Most interesting scars

Options
tomomatic
tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
What's your most interesting scar? What's the story?

Me: Scar on sole of foot. I stepped on a sewing needle and it broke off in my foot. Doctors had to cut open my foot to get the broken piece out.

Replies

• dezcast
    dezcast Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I have one on my stomach. When I was a kid I was climbing rocks and there was a tree and I slipped and a small branch from the tree stabbed me. Had to break off the branch and get help. But that just shows you how big of an idiot I am
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I am a member of the zipper club. Had open heart surgery as a kid. Runs down the center of my chest. I love my scar because it means I'm alive!
  • jessicas082409
    jessicas082409 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have one across my forehead, ran into a wall when I was 5...have one across my chin where I got kicked by a horse, and I have a huge indention in my leg from where the bone came out when it broke. I'm surprised my parents are alive after what i put them through....
  • Kohadre
    Kohadre Posts: 316
    Options
    Small scar on left eye. Me and a childhood friend were dueling with baseball bats, and he whacked me in the eye which removed all the skin around that area. Fortunately I still have the eye though.
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    I have a pretty good one above my left eye from getting mashed with a crowbar.

Normally I leave out the part where I say that it was self inflicted but, y'all are my buddies!
  • Kohadre
    Kohadre Posts: 316
    Options
    Normally I leave out the part where I say that it was self inflicted but, y'all are my buddies!

Any sane person has at least one of those, maybe not with a crowbar but hey whatever works
  • tomomatic
    Options
    Burn mark on the back of my hand from when I was about 5 years old. I had decided to cook something while everyone was asleep. I burned my hand on the stove and woke up the whole house. I have the scar to remember it.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    One of my eyebrows is higher than the other. Slipped in the playground and grazed the entire right side of my face. Thankfully no real lasting damage.

Otherwise I have a couple of old scars from warehouse work (caught myself on a metal cage, dropped a box on my hand, mishandled a box cutter, etc) but nothing epic. Thank goodness.

Do stretch marks count? 'Cause I have PLENTY of those.
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    I have a scar on my left arm from a carpet knife. I gave a hug to someone who had it in his shirt pocket and when I slid down after he picked me up it cut my arm open.

I also have one on my right hand from my hubby showing me how a match burns twice when we 1st started dating...let's just say he didn't do that again. :devil:
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I have a knot on my wrist where the bone went through.
  • stetienne
    stetienne Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I have one around my big toe on my right foot...almost lost the toe in the spokes of a bike. But my favorite scar is a little one on my left index finger, right below the knuckle. I've had it as long as I can remember and have no idea where I got it :)
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I have scars on both hands (near my thumbs) and on both feet (near the ankle) from when I was in the NICU. Being poked with IV needles for months. I was born almost 3 mo. early, weighing in at about 2 lbs. Coincidentally, My daughter was born a little over 3 mo. early, weighing in at 1 lb 6 oz. She has the same scars and we have something in common. We're both miracle babies.
  • Leah_Alexis
    Leah_Alexis Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Scar on the palm of my right hand. I was stupid drunk at sports bar. Went to the bathroom and sat on the toilet. I leaned back pretty far so I wouldn't fall off the toilet. I ended up smashing the top back piece of the toilet to the floor. Lovely. I picked up all the pieces and tried to put it back together thinking that no one would know any better. Went outside and one of my girlfriends mentioned that my hand was bleeding - dripping on the floor. Ugh. We left right away. I mucked up my hand pretty good with all the sharp edges trying to piece the damn thing back together.
  • ltgarrow
    ltgarrow Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I have 3 scars with a story.

First, next to my right eye. At the ripe old age of 6, me and the next door neighbor kid decided that it would be a good idea to smash glass bottles on some rocks. Shortly after the injury, I tried to fashion a bandage out of fern leaves. It was a different time

Second, on my lip. While in the 1st grade, several of us kids thought it would be a good idea to knock down a tree on the playground at the school. We got it most of the way down, propped some rocks underneath it and everybody pushed down. Since there were now about 15 kids, and I being the only one who didn't hear the word move, got smacked in the face with the 3" round tree. Again those were different times....what playground teacher?

Third, on my pinkie. I'd love to blame on childhood, but it was only about 5 years ago. I slipped on the ice while carrying a large TV. I landed on it smashing my pinkie. The bone broke past the last knuckle, and the skin split all the way over then end. YEs, the bone fell out completely. I ran inside, wrapped it up and went to go to the hospital. On the way out the door, I found the piece of bone and brought it with me. Through the wonders of modern medicine, they put it back in and despite a rather nasty scar, I was as good as new.
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    The list is entirely too long.
  • MzIrish
    MzIrish Posts: 11,917 Member
    Options
    I have a few, but the one on my throat from thyroid surgery my daughter would say my mom was in a knife fight, you should see the other person...lol
  • peopletalk
    peopletalk Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    a scar on my right forearm. my grade three teacher wasn't watching what she was doing and she cut me really badly with scissors. it was an extremely deep cut..
    i always figured this teacher hated me lol
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I have a laundry list of scars from various surgeries I've had over the years.

The one in the back of my head gets the most attention.

Here it is:

bet3bd.jpg
  • tomomatic
    Options
    One on my head from when kids were throwing rocks at me in pre-school during recess. I didn't speak English and I was the only Asian kid in my class. The scar is in my scalp somewhere. I don't remember anything about it except for the blood and staring at the fence and wood chips when I went down.

Another time, I punched a window to set off an alarm system when the family business was getting robbed. I have the scar on my knuckles. This was probably the one that hurt the worst because it was on Thanksgiving day and the emergency room was understaffed and it got infected. Bad times.
  • Fighting4Healthy
    Fighting4Healthy Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    on my arm near my armpit....lol... I decided to jump on a clothesline and wrap it around my arm so I could be like Jane from Tarzan.... Well I got the yell right, and some nasty rope burn.

on my forehead by the hairline from one Christmas when I was jumping from bed to bed and my big brother was sleeping on the floor, I misjudged the distance from one bed to another and my head landed on his mouth and this tooth cut my forehead

on my back where my bra hooks went when I was 220 lb and trying to fit into a 34C bra when I was actually a 42D (I was in denial) and the hooks stuck out and into my back

on my stomach and ribcage 3 across my ribcage from gall bladder surgery in 2009 and one in my belly button one on my stomach and on right above my pubic bone from an appendectomy in 2008

I have more but those are the most memorable