What NOT to say to a bride....

Options
lavieboheme1229
lavieboheme1229 Posts: 448 Member
I've seen a lot of posts on "The Knot" and similar websites with things you shouldn't say or do to the bride. But I've got my own list that's a bit more realistic:

1- "Who did you sit me with? I really don't want to sit with So and So. And I can't sit with this one either." - you are at the table for an hour the whole night. Shut up and sit wherever the hell I put you.

2- "I changed my mind" - the ONLY person who is allowed to change their mind within a month of the wedding is the bride. Period.

3- "I'm bringing a guest" - did your invite say and guest? Well then guess what, you aren't bring a guest. It's that simple.

4- "What do you think about me wearing this?" - I'm only worrying about what I'm wearing. Show up in a paper bag for all I care- as long as that paper bag isn't white.

5- "We have a problem" -No, YOU have a problem, you're an adult, fix it.

6- "Sorry we're late, ::insert excuse here::" - My wedding isn't waiting for you. If you're late, you can wait in the damn parking lot.

I could go on and on. What would you add to the list? :flowerforyou:

Replies

• iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    "I do"
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    are you pregnant? is that why?..

in my day brides dressed like virgins... not sluts..

are you sure you should be wearing white?
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    u dont really look pregnant.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    "I do"

I love you....i do.....

He's right...you don't say "I do" to a bride.
  • lavieboheme1229
    Options
    are you pregnant? is that why?..

in my day brides dressed like virgins... not sluts..

are you sure you should be wearing white?

I had some version of this convo with my grandmother last night. She said "Are you wearing white?" and I said "Of course!". At this point, the conversation could have gone very poorly, but instead she said "Oh good, I'm glad".
  • futurestarz
    futurestarz Posts: 510
    Options
    HAHAHA My sister did #4 to me yesterday!!!

She asked me how she should wear her hair. I don't give F* how she should wear her hair. Her hair doesn't matter!! lol

Can you make sure my date sits at blank's table? ---My sister did this one too. She wanted her date, whom I've never met to sit at the table with my parents. She is insane!
  • futurestarz
    futurestarz Posts: 510
    Options
    "That dress is going to look stunning on you when you lose more weight" - my mom said that one.
  • sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Except whether or not there is an open bar. That's all I care about.
  • lavieboheme1229
    Options
    Brides are annoying. Nobody cares about your fu$king wedding.

you're an angry troll, aren't you?
  • sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I am a troll because I don't care to hear about weddings? My first wedding I was a bridezilla. Not cute. My second I had the mind set that a wedding doesn't make a marriage and my now husband had to practically force me into the small ceremony on the grass at the marina that we had. I just think weddings in general are annoying. But they are fun to attend. I just don't want to hear about the planning. LOL If that makes me a troll, spank me and call me Nancy. I shall take the role seriously.

ETA: They are fun when there is alcohol there.
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Nancy
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Oh this has me in stitches. I would add:

Are you taking this seriously? (An honest question I got when a family friend learned our best friend would be officiating the ceremony rather than a religious official. This was also 9 years ago and not very common.)

I was so shocked. I couldn't believe they asked me that. We're still married 9 years later so I would say YES we were taking it seriously! :)
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    I've seen a lot of posts on "The Knot" and similar websites with things you shouldn't say or do to the bride. But I've got my own list that's a bit more realistic:

1- "Who did you sit me with? I really don't want to sit with So and So. And I can't sit with this one either." - you are at the table for an hour the whole night. Shut up and sit wherever the hell I put you.

2- "I changed my mind" - the ONLY person who is allowed to change their mind within a month of the wedding is the bride. Period.

3- "I'm bringing a guest" - did your invite say and guest? Well then guess what, you aren't bring a guest. It's that simple.

4- "What do you think about me wearing this?" - I'm only worrying about what I'm wearing. Show up in a paper bag for all I care- as long as that paper bag isn't white.

5- "We have a problem" -No, YOU have a problem, you're an adult, fix it.

6- "Sorry we're late, ::insert excuse here::" - My wedding isn't waiting for you. If you're late, you can wait in the damn parking lot.

I could go on and on. What would you add to the list? :flowerforyou:

Bridezilla, much?

What fun you must be at parties.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    Brides are annoying. Nobody cares about your fu$king wedding.

Tell us how you really feel.
  • Pedalpush
    Pedalpush Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    "That dress is going to look stunning on you when you lose more weight" - my mom said that one.

*jaw dropped* I swear my mother would say something like that and not think twice... oi.
  • goldenbuni
    Options
    Note to self: never invite Jezebel to a wedding...or anything.
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Sorry the wife and the teens didn't come to the wedding. I know they said they'd come but they decided that they'd rather paint their bedroom tonight.

WTF!
  • peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    Options

I used to work for a wedding planning business and the table plan was always the most difficult thing. "Oh, we can't put her next to her, because they'll fight, but they need to be on the same table"

And also, what are you supposed to do for a top table if you have step-mothers and fathers? Very difficult...
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I can see there are several people on here who don't enjoy anything wedding/bridal, so I'm not sure why they are reading OR responding to this thread... perhaps they would have more fun participating on a thread that DOES match their interests.

The insane number of questions you get from guests and family are just hilarious. So many of my guests asked what they should wear... I told them what you did... whatever they are comfortable in, I'm just worried about dressing myself.
  • bebreli
    bebreli Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    HAHAHA My sister did #4 to me yesterday!!!

She asked me how she should wear her hair. I don't give F* how she should wear her hair. Her hair doesn't matter!! lol

Can you make sure my date sits at blank's table? ---My sister did this one too. She wanted her date, whom I've never met to sit at the table with my parents. She is insane!

Now I kind of think your sister should show up with the MOST atrocious hair ever!! Like dye it pink purple green and yellow teased up so it is as high as Marge Simpson.. since you know.. it doesn't matter :laugh: