Things That Ruin Your Workout!!!

Options

Replies

• rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    When you are running at the park and the dogs are horse playing, and run right into your path causing you to do a tuck and roll through the mud.
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    Plugging in my ear buds and realising my shuffle has run out of batteries - grrrrr
  • frompster
    frompster Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Don't talk to me when I'm on the elliptical, but you can when I'm strength training. :smile:

This! All day...
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Having to pee!

Seriously and I workout at an old Y with an old restroom and a urinal built for a 7 ft man... hate that s**t.
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Trying to workout with other people. I just don't *get* the "workout buddy" thing.

I agree!! I dont get that either!!

neither do I! We can go to the gym together BUT don't try to talk to me, don't rush me, just leave me alone and let me finish.
  • Felecia1923
    Felecia1923 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    My daughter thinks it is funny to climb between my legs and jump on me when I am doing anything on the floor or without electric equipment. I don't always get my workout in. but sometimes I am more sore from her jabbing me in the stomach or shin than my actual workout. lol
    I do have to admit though she is kind of right sometimes I can't help from laughing. Which I know just encourages her but she is so cute.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I keep spare earbuds in my car.
    Must have tunes.
  • hottamolly00
    hottamolly00 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    My baby crying. :(
  • Kifissia
    Kifissia Posts: 136
    Options
    When someone passes gas next to you in the middle of your cardio workout. :sick:
  • Shanel0916
    Shanel0916 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    When the gym is full, I'd rather be the only one there!
  • MissFitee
    MissFitee Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Being asked, in the middle of a deadlift set, if I need the plates laying next to me. Please, wait until I finish my set atleast. It only takes a minute. =( It's sort of hard to talk when I'm trying to keep my form right and abs tights so I don't tear something. lol
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Finding the foster dog chewing the brand new Roku remote you just bought to replace the one she already chewed up. That dog is lucky I didn't take her back to the shelter after that one.
  • Mavrick_RN
    Mavrick_RN Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I had my first gym/workout annoyance today! A dude hopped on a tread right next to me and proceeded to run using the bars to prop himself up. He ran for about 10 minutes then walked for about 6... running almost the WHOLE time using the side rails to hold himself up.

obnoxious.

I have seen someone do this before! Wtf? The guy I saw had the treadmill cranked up at a really high speed too. Weird...

And he's probably logging the full calorie burn. Doesn't the machine assume you're actually running, not propping yourself up.
  • AwkwardAlycia
    Options
    When your super cute little 100lbs soaking wet friend asks to come to the gym with you and gets bored..
    or Goes forever on the elliptical and asks why you can't breathe past the half hour mark.

Did you stuff her in the trunk on your way home??!!!

No but I should have, lol.

I just experienced another one! This guy this morning had REALLY squeaky sneakers... and he was on the treadmill for half an hour! *Squeak-Squeak* *Squeak-Squeak* *Squeak-Squeak*
    The worst part: One of my headphones is currently out of service! D:
  • bluefish49
    bluefish49 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Dude, you have lost 142 pounds?!?!? Keep holding on if need be. That is AWESOME! Though, I'm not sure about either piece myself. The holding on or how it bothers someone else's workout.

Thanks!

I do not run, but walk. I have been increasing my speed, but I still walk. I can feel the belt on the treadmill slip sometimes, and I really don't want to blow out my knee. So I hold on to the rails. How me holding on to the rails of the treadmill I am on impedes someone else's workout is still a mystery to me. (If I was hanging on to THEIR rails, maybe. LOL!) I also do 5K events on the pavement. No rails there, but no treadmill belt to slip either.

For those of you who feel that my holding the rails RUINS YOUR WORKOUT, please elaborate. And in the process, don't trip over the 142 pounds of junk that have piled up behind my treadmill.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Being in a really bad flare of ulcerative colitis.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    P.S: I have to hold onto the rails of a treadmill at least part of the time to stay centered. I tend to "wander" toward the right when I walk.
  • kellijauch
    kellijauch Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Forgetting my ipod or it going dead while running (that's the worst).

Also, when I do my sidebends and situps I do them in my living room watching tv. Sometimes I get too caught up in my shows and kinda stop without even thinking about it.
  • Mavrick_RN
    Mavrick_RN Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I suppose I would differentiate between "holding on to the rails" as a guide vs. "propping yourself up" as in pretty much defeating the purpose of walking.

And I agree it doesn't make sense that it would bother me that you're pretending to get a workout.

Edit - maybe you have ankle problems. Anyway, I'm getting over it.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    i dont get why people are so fired up about the hand rails. if it was bad for the workout why do they have them on there? they are usually there to hold your balance when youre moving your feet at faster than normal speeds.