Ladies, should a man be the only one to pursue?

Options
j4nash
j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
From another thread - "No; a lady should never make the first move. Always let a man pursue you."

Thoughts, opinions?

Replies

• zealousmissjj_wechange
    Options
    Don't agree! If I see something I like, I'll go after it. Or at least let him know I'm interested.

I do however love when a man pursues me :love:!
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Don't agree! If I see something I like, I'll go after it. Or at least let him know I'm interested.

^I like this type of thinking.
  • Cherryblosm3
    Cherryblosm3 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Um. pretty sure ive ALWAYS done the perusing. I'm impatient, and i hate games. :) If i want it, i go after it. and Ive noticed guys kinda like the aggressive ones, so its pretty much always worked.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    If you want it..go get it ;)
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    i think a lot of women would agree that, while it is nice to be pursued, it's not worth missing out on something that could be great just because they were waiting for someone else to act.
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    No. If you really want something go get it. How silly to sit there and wait for a man to pursue you.
  • dodihere
    dodihere Posts: 490
    Options
    Yes. I prefer a woman to show interest and if a man likes they pursue.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in waiting around for a man to do things for me. If I want or need something, I make it happen.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Depends. What's more important.. the person or playing games?
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    From another thread - "No; a lady should never make the first move. Always let a man pursue you."

Thoughts, opinions?
    If that were the case I would not be in my current relationship. Not because I wouldn't have been interested but I would not have known she was, so would probably not have made the first move. So I for one don't agree with that statement at all.
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    No. If you really want something go get it. How silly to sit there and wait for a man to pursue you.

Exactly.
  • _Kitten_Kate
    _Kitten_Kate Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Hmmm.... I have always thought and/ or been told that women in pursuit are seen as desperate. Or needy.
    I will let a man know I like him. Even if its telling him just that.
    But I want him to pick up the ball.
  • sbbhbm
    sbbhbm Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Hmmm... last time I checked my calendar I distinctly remember it not saying 1908.

If I want someone- I have them.
    End statement.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    No. I have nothing against telling someone that I like them. To me a true, fun, giving relationship is the one that goes back and forth. In reality, the pursuing isn't ever really done...not for me...we're constantly chasing each other, teasing each other, pursuing, competing, and keeping it fun and lively.

so what if I said it first....he's said other things first.....

my only thing is that it should never always be onesided....

that's what I think it should never be.
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    Hmmm... last time I checked my calendar I distinctly remember it not saying 1908.

If I want someone- I have them.
    End statement.

Actually, it is 2208...inside the matrix it is 2013.
  • Momf3boys
    Momf3boys Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    If I want something, I must make it mine :devil:
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    My opinion is that being single trumps all.

However, it is always good when a girls comes onto to you. Eliminates all second thoughts pretty quickly.
  • neacail
    neacail Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I've never been one to wait for something to happen. It I want it, I pursue it: and that includes men. I tend to intimidate a lot of men, and if I waited for them to find the courage I could be waiting a really long time.

I chose/pursued my other half. I saw exactly what I wanted. I went for it, and he and I have been together for six very happy for years. It isn't perfect, but it is pretty close. He admitted to me that he never would have asked me out, even through he wanted to, as he was so smitten he could barely even talk to me.
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    Personally I wouldnt pursue a man. Not because I'm a woman, but because I'm just shy. But if a woman wants to pursue a man, she should!
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    If I'm attracted to someone, I let it be known, and I give an open once in a while to let him know I'm interested and that I won't shoot him down. But really, I don't want to be bothered with the pursuing.