What NOT to say to a bride....

Options

Replies

• sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Note to self: never invite Jezebel to a wedding...or anything.

Please don't. Unless you're inviting me somewhere we everyone will be naked.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Brides are annoying. Nobody cares about your fu$king wedding.

Is that you in your avatar jezebelgirl?
    If so, I love that dress. :smile:
  • sizzle74
    Options
    I can see there are several people on here who don't enjoy anything wedding/bridal, so I'm not sure why they are reading OR responding to this thread... perhaps they would have more fun participating on a thread that DOES match their interests.

The insane number of questions you get from guests and family are just hilarious. So many of my guests asked what they should wear... I told them what you did... whatever they are comfortable in, I'm just worried about dressing myself.

Diversity. It's a good thing.
  • Amcolecchi
    Amcolecchi Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    C'mon, you know you are reading this thread because there is a Devil's advocate in here!
  • sizzle74
    Options

Yes it is and thank you! Your kitty is so cute! I have a likely unhealthy love for cats :)
  • Jlbland123
    Jlbland123 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am a troll because I don't care to hear about weddings? My first wedding I was a bridezilla. Not cute. My second I had the mind set that a wedding doesn't make a marriage and my now husband had to practically force me into the small ceremony on the grass at the marina that we had. I just think weddings in general are annoying. But they are fun to attend. I just don't want to hear about the planning. LOL If that makes me a troll, spank me and call me Nancy. I shall take the role seriously.

ETA: They are fun when there is alcohol there.

Totally true! If more people would understand that weddings (and high- maintenance brides) don't make lasting marriages, there would probably be a lot less divorce. Don't think you are a troll at all :)
  • FORKDOWN
    FORKDOWN Posts: 1,754
    Options
    A white dress? ReallY?
  • lavieboheme1229
    lavieboheme1229 Posts: 448 Member
    Options

Bridezilla, much?

What fun you must be at parties.

I would be a bridezilla if I said this to people's faces. Instead I come on here and ***** instead :drinker:
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options

Yes it is and thank you! Your kitty is so cute! I have a likely unhealthy love for cats :)

Yeah I do too. lol
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Sorry the wife and the teens didn't come to the wedding. I know they said they'd come but they decided that they'd rather paint their bedroom tonight.

WTF!

If you had the same 6 things not to say as the OP, I'd rather stay home and paint, too.
    Just think, more food/cake for everyone else!
  • ohmynicoley
    ohmynicoley Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I got married last year at age 20 and I got "Is it because you're pregnant?"

"No b*tch, I am not pregnant. I am just fat and in love."
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    When I told a friend I had at the time that I didn't want her in the wedding (she INSISTED she be the maid of honor) because she was very unreliable and filled with drama, she threw a literal hissy fit and then showed up to the wedding wearing a formal gown in the color my bridesmaids were wearing "just in case you changed your mind and wanted me in the wedding."

O_o

So, what not to say to a bride when you're not part of the wedding planning or the wedding party? "I don't care what you want, I'm doing it anyway."
  • Only1Mickee
    Only1Mickee Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Please don't. Unless you're inviting me somewhere we everyone will be naked.
    [/quote]

Did someone say NAKED!!!
  • TinaBean007
    TinaBean007 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I am a troll because I don't care to hear about weddings? My first wedding I was a bridezilla. Not cute. My second I had the mind set that a wedding doesn't make a marriage and my now husband had to practically force me into the small ceremony on the grass at the marina that we had. I just think weddings in general are annoying. But they are fun to attend. I just don't want to hear about the planning. LOL If that makes me a troll, spank me and call me Nancy. I shall take the role seriously.

ETA: They are fun when there is alcohol there.

Totally true! If more people would understand that weddings (and high- maintenance brides) don't make lasting marriages, there would probably be a lot less divorce. Don't think you are a troll at all :)

Weddings are only fun if the bride isn't bridezilla. Hint: If you don't care about your guests, you're bridzilla. I had a huge wedding and spent a lot of time planning. I couldn't imagine thinking some of those things.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I prefer to say nothing to brides.

Everything seems to piss them off.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    "Don't forget you need to invite _______________." That always irked me, we wanted just our close family and friends there, but to avoid any drama (isn't planning a wedding enough?:wink: ) I invited whoever I was "supposed" to invite.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    The only faux paux I had at my wedding was that it was a no-alcohol wedding. This was to ensure my father not showing up plastered and getting even further plastered.

He showed up sober but kept slipping out to his car to guzzle down the 24 pack of beer he stowed away. :noway:
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    My wedding was just my husband and I at the courthouse. I loved it! The only thing you should "NOT" have said to me was probably, "Oh hey, you forgot about this [immigration paperwork, travel cost, clothing necessity...]. It costs [anything other than "nothing" and I had a melt down]."
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    \sheesh. Bitter much?
  • pixied12
    pixied12 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    The worst thing that someone said to me at my wedding reception was "You were so rude." To which I replied, "Go home.":happy: