C'mon MFP!!!SHow your inner NERD !?!?!?!?

Options

Replies

• IronMikeFox
    IronMikeFox Posts: 458
    Options
    HA HA HA HA ... My wife reminds me of this all the time. I'll get all excited about something and will say something like, "Look at this Honey! Isn't this cool?!?!?" She will then, very sweetly, put her hand on my shoulder and say, "Sweetheart, you are a nerd. Things you think are cool are most definitely NOT cool." And yes, I like all things Sci-Fi. My favorite channel is the SyFy channel and I am working n writing my own sci-fi book. That being said, I also can also open a can of whoop-@ss, so I am totally comfortable embracing my nerdiness!
  • AlyssaJoJo
    AlyssaJoJo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    The SO has to deal with me quoting stuff no matter where we are. It can be nerdy stuff or just something from a movie. Last time was when we were in a local Pawn Shop and I started hitting the drumbs going " F*** YOU DALE!" Oooo step brothers.
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    The SO has to deal with me quoting stuff no matter where we are. It can be nerdy stuff or just something from a movie. Last time was when we were in a local Pawn Shop and I started hitting the drumbs going " F*** YOU DALE!" Oooo step brothers.

BAHAHAHA, that's awesome! I love Step Brothers!

I used to quote Freddy Got Fingered... a lot way back when but I quote movies all the time now a days, even when no one understands what I am talking about which then makes me very embarassed.
  • SlvrLyssa
    SlvrLyssa Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I feel a little late to this party, but my latest thing is I just bought a sweet *kitten* light saber, it's a silver War Glave with sound and a green blade and silver flash on clash with a blue lighted switch. I just got it this weekend. My husband and daughter also each have one, so now it's time to freak out our neighbors and make some videos!! :glasses:
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    I'm speaking on behalf of my husband but here it goes:

- We have 800+ pez dispensers
    - 3 LOTR's swords displayed
    - He has a Cobra tatoo from GI-Joe
    - Our cats name is Tomax (also from GI-Joe)
    - Approximately 50 boxes of Star Wars paraphenalia, plus 20-ish more of other various collectables.
    - He is working on constructing a Storm Trooper costume
    - Up until he finally tossed them, we owned every issue of Toy Fare
    - Has a couple binders full of Garbage Pail Kids cards
    - I once found a box full of empty , albeit in perfect condition, pop cans by Coke and Pepsi that he considered rare (ie. Star Wars, sports, movie related).
    - He had a shirt made with the Mike Tyson Punch Out code on it
    - He and his buddies made a movie called Video-Bot about a killer VHS tape.
    - Played Magic (and has been known to bust it out when his best friend is in town)
    - We cannot go into a store with a toy isle without him checking if they have any new SW's figures.
    - We own the entire X-Files collection
    - We also own the entire Buffy the Vampire Slayer collection
    - We own all of the Disney Saturday morning cartoons on DVD.

Needless to say some of this has rubbed off. I love LOTR's, Star Wars, X-Files, BTVS, and Roswell. On my own I'm a HUGE Harry Potter nerd, but my husband takes the cake in our household.

Wow awesome!! I also own a sword! and the X-files collection. My oldest comic book is a 1976 Fantastic four!
  • IronMikeFox
    Options
    I feel a little late to this party, but my latest thing is I just bought a sweet *kitten* light saber, it's a silver War Glave with sound and a green blade and silver flash on clash with a blue lighted switch. I just got it this weekend. My husband and daughter also each have one, so now it's time to freak out our neighbors and make some videos!! :glasses:

Sweet ... where did you get it? My son would sooooo love that. (And of course he and I would have an epic battle.)
  • IronMikeFox
    Options
    Wow awesome!! I also own a sword! and the X-files collection. My oldest comic book is a 1976 Fantastic four!

Nice! I have a ton of comics (mostly X-men and Wolverine) which I have passed down to my eldest son and I have season one of Highlander on DVD. I really miss that show! LOL
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Anyone into Conan? I know everyone here loves sci-fi , but can you get down with some pulp fantasy? The original Robert E. Howard stuff? Or maybe even H.P. Lovecraft? My bro in law got me illustrated Conan (by darkhorse, a P-town staple) and my fiancee got me illustrated Lovecraft and they are freaking awesome!

If you can dig on Conan, you can dig on Slaine. I dare you to read all of "The Horned God" and not make some kind of mess in your pants.

Does anyone geek out with ancient lit? I have this kind of obsession with Njal's Saga, The Tain Bo Culaigne, The Illiad, The Odyssey, Beowulf, stuff like that. I've kind of started to stray from t.v. / movies / video games, but the classics will always be classics.

Also, for the gentleman who cures his own meats, brews his own beer, etc. you are awesome. I brew, but haven't gotten into cheese and breadmaking like I want to, especially doing them in the most artisan ways possible.
  • JessieJanie
    JessieJanie Posts: 428
    Options
    Anyone into Conan? I know everyone here loves sci-fi , but can you get down with some pulp fantasy? The original Robert E. Howard stuff? Or maybe even H.P. Lovecraft? My bro in law got me illustrated Conan (by darkhorse, a P-town staple) and my fiancee got me illustrated Lovecraft and they are freaking awesome!

If you can dig on Conan, you can dig on Slaine. I dare you to read all of "The Horned God" and not make some kind of mess in your pants.

Does anyone geek out with ancient lit? I have this kind of obsession with Njal's Saga, The Tain Bo Culaigne, The Illiad, The Odyssey, Beowulf, stuff like that. I've kind of started to stray from t.v. / movies / video games, but the classics will always be classics.

Also, for the gentleman who cures his own meats, brews his own beer, etc. you are awesome. I brew, but haven't gotten into cheese and breadmaking like I want to, especially doing them in the most artisan ways possible.
    Oh my god I love Conan! The Frost Giants daughter is one of my favorite comics! I also have a replica of the sword in the Arnold movie version!
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Anyone into Conan?
    Me!
    conan03.jpg
    I know, I know..
  • LokiOfAsgard
    LokiOfAsgard Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I rp kid-Loki, Robin and Superman on online Roleplay
    My workouts are 'training in the batcave'
    Playlists are pretty much sci-fi movie scores
    I have three fish, Loki, Bat-fish and Harley

uhmm... I have a load of comics that I need to read
    I squeal at anything Batman or Superman

Oh and I have a batarang knife! *So excited*

Am I nerdy yet? :bigsmile:
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I play video games, have even written some fan-fic, and done some fan-art doodles. (pretty much only discussion I have had with my husband over the past year has revolved around the ending to ME3 and is Bioware a company to blindly trust any longer when buying a game?) Video game music is in my Google Play list rotation.

I would say no. They jumped the shark and stopped being trustworthy when they blindly folded to some internet commenters to change their story to what the howling masses wanted. I was quite sad that they did that, and I'm never going to buy another Bioware game.

Granted ,that doesn't mean I won't play another, I just won't buy another.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Dude those are awesome hobbies!!! A do it yourself man!!! love it!

I fix my cars myself..............I have NEVER taken any of my cars for a brake job. I once took a car apart just for kicks in summer. browke it down all the way to the block and put it back together. using a CHILTONS!!!!

I also brew beer.....But I kinda suck at it :bigsmile:

Even bad beer is better than market beer. KEEP DOING IT! I'm excited for my brew day on saturday. Doing up an Amber right smack dab in the middle of the BJC rules for a competition. I just hope to not be last in show. ;)

I envy your ability with cars. I can't work on them very well, I tend to break things, good hands on with the hammer too early, or I slice myself up to high hell and want to use a molotov cocktail. It's such a great skill to have.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I watch Firefly, Doctor Who, anything Whedon, Star Wars, Star Trek. 90% of my vacation time is used to go to conventions. I have more geeky shirts than normal clothes thanks to the LOOT thread in the Geek Squid group.
  • loriepaulin
    loriepaulin Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    inner geek here too....sci fi girl, fantasy, DC and Marvel Comic movies, Star Wars, Star Trek movies, The Lord of the Rings- yeah I am the chick that wants to go see Iron Man, Avengers, etc..., wore out my NeverEnding Story vhs tape as a kid and The Princess Bride....love to read my Harry Potter, Beautiful Creatures, series books. Love Walking Dead and True Blood. Gamer girl when I have the chance...mostly WoW though on my down time (weekends).
  • Jaulen
    Jaulen Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I play video games, have even written some fan-fic, and done some fan-art doodles. (pretty much only discussion I have had with my husband over the past year has revolved around the ending to ME3 and is Bioware a company to blindly trust any longer when buying a game?) Video game music is in my Google Play list rotation.

I would say no. They jumped the shark and stopped being trustworthy when they blindly folded to some internet commenters to change their story to what the howling masses wanted. I was quite sad that they did that, and I'm never going to buy another Bioware game.

Granted ,that doesn't mean I won't play another, I just won't buy another.

If you think the EC actually changed anything.......

But I will NOT get involved in a ME3 internet fight.

I WILL HOLD THE LINE!
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    I also collect key chains :bigsmile:
  • lizzzylou
    lizzzylou Posts: 325
    Options
    Show it? I have no idea how to hide it.

As is evidenced by my collection of Avengers art work hanging in my living room.

il_570xN_374838192_ko7t_zps7cbcb427.jpeg

That. Is. Awesome. Jealous.
  • seanezekiel
    seanezekiel Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I have no other side but nerd. The list of things I like and do would fill up a thread. :)
  • jrutledge01
    jrutledge01 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    maybe this is why i'm a sucker for gingers.

i <3 ...

Archie.jpg

sup ;)