Most interesting scars

Options

Replies

• firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    A wizard tried to kill me when I was younger, and I ended up with a lightning bolt on my head.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    I tore from my V to my A.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I have a scar that follows my lower lip line where I was bitten in the face by my iguana.

I have a big curved 4" scar over my heart. And 5" scars under my breasts.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    4" zipper on my right knee, courtesy of my disco roller-skate days (30+ years ago, that would be 4-on the floor--none of this modern rollerblading stuff.) Wiped out at 40 MPH while tricking outdoors going down hill.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    I have one on my backside from when I was a kid and was playing with e'hm "fireworks." The fuse I used on one was a tad short.

I also have one on my forefinger where it was slammed into a car door.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Scar from brain surgery on February 18th, 2013. More hair has grown in since this picture. Ultimately only the very small portion on my neck will be visible, but it's definitely the most interesting scar I have. I also have a small burn scar on my hand that happened while working in a restaurant in 1998 and it STILL itches almost every day!

6a2cd6aa-95a8-4562-83f5-1dfec3fc3822_zpsbfd31ae4.jpg

For more of my story if you are interested:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/918358-they-cut-my-head-open-your-excuse-is-invalid
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I have scars on both hands (near my thumbs) and on both feet (near the ankle) from when I was in the NICU. Being poked with IV needles for months. I was born almost 3 mo. early, weighing in at about 2 lbs. Coincidentally, My daughter was born a little over 3 mo. early, weighing in at 1 lb 6 oz. She has the same scars and we have something in common. We're both miracle babies.

That is a beautiful story. :)
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Doctor: have any kids?
    Me: no
    Doctor: ok can I see the place you were talking about?
    ...a minute or so later...
    Doctor: have you had a c-section?
    Me: um, no
    Doctor: are you sure?
    Me: ........................................... :noway: yes, that's just where they had to cut me open again after my appendectomy

I had an appendectomy and one of the incision sites didn't heal so six months later they cut me open again to give it another chance to heal. Looks almost identical to a c-section scar (or so I've been told). Just a massive 4-inch scar that looks pretty awesome.

I also have a lovely 2-inch scar on my lower back. Don't know how I got it. No, really, I don't.
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I have a huge one running the length of the back of my right arm. Was hit by two cars while riding my bike when I was 14. Metal plate and 7 screws holding it all together. And no I don't set off metal detectors :laugh:
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    I have a small scar above my right eye from running in to a fence during baseball practice (colt league, 15 years old). I was chasing a fly ball.
  • nikkiej2012
    nikkiej2012 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    When I had the chicken pocks I guess I popped one on my left side of my nose and it became a scar :( my mother has the same scar too.. like mother like daughter I guess lol
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    scar on my eyebrow from being bit by a german sheperd
  • IronHutch
    IronHutch Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I've got some scars

on the middle knuckle on my right hand I had stitches from when I was a little kid. I drove my Big Wheel through a plane of glass and sliced som tendons.

on the wrist bone of my left hand, on Halloween. I was 14 or so, and helping my neighbor take down her trash dumpster that was filled with metal and glass after replacing their window. Trash can fell back on me when my neighbor pushed it before I was ready.

I have a slight scar on my forearm from a deli meat slicer, it wasn't on, but those blades are sharp! I saw a co-worker lose a fingertip.

I have a giant scar on my right knee from ACL Reconstruction Surgery. After playing football, baseball, and other sports througout the years, I tore it playing Softball of all things.

A few small ones in different places from different things, falling down as a kid, etc...

But...

Chicks dig scars!
  • MorganLeighRN
    MorganLeighRN Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Tripped over a rocking chair in the hallway (curtsey of my brother who was 5 at the time) and completely lacerated my mommy parts when I was 9. Was in surgery for 4 hours...that one hurt!

Have one on the corner of my left eye from jumping on the couch and landing on the coffee table when I was 3.

And one on my forehead from trying to climb up the dresser when I was 4.
  • KimLoan325
    Options
    On the inside of my right wrist: a scar from 8th grade while making toffee and boiling sugar! I stirred with the wooden spoon and reflexively tapped it on the edge of the pan, sending molten sugar flying. I rushed to the sink and ran cold water, crystalizing it, instantly... that one is pretty faded now.

The four, faint lap-site scars from my kidney donation + the extraction site are probably the most personally significant but not very obvious or dramatic to an untrained eye.

I have a "bald patch" in my left eyebrow that I fill with make up - it's from 1st grade, when I had the chicken pox.
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I have one on my elbow, I was walking under a spiral staircase and reached up to tighten my ponytail and my elbow scraped along the bottom of one of the stairs that just happen to have a metal burr on it...

split my elbow wide open all the way to the bone. 13 stitches and I couldn't bend my arm for about 3 or 4 weeks.... not an easy feat with two month old baby...but we managed. :smile:
  • skinnybunny_x
    Options
    Scar on my back from doing a back flip off a roof onto a trampoline. Didn't land on the bouncy part, though - I landed on the metal frame. Hurts to think about it.
  • NZhellkat
    NZhellkat Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Crescent scar on the middle knuckle of my right hand - sociopath older sister bit me right through to the bone.
    Small crescent scar on forehead - wrapped the garden hose around the letterbox and after mum smacked me I spun out the other way and ended up in the rose bush needing stitches.
    Three inch scar on my right ankle after having my ligament reconnected after I sprained my ankle repeatedly and tore it to shreds.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    i have a decent sized one along the right side of my head, I think I was 10 when I got it. I was getting a shoulder ride from my sister, and she ran into the bathroom and stopped suddenly, I fell off and smashed my head on the tap, 5 hours in emerg and a blood soaked beach towel later, I was the proud owner of 12 shiny staples. Now my hair can only part on that side, anywhere else and I end up with 2 parts.

Surgical scars on my left wrist and elbow,have had multiples surgeries on the wrist, most recently to remove the shredded cartilage and muscle tissue when I was 15. Never play crack-the-whip on roller skates.

One about a 1/2 inch long, diagonal above my top lip. No idea how it got there but everybody asks.