Ladies, should a man be the only one to pursue?

Options

Replies

• BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    If you want something to happen, you have to let him know you're interested. I don't think "pursue" is the right word.

___

pur·sue
    /pərˈso͞o/
    Verb

Follow (someone or something) to catch or attack them.
    Seek to form a sexual relationship with (someone) in a persistent way.

Synonyms
    follow - chase - hunt - prosecute - track

___

Kinda sounds like fun, though.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    I pursued my man...hard. He married my crazy *kitten* too. :D

Not real sure what he was thinking there...
    :huh: :huh:
  • BoomstickChick
    BoomstickChick Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I think most women prefer to not make the first move. I know I don't like to, but we live in 2013. Why can't a woman make the move if she wants to?
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    No. If you really want something go get it. How silly to sit there and wait for a man to pursue you.

This.
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options

I'd be afraid.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Yes women should persue men. Now if we could only get them to actually do it for reasons that aren't completely shallow and superficial. Good luck with that though!

dude, for reals, is there ANY subject about interactions between men and women that you won't throw a wet blanket on? i don't know what that chick did to you, but you got your bitterness dialed to 11, and it's harshing my mellow.

everybody gets hurt at some point, you just have to learn to

vm68MUJ.gif
  • JessicaZen
    JessicaZen Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    we are in a modern day and back in the day I pursued whoever and whatever I wanted for what I wanted Spyder and I were different we became best friends before we started dating and that was even aftewr I moved in with him 3 weeks after I moved in we started dating so it works both ways I guess but women should pursue what they want.
  • amber0600
    amber0600 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    In all the years I knew my husband I had never seen him chase a woman. He had set rules she needed to be his equal. So when I could stand up I pursued him. Been together 4 years now
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,303 Member
    Options
    Pursuit is not the same as First Move.

First move? It is very sexy when a woman makes the first move even if it is to give the OK for the guy to pursue her.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    I think most women prefer to not make the first move. I know I don't like to, but we live in 2013. Why can't a woman make the move if she wants to?

I think a woman can and should make the first move if she see something she wants! It's just a matter of preference, really. I've done both, but I prefer when the man steps up. It's the romantic in me I guess! :-)
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I pursued my husband for 7 months...till he finally gave in...there are times when male/female gender roles should be thrown out...and these are one of those times...Married 9 years..!
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I pursued my current boyfriend two years ago and he was extremely happy I did so. He was unsure if I was into him or not and was scared of being rejected.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Yes women should persue men. Now if we could only get them to actually do it for reasons that aren't completely shallow and superficial. Good luck with that though!

dude, for reals, is there ANY subject about interactions between men and women that you won't throw a wet blanket on? i don't know what that chick did to you, but you got your bitterness dialed to 11, and it's harshing my mellow.

vm68MUJ.gif

Thank you. :flowerforyou:

P.S. I'm stealing the term "harshing my mellow" because I LOL'd.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    "Why must I be like that? Why must I chase the cat? ...nothing but the DOG in me..."

^^^Not sure why that jam came to mind. But I've always liked being the CAT! I've never been the persuer.

ETA: I was not into my husband when we first started hooking up. He was supposed to be a one nighter. I guess I impressed him and he went into full blown possesive mode. He won me over :love:
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    I would rather be pursued, but would pursue .
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options

vm68MUJ.gif

Epic pwn.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options

vm68MUJ.gif

This....you seriously walk around any more emo and you're gonna cut yourself on your computer screen...

jeez dude.
  • toomuchbootyindapants
    toomuchbootyindapants Posts: 811 Member
    Options

I didn't give him time to think...muahahaha....I said MINE! And I made him MINE! ALLL MINE! :P
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,303 Member
    Options

I didn't give him time to think...muahahaha....I said MINE! And I made him MINE! ALLL MINE! :P

Call that crazy but its also hot.
  • Deadra78
    Deadra78 Posts: 33
    Options
    I dont think there is ANYTHING wrong with a woman going after what she wants - AS LONG as she knows the difference between pursuit and stalking! LOL Just sayin!