A LADY WHO LIFTS - 1 year of progress! (pics)

Options

Replies

• beenisafe
    beenisafe Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    U r just amazing. Wow. Thanks for the share and all the information.
  • BrandiBoo84
    BrandiBoo84 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting! Yesssss you look great!
  • fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    WOW, you look great!

Can I ask how many minutes each of your workout sessions are? Also if you had to lose a larger amount of weight (like 15-20 pounds) would you do cardio then? Or still just skip all cardio and just lift?

I really need to read this book. I realize these answers are probably in the book but if you have a chance to answer I'd appreciate it :)

Hey!

The length of the workouts varies. Today I was at the gym for about 45-60 minutes. Stronglifts 5x5 is a pretty quick workout because it's only 3 lifts. NROLFW is notoriously longer, though sometimes the workouts are shorter depending on the stage and also depending on how many sets you do (they usually tell you to choose either 3 or 4 sets after the first stage) You can adjust your workouts and your rest periods as needed.

If you don't like cardio then you can definitely skip cardio and only lift even when you have weight left to lose. Lifting will get your heart rate up just like cardio does if your'e lifting heavy enough. NROLFW tells you to avoid cardio during stage 1 because your muscles are getting used to lifting and need all the rest they can get, but after that it incorporates 15 minutes of HIIT after every other workout, so you could choose to do that if you'd like.

I personally recommend NROLFW for beginners, but I've seen some people do LiveFit or Starting Strength or even Stronglifts as beginners and have great success.

Message me if you have more questions!
  • fittiephd
    Options
    Tremendous effort. Looking at your photos should make girls want to lift. Do your hair next time though :P

:sick: says the guy with headless torso pic.

fittiephd - YOU ARE LOOKING GREAT! Be so proud of yourself

HAH I know right. Prettyyyy sure my hair has nothing to do with my success. Better make sure my hair and make up are perfect next time so I can maintain my femininity while I get all these muscles :tongue: :noway: LOL

and thanks :D
  • trellshantel
    trellshantel Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    you look amazing!!!
  • SlowlyShrinkinginCA
    SlowlyShrinkinginCA Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Would love to learn more about this. Was flipping through some pages on Amazon and was able to read a lot on their theories, but does the book also give guidelines and actual workouts? Thanks!
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Tremendous effort. Looking at your photos should make girls want to lift. Do your hair next time though :P

fittiephd - YOU ARE LOOKING GREAT! Be so proud of yourself

HAH I know right. Prettyyyy sure my hair has nothing to do with my success. Better make sure my hair and make up are perfect next time so I can maintain my femininity while I get all these muscles :tongue: :noway: LOL

and thanks :D

you rock
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Daaaaaamn girl! I want those quads.
  • Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 941 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • fittiephd
    Options
    Would love to learn more about this. Was flipping through some pages on Amazon and was able to read a lot on their theories, but does the book also give guidelines and actual workouts? Thanks!

Yup, the book has a meal plan, how to calculate your calories, 6 months worth of a workout plan and how to warm up and pictures demonstrating all the lifts etc
  • Litababy5
    Litababy5 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Whoa,,,,now thats progress. you are my motivation. you look super good.wowwww
  • ksuh999
    ksuh999 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Rawr!
  • fittiephd
    Options
    Rawr!

LOL!
  • ksuh999
    ksuh999 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    What can I say, you're a total hottie.
  • aikasm
    aikasm Posts: 63
    Options
    you look awesome, i can definitely tell a difference!
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    You are looking fantastic! Wow, what motivation! I have that book sitting on my shelf...as soon as I get my black belt test out of the way. :wink:
  • cardiodude
    Options
    very cool
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Those quads! Look at them!
  • michellelemorgan
    michellelemorgan Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful!
  • knyagrl
    knyagrl Posts: 20
    Options
    Yes, I'm glad to see more women ignoring that myth about weighlifting = bulking up! My mom and I enjoy lifting together when possible, and have seen definite benefits from it.

Question for you: does the book - or do you - have advice on exercises that tone up the thighs, specifically the inner thigh area?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!