Most interesting scars

Options

Replies

• Kaddyshack21
    Kaddyshack21 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I am a member of the zipper club. Had open heart surgery as a kid. Runs down the center of my chest. I love my scar because it means I'm alive!

I literally laughed out loud when I read this. I had NO idea there was a "zipper club" never heard the term in my entire life.

I am also a member I guess. I have had 5 open heart surgeries and 3 pacemakers procedures. Plus all the scars from I.V. 's, tubes, etc etc. But as you say. It means I am alive.
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I have a foot-long vertical scar down my abdomen.
    I got it when I was 8, and I was playing with my uncle's weight bench. Which had 180lbs of weight on the bar. Goodness knows how I lifted it, but I did, then dropped it straight on my belly. I was so close to dying. I actually split my liver in half and broke 2 ribs. But they had to cut me all the way down past my belly button to investigate. Its taken me a long time to come to terms with the idea of lifting weights!
  • laurynwithawhy
    laurynwithawhy Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I have many, because I'm clumsy. But the most interesting one is the small one on my nose (between my eyes). What's interesting is that you would never guess at one point I had almost no skin across half my face. I was about 7 and was playing "The floor is lava" with my cousin. Well I was just as clumsy then, and I tripped and fell into the brick fireplace. Scraped 40% of the skin off of my face and concussed myself pretty good. Nothing to stitch back together, so we just had to use lots of vitamin e oil and wait for the skin to grow back. Within 6 months, it was basically invisible. Literally a miracle, everyone thought I would be disfigured for life.
  • JULIEdance
    JULIEdance Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I have a scar from figure skaing. I was performing some step pattern backwards and another skater approached jumping, we were both concentrating on what our coaches wanted us to do and didn´t notice each other until it was too late. We crashed, both ended up sitting on ice, "Are you ok? I´m fine, you?" I got up and wanted to continue skating, but something in my coaches eyes made me look down. There was a stream of blood from my leg down to my skate and on ice. They brought me to the nearest hospital, I was still wearing my rhinestoned skating skirt. It came out that the blade cut through my leg and touched the bone. They said I was pretty lucky since there was no permanent damage. I skate again, but I´m still scared of other skaters getting too close to me.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I have a scar on my boob that's about 6 inches long. I was groped by a tree.
  • tyrantduck
    tyrantduck Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    i have two. one is a gigantic pock mark on my shoulder (i was a picker when i had chicken pox!) and the other is on the inside of my thigh when my stupid self decided to ride my bike even though it didn't have a seat and while wearing shorts... i ran into a fence and the pipe that held the seat on jammed itself into my thigh and took a nice piece out...
  • abrandnewme18
    Options
    i have a scar on my left index finger from trying to open an umbrella lol. it peeled a bit of skin off, yoowie. it happened in November i believe and it's fading pretty quickly, so hopefully it will be gone within a few months.

i also have a very small scar on the very top on my forehead, that has almost completely faded. i was at the beach running and i ran into one of the poles on an easy-up.

those are the two scars i actually remember. the other minor ones are just from being super, duper clumsy lol.
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    to many to tell one on my calf i don't even know how it happened its just there no story. the seacond above belly button furthure up from gallblader surgery third my chin i feel on ice split it wide open, forth top of my head was split open a sign fell on me and theres a few more but the interesting one would be in my private zone need a ball tooken out other wise it could of turned in to cancer down the road
  • ameliaannakin
    ameliaannakin Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I have an inch long scar in the crease of my neck. I had lumps in my neck last year which they thought might by lymphoma and had to remove them for tests, turns out I just have an over active lymphnodes but it taught me to live everyday like its my last and put 100% in to everything!!
  • SquidandWhale
    Options
    I have two scars on my forehead. The first is from when I went head first into a window, and the second is from when my sister pushed me off the bed and into the corner of a dresser. The first was actually in the middle of my forehead, but my mom had a plastic surgeon to move it to my hair line. The partial facelift at four has prevented me from getting any wrinkles on my forhead--bonus!
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    i have lots...and lots of scars....most are domestic abuse related. Some are self inflicted...some are from surgeries...

but the most interesting is over my right eye right at the end of my eyebrow line....it's from when I fell down a flight of stairs one night after a party....

i went down and hit my face on the banister and just missed the sticking out nail head gouging my eye out by mere millimeters...

i was VERY lucky....

"funniest" part of the story is that when we got to the hospital the nurse said "What the hell happened to you"

and me, being a smart *kitten* and drunk said "oh ....you should SEE the other car."

yeah...i was really really smart back then.
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I have one in the crease of my right eye from when I tripped when I was six and took a header into a desk. Had to get 10 stitches for that bugger.

The other one is a ">" shape on my left index finger right after my first knuckle. I got it cutting into a frozen brick of chocolate when I was in the 7th grade and the knife slipped. I jokingly refer to it as my vector finger.
  • TxAlpha
    TxAlpha Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I have a plate and 7 screws behind an 8 inch scar on my right chin, the result of a high school football injury.
  • Sherae12
    Sherae12 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I have this crazy looking scar in my foot from when I was a kid. I was running with an old broom (The old ones with the metal handle.)......you can see where this is going......I fell and it went right into my foot. 6 stitches
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Big scar between my top lip and my nose. I fell off the top step from our back door (yes off the step, not down the steps) straight to our concrete patio into a full face plant. The steps were icey and I lost my footing. I had a broken nose and my top lip was basically torn off. 30+ stitches inside and out to repair it. Not counting the other stitches for the smaller cuts on my nose and brow.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    I have a tiny triangle on my finger. As I was trying to gather eggs as a kid, a chicken pecked me in the finger.

I also have a line on my nose from when I tripped as a child and a nail that was sticking straight up just skimmed my nose as my face hit the ground.
  • lovelyMYlovely
    lovelyMYlovely Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    1 c-section scar = 2 babies=pretty nice if you tell me!!
  • denisedwrt
    denisedwrt Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have a scar on my lower back from a really bad rug burn......
  • rfechter
    rfechter Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I have a huge round scar covering most of my knee cap. I decided when I was around 12 that going down a steep hill on a wet gravel road on a bike was a good idea. It was one of those old bikes with the brakes that engage when you push the pedals backwards. I panicked slammed on the brakes and ended up skidding down the hill on my knee.
  • Dunkirk
    Dunkirk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    A burn scar on my arm and one on my torso from when an airline steward accidentally spilled hot tea on me last year while flying.