What HEALTHY foods are you craving and/or do you just LOVE?

Options

Replies

• Wilbur_NOLA
    Wilbur_NOLA Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I could eat/drink homemade smoothies all day. My favorite is one made with almond milk, raw spinach, unsweet cocoa powder, natty pb, vanilla protein (trutein), frozen banana, rolled oats, ice, and topped with ff whipped cream.
  • Nightterror218
    Nightterror218 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Lately I have been craving salmon. Helps liking in Alaska and I stock up during summer and have tons in my freezer.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I could eat/drink homemade smoothies all day. My favorite is one made with almond milk, raw spinach, unsweet cocoa powder, natty pb, vanilla protein (trutein), frozen banana, rolled oats, ice, and topped with ff whipped cream.

Wow, I make this protein drink daily from Hemp Protein Powder, Amazing Grace Green Grass (Wheat Grass, Alfalfa, Barley Grass) loaded with organic berries and mangos and Flax milk...honey, let me tell you--this is the BEST stuff in the world. NO ice cream or chocolate can touch it...it's MEGA yummy and if it weren't so dog gone good for me...I *may* feel guilty drinking it daily, it's the YUM BOMB!!!!!
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Homemade Hummus (can garbanzo beans drained, 1 lemon for juice, garlic powder, onion powder, and enough olive oil to make it the consistancy I like) served up with some red bell peppers, radish, and sometimes mushrooms. Celery could go good too.
  • rmchapman4
    rmchapman4 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    avocados, bananas, cherries (Rainer), any type of berry
  • tresmommy86
    tresmommy86 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Homemade kale chips! A little cooking spray (saves calories on oil), kale, and sea salt. Set the oven to 350, bake to desired crispness. Satisfies my chip craving everytime!
  • booboo68
    booboo68 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    A mixture of fresh strawberries, blackberries and blueberries with sugar free Cool Whip on top. Love this!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Organic homemade Salads...all kinds baby arugula, spinach, kale, romaine, and butter lettuce w/radicchio and and loaded with mushrooms, cucumbers, kalamata olives, avocado,various sprouts and all kinds of stuff! I used to HATE salads...now I CRAVE them daily.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    guys.

I just had jamaican oxtail for the first time.

easily my new favorite meat dish. just.... just the greatest thing ever. new item for the shopping list!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    guys.

easily my new favorite meat dish. just.... just the greatest thing ever. new item for the shopping list!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Reading this makes me SMILE:smile::smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

My father used to make Ox Tail Stew ALL the time when I was a child and I refused to eat it ever (so I've never tasted it to this day). I also refused to eat macaroni and cheese, lobster, sweet potatoes, even fried chicken & hamburgers and lots of other stuff back when I was a kid, because of the way it looked or smelled, but once I got to be older, discovered how very much I'd been missing all those childhood years. I haven't thought of Ox Tail Stew is 40+ years, I'm going to have to check it out--thank for posting this!
  • shivles
    shivles Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I make overnight oats in little cup sized pots with lids (easy to grab one and a spoon in a rush in the AM) and I swear I could eat them forever, little pots of gorgeous! I also crave fish a lot these days and sweet potatoes!
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    lately i am on a steamed artichoke kick. I eat two with lemon butter for dinner. Delish!
  • CoachReddy
    Options
    guys.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Reading this makes me SMILE:smile::smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

My father used to make Ox Tail Stew ALL the time when I was a child and I refused to eat it ever (so I've never tasted it to this day). I also refused to eat macaroni and cheese, lobster, sweet potatoes, even fried chicken and lots of other stuff back when I was a kid, because of the way it looked or smelled, but once I got to be older, discovered how very much I'd been missing all those childhood years. I haven't thought of Ox Tail Stew is 40+ years, I'm going to have to check it out--thank for posting this!

oh i was a super picky kid myself. thank god we grew out of it!
  • tnq1019
    tnq1019 Posts: 65
    Options
    pb2, sweet potatos, cauliflower crust pizza, ground turkey, hummus, protein pancakes and spaghetti squash pasta with ground turkey and fresh veggies i get alot of my recipes from hello healthy on instagram shes my saving grace and the one that really got me obsessed with clean eating and turned it into my lifestyle!
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    guys.

If you like that, Coach, you'd probably like osso buco too. Here's a video link to a cooking segment, showing how to make it. Enjoy! http://laurainthekitchen.com/all/episode.php?episodenumber=353
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Spinach. I can't get enough lately.

Oatmeal (homemade with dark brown sugar, cinnamon, and some real butter), egg whites, oranges, broccoli...the list could go on...
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I've been craving beets lately---must buy some today! I make beet salad with them. Just boil them up, slip the skins off, dice them, add in some chopped scallions. Mix some real mayo, dijon mustard, full-fat yogurt and lemon juice (all to taste) and then mix in to the diced beets and chopped scallions. Mmmmmm.
  • CoachReddy
    Options
    guys.

If you like that, Coach, you'd probably like osso buco too. Here's a video link to a cooking segment, showing how to make it. Enjoy! http://laurainthekitchen.com/all/episode.php?episodenumber=353

yes! I'm all about the marrow. thanks for that!
  • CoachReddy
    Options
    guys.

yes! I'm all about the marrow. thanks for that!

In fact, I just went to Whole Foods and grabbed two bone-in beef shanks! Local, pasture-raised and only $7.99/lb

Who said healthy and environmentally conscious can't be affordable?
  • MonaMel01
    MonaMel01 Posts: 18
    Options
    BRUSSEL SPROUTS! I can't get enough!