Ever eat something that you really don't want to log?

Options

Replies

• KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty much sick and tired of logging anything. I haven't finished a full day's log in a long time. I'm also not getting the results that I want, but I wasn't back when I was doing my best to log everything, either.
  • KickyLegs
    KickyLegs Posts: 53
    Options
    Yes, and it motivates me to work out longer than I planned. For example, I had a 770 calorie burrito for lunch :( Now that I only have 21 calories for dinner, I must work out at least 60 minutes.
  • Asavitzk
    Asavitzk Posts: 66
    Options
    When I don't log things it's mostly because I simply forget. I've been trying to be good about logging it right before or right after I eat it but life gets so busy sometimes...

The embarrassment for bad choices does come into play a bit as well but my open diary + MFP friends help keep me honest and if I cheat I'm really only hurting myself.
  • lilred806
    lilred806 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I ate an entire bag of Reese's peanut butter cups. I logged it. I use mfp as research to see what I am doing and how it impacts my weight. Obviously if I leave out information my research won't be accurate. This is about me not anyone else. If my friends call me on my binge then so be it. I earned the comments. They are usually very supportive and help me to get back on track.
  • krayzieroach
    Options
    nope i log everything i consume -_-
  • CricketMcKinnis
    Options
    I do it all the time. That is why I can't lose weight.
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    This is probably silly, but I just made some delicious homemade stove top popcorn for a movie night with my husband. I didn't even attempt to calculate calories...I just split the bowl with my hubby. Afterward, I was trying to figure the calories...so confusing! In all probability, I could have eaten over 500 calories of popcorn! The recipe I used called for 3 tablespoons of oil and 1/3 of a cup of kernels. It made a nice sized bowl...and I ate half of it. It was pretty good, but I have no desire to put this on my diary. :(

Not sure if it's because I went waaay over my calorie target or maybe because I don't feel like I really know how many calories that I ate...

Can anyone else relate?

360 cals for the oil and next to nothing for the popcorn... consider that you probably didnt consume all the oil.. id say 300.... not bad really.. a lot of people binge into the thousands.... id say that popcorn was actually a pretty healthy snack...

ETA: more like 150 cals.. you ate half.... that a low cal snack... do it all the time if it was that good.... sounds like you found a healthy go to... fat isnt bad

if you wanna impress me you're gonna have to add a half cup of peanut butter, some marshmallows, choc chipc, toffee bits, and pretzels.. and eat it all by yourself
  • chatogal
    chatogal Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    the mfp data base says oil popped popcorn is 55 calories per cup. Look under "snacks, popcorn" Or just popcorn and scroll way down until you come to this listing under "s" for snacks. If you can estimate the number of cups in the bowl you'll have your calorie count. Of course if you added butter you'll have to figure that in too.

Let go of the guilt and shame. It's just food. Nobody is perfect. Going over your goal by a few hundred calories once in a while is not going to make you gain.
    yup....agree with this (if only it was that simple lol)
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    the mfp data base says oil popped popcorn is 55 calories per cup. Look under "snacks, popcorn" Or just popcorn and scroll way down until you come to this listing under "s" for snacks. If you can estimate the number of cups in the bowl you'll have your calorie count. Of course if you added butter you'll have to figure that in too.

Let go of the guilt and shame. It's just food. Nobody is perfect. Going over your goal by a few hundred calories once in a while is not going to make you gain.
    yup....agree with this (if only it was that simple lol)

it is that simple
  • Jamcnair
    Jamcnair Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    have you ever calculated your tdee? you can eat up to that amount and not gain...it makes me feel better when I go over
  • JackieAC1951
    JackieAC1951 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Usually I go over in the weekend, and I never want to log it in, especially if its a rest day! But when I do I usually find that I haven't gone over by too much, so I can get rid of that guilty feeling! Dont beat yourself up, just do a little more in your next workout!

:flowerforyou:

Bump, bump!
  • frazzlecg
    frazzlecg Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Everything gets logged. Even the screwups. But i dont screw up all that bad cuz i know that i will be logging it.

The diary is for you anyway. Youre logging or lying to yourself. If i had a bad day, i plan out the next 2 days in stone.
  • frazzlecg
    frazzlecg Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Food for thought - "What you eat in private, you wear in public"! :laugh:

^^^This!
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Every damn day!
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I really don't have a problem with logging anything I eat, it's the damn alcohol I consume on the weekends that I hate logging (but I still do). I picture my diary stalkers calling AA on a regular basis for me! :drinker:
  • sarahhuff08
    sarahhuff08 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    i think that is a great idea if you deprieve yourself from things you crave you will fail. i have days where i eat candy with easter coming i am eating candy i will log it and stay with in my caloriec range
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I did yesterday. LOL. 4 hedgehogs (chocolate truffles) at 130 cal a piece but I logged it anyways. This was hard because I am almost always perfect with my diet and I am a clean eater (My definations: no processed food but I also do no dairy and no wheat) These little truffles had dairy, processed sugar and processed fats. BAD BAD day lol. Oh well we all have them.
  • duckiec
    duckiec Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I don't want to log it, not because I don't want to be accountable for it, but because it's a pain in the butt to try to figure out what to add. Example: matzo toffee. Some matzo, butter, brown sugar, choc chips, then white/butterscotch/milk chips on top. We call it matzo crack.

Even if I try to create a recipe, how many servings is it? If i measure grams, the cals are going to change based on how many of what kind of chip are on top. How to average? I'm sure its a lot, but how many?

I quick add a high amount of calories and put a note in the diary. Its a guess at best, but whatever. I'm usually well under for the week, and I don't eat it often. There's other stuff like that too, I try to enjoy and move on. Maybe get some extra cardio in.
  • dlg1467
    dlg1467 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    My problem isn't that I don't want to log is that I haven't a clue what to put down. Mostly when we get together with friends we'll have wine (I can count that), but we'll have nuts and cheese and crackers and salamis and olives and all that kind of good nibbly things. By the time we're done I haven't the foggiest idea what I've eaten, so I don't know how to log it.
    Granted when I know we are visiting, I try to keep the rest of my day low to help make up for it
  • CATindeeHAT
    CATindeeHAT Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    This is probably silly, but I just made some delicious homemade stove top popcorn for a movie night with my husband. I didn't even attempt to calculate calories...I just split the bowl with my hubby. Afterward, I was trying to figure the calories...so confusing! In all probability, I could have eaten over 500 calories of popcorn! The recipe I used called for 3 tablespoons of oil and 1/3 of a cup of kernels. It made a nice sized bowl...and I ate half of it. It was pretty good, but I have no desire to put this on my diary. :(

Not sure if it's because I went waaay over my calorie target or maybe because I don't feel like I really know how many calories that I ate...

Can anyone else relate?

I've done this a million times before...

But I'm a firm believer that in order to change you have to be honest with yourself.

No matter how ugly and unhealthy the food may be, I make sure to log it. That way, when I'm not seeing the results I would like, I have no one else but myself to point the finger at.