What HEALTHY foods are you craving and/or do you just LOVE?

Options

Replies

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Also fresh mangoes...sooooo delish!
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    sweet potatoes, kale, fennel, sweetcorn - I crave them all!
  • imparo
    imparo Posts: 1
    Options
    LOVE roasted coconut chips, avocado, frozen grapes, napa cabbage, hummus, savory oatmeal (with spinach and a easy over egg), spinach in general, peanut butter, soft boiled eggs, quinoa, pistachios, cashews...yuuuumm!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    I think one of my fave snacks is strawberries with goat's cheese, and kalamata olives! YUM! Also, I could eat avocado on absolutely anything, and I love peaches, raspberries, oranges, and pineapple.

Sounds fabulous and fresh pineapple (rather than canned) is just plain wonderful to me now. I wan't a big fan of pineapples, until I started buying them fresh--now I really love them!
  • madlymadly
    madlymadly Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Chips & Salsa! Senior Fields Chipotle Salsa to be specific. Even though the chips are organic, they're the pitfall in my healthy eating plan. More and more I am becoming an avocado fanatic too. Just avocado with a pinch of sea salt—don't need the chips with this snack—heaven!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    popcorn...I'm making popcorn (with raw coconut butter on top) one of my new and special goodies/treats!

If anyone has any terrific healthy popcorn toppings suggestions, please do add some!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Well, since I read the OP I'm now kind of craving some roasted cabbage. I'm also kind of craving the quinoa salad I am going to make tonight for a potluck thing at work tomorrow. I really LOVE quinoa salad.

I love many healthy foods. Most vegetables, most fish and shellfish, many whole grains (except cooked oats - wish I did, though), many fruits, I actually prefer lean meats to fatty (I have never understood why people like meat fat :sick: ).

I could easier list the healthy foods I don't like than those I do.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Hummus! Love it!!!

Oh yeah!! Hummus may be the food I crave most often.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Grilled Tilapia and steamed brussel sprouts with spray butter. Mmmm....think that will be dinner.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Well, since I read the OP I'm now kind of craving some roasted cabbage. I'm also kind of craving the quinoa salad I am going to make tonight for a potluck thing at work tomorrow. I really LOVE quinoa salad.

I love many healthy foods. Most vegetables, most fish and shellfish, many whole grains (except cooked oats - wish I did, though), many fruits, I actually prefer lean meats to fatty (I have never understood why people like meat fat :sick: ).

I could easier list the healthy foods I don't like than those I do.

:heart: Girllllll, I had to "scratch that itch" and I got all the fixing today and will have smothered cabbage, my yummy sweet potato, and I'm also having a bit of homemade cornbread dressing/stuffing with a piece of cranberry sauce TONIGHT! I am loving healthy foods more and more and more each day I eat and drink them and crave them now too!
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Juicing Anything with GINGER...FRESH Ginger Root! Green Tea!!! Raw Spinach!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Juicing Anything with GINGER...FRESH Ginger Root! Green Tea!!! Raw Spinach!

Me too...LOVE ginger, fresh raw ginger in my veggie juices, meats, soups...ginger is fabulous and smells just a delicious as it taste!
  • mrsfoster102613
    mrsfoster102613 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not (and you probably won't) but I crave "green lemonade." I juice a head of celery, five or six leaves of kale, an apple, a lemon and a tablespoon or so of fresh ginger. I drink it almost every day. When I don't have it, like today, I absolutely miss it.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Believe it or not (and you probably won't) but I crave "green lemonade." I juice a head of celery, five or six leaves of kale, an apple, a lemon and a tablespoon or so of fresh ginger. I drink it almost every day. When I don't have it, like today, I absolutely miss it.

Hahahah, that's what I call my green juice..."Green Lemonade" because that what some of them taste like--because I add a lot of organic lemons with the rind still on them. Other ones (when I add hot cherry peppers or jalapeno peppers) and organic tomatoes and my ever present garlic (and lots of it) can taste like a TACO of all things (that's what my children say it tastes like:laugh: ).
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    roasted wild caught salmon --YUM
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Do cashews count? Because I love them way too much. I even wonder if I already posted about my love for cashews in this thread already. I love them that much.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    Natural peanut butter. I could eat it all day every single day.
  • FitMrsR
    FitMrsR Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Mexican black bean lettuce wraps with salsa, yogurt, and jalapeños OMG amazing!
  • javajinny
    javajinny Posts: 78
    Options
    Edamame Corn Salad (edamame, corn, onions, red peppers, tomatoes, garlic, and feta cheese)
    Pomegrante (so sad they're out of season now!)
    Kale and Leeks Potato Soup
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    Raw string beans
    Almonds
    Raw carrots
    Natural PB
    Bananas
    Stewed tomatoes
    Grilled white fish
    Spinach