C'mon MFP!!!SHow your inner NERD !?!?!?!?

Options

Replies

• djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    I am an electronics engineer working on missile systems. That makes me, by definition, a rocket scientist. Nerd doesn't even begin to describe me.
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    I bought BIOSHOCK Infinite today...........I see many a late night in my near future :devil: Oh and beer
  • chm2616
    chm2616 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    ummm my students have a concert tonight and are playing some Star Wars...I plan on attending and my hair is up in Leia buns.

:bigsmile:
  • TssCnn
    TssCnn Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I still own and play the NES.
    Anything Marvel Comic related I am all over it!!

Ohh...I may or may not have recently purchased some storm trooper "bedroom clothes"
  • Gemalar
    Gemalar Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    My inner nerd would fit right into "The big bang theory" as a female Sheldon type character lol

Im into my Science tho for me its mainly Biology and Chemistry and I game, tho I don't read comics I read about 4 books a week....God bless the kindle app :D
  • geminigrey
    geminigrey Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Show it? I have no idea how to hide it.

As is evidenced by my collection of Avengers art work hanging in my living room.

il_570xN_374838192_ko7t_zps7cbcb427.jpeg

Nice! Is there a link to whoever does these? Would love to get the Thor one.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Remember when being a nerd was a bad thing? I dont watch a lot of TV and movies, but my screen name is an homage to my love of fruit flies.

Nice to see some real nerds.

And imma gonna cause some controversy here but watching some TV shows, reading a few books, and collecting things a nerd does not make probably closer to dork, but a true nerd can derive or tell you the periodic table from A-Z just saying but if you carry the nerd card youve earned it via a few wedgies or egging.
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    My nerd is worn on the outside.

I read 2-3 books a week.
    I'm a gamer. Nothing too hardcore, but I enjoy my SNES games and the occasional online game.
    My next tattoo (as soon as I have the money) will be from Legend of Zelda
    I am currently living in Japan (and trying to find a way to stay here forever)
    I will watch through LotR 2-3 times in a week.

Those are just to name a few. I also married a computer programmer who puts my nerd to shame.
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    I am currently making my own Emma Frost costume for comicon. I'm even thinking about doing a couple versions since I will be going to at least 2 days.
  • BEERRUNNER
    Options
    ummm my students have a concert tonight and are playing some Star Wars...I plan on attending and my hair is up in Leia buns.

:bigsmile:

Soooooo need some company for that concert good lookin??? :flowerforyou:
  • loriepaulin
    loriepaulin Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Ok.... you asked for it.

I have the original Atari from 1982 with all the games.

Nice!!!!! I have a Turbo grafx 16 with Bonks adventure and Slaughterhouse!!!!!!:bigsmile:

I have 3 nintendo, a sega, 3 dreamcast, a 64, a super nintendo, a n-cube ,a Wii, and a playstation 3

Still have my Sega to play Sonic! LOL my old nintendo from growing up and the Atari with Pitfall lol
  • KathPearce
    KathPearce Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I have an Autobot tattoo....<.<

you rule!
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options

Those are just to name a few. I also married a computer programmer who puts my nerd to shame.

My hubby is a software development manager, he also puts my nerd to shame. Don't tell him but I am enjoying the play by post D&D he has me doing.
  • loriepaulin
    loriepaulin Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Show it? I have no idea how to hide it.

As is evidenced by my collection of Avengers art work hanging in my living room.

il_570xN_374838192_ko7t_zps7cbcb427.jpeg

Nice! Is there a link to whoever does these? Would love to get the Thor one.

That is AWESOME!!!
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options

My hubby is a software development manager, he also puts my nerd to shame. Don't tell him but I am enjoying the play by post D&D he has me doing.

It's our little secret ;) I don't let my hubby talk me into participating in nerd activities together. Every time he gets me hooked on a game, he stops playing it after a month or 2 and then I have no one to play with and it isn't as fun anymore.
  • tallpixels
    Options
    All of the ringtones and notification sounds on my phone are from Nintendo and Sega games. When I turn my phone on it goes "Segaaaaaa" like in the beginning of Sonic the Hedgehog :P
  • BEERRUNNER
    Options
    I have no other side but nerd. The list of things I like and do would fill up a thread. :)

Do it!!!
  • LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Ahem. :happy:

30696_10150161214615360_1202654_n_zps0b75aaad.jpg

And if you don't know who that is, you make me cry :frown:
  • Jaulen
    Jaulen Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Remember when being a nerd was a bad thing? I dont watch a lot of TV and movies, but my screen name is an homage to my love of fruit flies.

Nice to see some real nerds.

And imma gonna cause some controversy here but watching some TV shows, reading a few books, and collecting things a nerd does not make probably closer to dork, but a true nerd can derive or tell you the periodic table from A-Z just saying but if you carry the nerd card youve earned it via a few wedgies or egging.

Not all nerds are into Chemistry......just sayin'.
    I've never been able to memorize the periodic table, or atomic numbers of the elements....

But I can quote the chemical formula for various minerals....
    And tell you their crystallography.

Some may be into physics...

Maybe Astronomy....

How 'bout biology/genetics...

Computer programming or hardware....

Mathematics....

Paleontology....

Maybe a smattering of Archeology....

Some of us may dabble in all of them.....I know I have just enough knowledge to be dangerous (although a whole heck of a lot of interest) in almost all of them (physics wigs me out)
  • tanashai
    tanashai Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Ok.... you asked for it.

I have the original Atari from 1982 with all the games.

Oh.... that brings me back :) My dad still has his Atari with a bunch of the games and I cut my video game teeth on it! He's also got an original SNES (I remember him bringing it home and my sister cut her video game teeth on it), N64, GameCube, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2 (that my husband and I bought for them so that they could get Tales of the Abyss and other fantastic RPGs), and a Wii. (Plus he created over a dozen games for the Commodore 64. I was doomed from the start, lol!)

As for myself and my husband, we collectively own a Playstation 2, a GameCube, an XBox 360, a Wii and Wii U, plus GameBoy Advance (and sp), DS, 3DS, a Playstation Portable, and of course a decent desktop for gaming (not a high end one though)

And I'm proud to say that our four year old son is continuing the tradition since he enjoys playing Kirby, Mario, Luigi's Mansion, Nintendogs and with his Leap Pad, lol! *sniff*

as for other Nerd stuff, we're all into Doctor Who, Fringe, Firefly, Star Trek (original gen), Futurama, own a good chunk of the superhero movies out there (including the 1990s Batman the Animated Series), Babylon 5, and Terra Nova plus a pile of other things that I honestly cannot remember.

Oh, and I'm an avid reader, going through, on average, about 12-15 novels a month, fantasy, urban fantasy and light sci-fi being my poison of choice.

No wonder I'm not the fittest person around, HA!