• srey0701
    srey0701 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    not going in the first place!
  • csuhar
    csuhar Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    My dogs, they think I'm playing:)

Us too! Our dog brings her ball and jumps up on our legs while we are trying to exercise. It's cute but annoying at times. Then when we get on the floor to do crunches etc. she curls up next to me.

Same here. I've got a 60 pound Lab Mix who thinks that it's playtime any time I'm on the floor and she's got the energy. If I'm doing push ups, she tries to get under me. When I'm doing sit ups, she'll climb in my lap stand right by my head and stare straight down at me. So, of course, I can't sit up. Then there was the time she tried dropping her ball on the treadmill while I was using it. Apparently, the key is to get her tired before I start.
  • vals83
    vals83 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Forgetting a hair tie and when the cutie I've had a crush on for months now decides to do his shoulder shrugs behind me while I'm doing squats. Loose all focus and form. Awful.
  • srey0701
    srey0701 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    ...and forgetting the ipod.
  • SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    When I can't hear my own music on my iPod because someone in the gym decided to turn the radio up full blast mid-workout.
  • dough21
    dough21 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Intersections. lol When on my bike. XD
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    The guy that remembers his earbuds, wears them and sings along to his tunes...off key!
  • laurenellenmarie
    laurenellenmarie Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Um, theres this one guy...he doesnt necessarily RUIN my work out. Although, he does a lot of jumping around. Like...LOTS of jumping around. haha
  • ki4yxo
    ki4yxo Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Panic attacks suck in the middle of a work out.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    The guy that remembers his earbuds, wears them and sings along to his tunes...off key!

this is totally me minus the singing out loud but i do mouth the words every time
  • laurenellenmarie
    laurenellenmarie Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    My dogs, they think I'm playing:)

Us too! Our dog brings her ball and jumps up on our legs while we are trying to exercise. It's cute but annoying at times. Then when we get on the floor to do crunches etc. she curls up next to me.

Same here. I've got a 60 pound Lab Mix who thinks that it's playtime any time I'm on the floor and she's got the energy. If I'm doing push ups, she tries to get under me. When I'm doing sit ups, she'll climb in my lap stand right by my head and stare straight down at me. So, of course, I can't sit up. Then there was the time she tried dropping her ball on the treadmill while I was using it. Apparently, the key is to get her tired before I start.

ME THREE! Our dog jumps all over us and licks us to death whenever we're trying to do pushups or sit ups or just anything low to the ground.
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    When my earbuds won't stay in...

^^This exactly.
  • PonyTailedLoser
    PonyTailedLoser Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    People, generally.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Extreme body odor from other people. It's like some of these people never wash their gym clothes.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    The runs.

^ This. While running :grumble:
  • nicolej1016
    nicolej1016 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    #1 The man two treadmills down who keeps LOUDLY clearing his through and...well, 'hacking'. I do not think there is a polite way to describe the sounds he makes. It goes on for the whole time I am there. Note to self: find a time he is not there.

#2 When the earbuds will not stay in my ears. I must have oddly-shaped ears because they never stay in!
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    That not so fresh feeling :)
  • 6onald
    6onald Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Top three things that ruin my workout -

1) Forgetting my headphones. Being forced to listen to the music piped over the gym PA usually doesn't make me want to run, it tends to make me want to run away.

2) Slick equipment. Is it really that hard for people to wipe down a piece of equipment after they finish using it? They wouldn't like it if I rolled my sweaty body all over their car seat. It's just polite.

3) The gym apes. Dude. We all know you're jacked, intense, and a true physical specimen. Must you bellow to announce your presence every time you lift something? It's hard to focus on my workout when a swollen monstrosity is roaring beside you and slamming the weights down. I don't know if I should congratulate him for surviving the lift or duck for cover.
  • kymkan
    kymkan Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    my 6 year old "mom, mom, mom, mom" .... I can't think, answer a question and talk while I'm working out - I lose my concentration.
  • LadyPippen
    Options
    a bum knee