What NOT to say to a bride....

Options

Replies

• pixied12
    pixied12 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    "Don't forget you need to invite _______________." That always irked me, we wanted just our close family and friends there, but to avoid any drama (isn't planning a wedding enough?:wink: ) I invited whoever I was "supposed" to invite.
  • lizlkbg
    lizlkbg Posts: 566
    Options
    "GOD, your SISTER looks GORGEOUS...ohyoulooknicetoo."

Yep, happened to me. :grumble:
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    i'd say don't call the bride the day before and day of asking her for directions to random places.

your hotel has a concierge. ask them how to get to chinatown.
    no i don't know where your hotel is, you booked it. oh it's in X suburb? i have no idea where that is. i don't live in the suburbs.
    directions to the rehearsal dinner from X suburb? i have no idea. well how am i going to get there? i'm going to get into a taxi and say "take me to Y please."
    what's the address of the venue? i have no idea. again i will just get in a taxi and say "take me to y please" read the invitation.

truly with the exception of my biological father being a total *kitten* and my dress not arriving until the day before this is the only bridal complaint i had during the whole process. though i do wish my vendors would have stopped trying to get me to freak out. them - "what do you think about this color of plate?" me - "i don't care." them - "but it's your wedding!"
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I prefer to say nothing to brides.

Everything seems to piss them off.

False.

I was awesome. Didn't give a *kitten* about any thing. Now I think I should've been bridezilla just to have some fun f*cking with everybody. *sigh* too late now.

Had the best day. Things went horribly wrong but we laughed and just went with it. Even had people tell us it was a sign we wouldn't make it....been almost 11yrs so I think we're ok.
  • pixied12
    Options
    My Mom put me through that too! "But so and so is getting you a gift!"
  • CollegiateGrief
    CollegiateGrief Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Brides are annoying. Nobody cares about your fu$king wedding.

This. If I really like you I will show up. B*tch to someone else.
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Number one thing not to say to a bride, "I do."

Run man. Just run.
  • sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Options

This. If I really like you I will show up. B*tch to someone else.

You're so bitter.
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    My Mom put me through that too! "But so and so is getting you a gift!"

my mom did that.
    none of those people rsvp'ed.
    not a single one of them sent a gift.
  • pixied12
    Options
    Actually, no alcohol was a good thing! Your Dad made his choice.
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Except whether or not there is an open bar. That's all I care about.

Hahahahaha right there with you. And there never is at the weddings I get invited to. :angry:
  • jess7386
    jess7386 Posts: 477 Member
    Options

you're an angry troll, aren't you?

I'm getting married next April. I do realize that my wedding isn't the biggest thing everyone around me has on tap. I'm realistic. I know that it's just one day to everyone else, because I feel the same way about other people's weddings. As a bride, I'm going to enjoy an expensive day surrounded by the people I love. Ultimately, all people care about having a great time & that the *couple* (not the bride) walks away from the wedding happy.

I think the expectation the world revolve around you because you're getting married is absurd.

**Note: I also hate all the "I'm the bride, it's my day!" BS. It's not your day. It's your and your husband's day.

Also, maybe people are asking you what they should wear because they are afraid of your reaction if they pick the wrong thing??!
  • pixied12
    Options
    I told her, "It's my wedding reception, shut up!"
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Wow. My sister is getting engaged Wednesday (she obviously doesn't know yet), so I'm just checking to see what I have to look forward to. She'll definitely be a bridezilla because she already is. I've been married and didn't bother with a wedding. If I get married again I still probably won't have one.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    **Note: I also hate all the "I'm the bride, it's my day!" BS. It's not your day. It's your and your husband's day.

:drinker:
  • bebreli
    bebreli Posts: 229 Member
    Options

you're an angry troll, aren't you?

I'm getting married next April. I do realize that my wedding isn't the biggest thing everyone around me has on tap. I'm realistic. I know that it's just one day to everyone else, because I feel the same way about other people's weddings. As a bride, I'm going to enjoy an expensive day surrounded by the people I love. Ultimately, all people care about having a great time & that the *couple* (not the bride) walks away from the wedding happy.

I think the expectation the world revolve around you because you're getting married is absurd.

Also, maybe people are asking you what they should wear because they are afraid of your reaction if they pick the wrong thing??!

:drinker: Thank you!! It is a celebration.. have fun and Congratulations! Nice outlook (I had the same ..and I would have totally helped a friend or family member pick clothes or discuss their hair!)
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Actually, no alcohol was a good thing! Your Dad made his choice.

Thank you. He did. He was, outside of being stumbling drunk, surprisingly polite. He didn't take the bait when my mother decided to ***** at him about their marriage (which had been done with for nearly over 20 years at that point.) All in all it was a good day.
  • ianlikesholidays
    ianlikesholidays Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi
    These days there is absolutely nothing to benefit men in marriage, and when it all goes wrong they lose out "big time".
    Ian.
  • jess7386
    jess7386 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Thank you dear.

At the end of the day you are a hosting people at an event, and thus you should act like a host.

Plus it would bother me to sweat the small stuff. :drinker:

ETA: Meant for Bribri
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Save the money, just go on honeymoon.