout days. Sorry for so many questions.

It is good to rest 3-4 days per week. With Stronglifts I was lifting MWF and resting all other days. My new program I'm lifting MTRF and resting the other days. I drink protein shakes post workout and any time I need to supplement my protein. I don't do any cardio but I may start adding about 15 minutes of HIIT on lifting days. You're starving because you're eating so little. As you can see in my post if you read it, I do not starve myself and that is why I have been successful. I eat 1800 calories per day plus exercise calories.
  • fittiephd
    Options
    And thanks everyone!
  • Tenster
    Tenster Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Tremendous effort. Looking at your photos should make girls want to lift. Do your hair next time though :P
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    outstanding!!!
  • garnet116
    garnet116 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    WOW, you look great!

Can I ask how many minutes each of your workout sessions are? Also if you had to lose a larger amount of weight (like 15-20 pounds) would you do cardio then? Or still just skip all cardio and just lift?

I really need to read this book. I realize these answers are probably in the book but if you have a chance to answer I'd appreciate it :)
  • JHoelck0928
    JHoelck0928 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!!!!!!
  • MrsSassyPants
    MrsSassyPants Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You look awesome.
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Tremendous effort. Looking at your photos should make girls want to lift. Do your hair next time though :P

:sick: says the guy with headless torso pic.

fittiephd - YOU ARE LOOKING GREAT! Be so proud of yourself
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!