Most interesting scars

Options

Replies

• dodihere
    dodihere Posts: 490
    Options
    Outside of my ankle 8-9 inches, inside 5 inches. I broke my tibia off of my ankle, when it broke off it slammed into my fibula and butterfly broke it in 3 places. 6 screws and a plate and physical therapy and I am good.

Several surgeries. One time I was so impatient to get my staples out I cut them off with wire cutters. Ruined the wire cutters.
  • RemiLynn79
    RemiLynn79 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    The first one is on the bottom side of my chin. I was probably 5 and was sitting on my knees on a kitchen chair that had the spokes in the back of it. I tried standing up, but my feet were stuck in the spokes and smashed my chin into the table.

The second one, my brothers pushed a toy tractor under our combine and I went under to get it. I stood up too quickly and there are sharp triangle looking things that the corn stalks, and bean pods fly out of and I nailed my forehead into it.

My brother also pushed me off the top step of a tractor because we were fighting over who got to go with to take the corn to the co-op. The co-op use to give out ham sandwiches during harvest time. They must have been damn good if he was willing to push me off. I landed flat on my back.
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    The tip of my right middle finger was almost cut off when I was playing a stupid knife game with my brother.

Then I have a nice hole in my right calf where my brother shot me with a target point arrow (long story, but I was actually the "winner" of this round.) :)

Then I have a nice scar next to my eye from a calf riding incident (he scraped me off on part of the barn door).

Then I have 2 large scars on my knee from high school when a cheerleader ran into my motorcycle - thus ending my senior football season.

Then I have nice scars on my right ribs and perineum from an ill advised bull riding incident - thus ending any ideas of taking this up on a regular basis.

They're all fading nicely - I've somehow managed to not do anything else massively stupid in the past 20 years. :)
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    3/8" x 1 1/4" stripe on the back of my L wrist where i removed a tattoo. with a knife.

i wear a watch over it.
  • chrissy10taylor
    Options
    I have one on my right shin from a Tom Petty concert!! The floor was wet (not sure if it was beer or pee, hopefully beer) and the bottom of my shoes got wet. When I went to stand on the seat, so I could see better, my foot slipped and I fell through the seat, gashing my shin. It didn't hurt at the time.
  • Twilightsunflower
    Twilightsunflower Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    i have pale oval burn marks on my left arm from craddling a hot iron as a kid (18months old)
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Two scars on my head with 5 or 6 stitches each. One time I fell backwards off a really high bed and cracked my skull open on cement (foreign country). Second time when I was younger I was running and jumped straight up into the edge of a cabinet. The funny part of the first one was, while they were stictching me up the lights went out and they had to use a candle to finish it LOL. ahhh 3rd world problems!
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I have a smiley face on my leg.

My Dad used to make his own wine and when I was five, I was riding my tricycle (one of the old steel types that my Great Grand gave me) and I imagined a genie being in that bottle (I watched a LOT of I Dream of Jeannie), so I ran into that huge bottle with my tricycle. It broke.
    When I went to get off my tricycle, I fell onto a huge shard and sliced my leg open. When I went to go in the house, my mother freaked out because it was bleeding A LOT! My Dad went through lots of towels, and when he was rushing me to the emergency room, I slid all over the seat because we didn't have seat belts.
  • artex1024
    artex1024 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I have a scar on my left bicep from my old job. I was 8 months pregnant and trying to pull a 75lb battery backup off of a top shelf when it fell. I managed to catch it, but the corner of the box caught my arm. It left a slice and massive bruise that I had to report to the shrink/safety department. My boss was not a happy camper.
  • Adah_m
    Adah_m Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I have a REALLY bad one on my knee where I should have gotten a skin graft.

I got run over by a hay ride. True story.
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    12" zipper scar, upper to mid back. Spinal fusion at age 11. The whole event was traumatizing, the permanent scar a constant reminder that I'm defective from birth. Yeah :{

I've tattooed around it to help deal with it, I want to get a "corset piercing" tattoo on it but the scar is the ONLY part of my back I can feel and all the studios locally want so much, it's not possible.
  • helyla
    helyla Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Scar on my left thumb from a ligament reattachment. Snapped the ligament playing soccer (ironic, huh?) Freaked all my friend out before they reattached it because I could bend it all different awkward ways and not feel a thing lol
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    1. Two hernia surgery scars from when I was born. I really wanted outta my mother's womb and gave myself a double hernia.

2. One above my right eye from when, as a child, my skateboard wheel hit a small rock - locked up and launched me into the air - ending in a perfect face plant into the driveway.

3. On the top of my left foot from when, again as a child, I was chopping a log barefoot with a rusty hatchet. I was standing on the log (after a rainstorm). I swung the hatchet. I slipped off the log and the hatchet came down into the top of my foot.

Hey, it was the 1970's in rural Florida...
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Scar on the corner of my right eye. When I was 2 a neighbor kid shot his BB gun over the fence between the two yards and hit me. Pretty darn happy my head wasn't turned any more than it was...

Needless to say the kid had to get his MOM to come over and get his gun away from my dad! :laugh:
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    The most noticable scar is above my right eye in my eye brow. I use liner to connect the dots. lol When I was little I fell going up the stairs. Yes going up. Cynder block steps and I was climbing up the ones turned on their end to make the wall for the steps. Mom told me to stop and either get in the grass or walk with them. I didn't make it :laugh:
    I have another one from a razor up my left leg, I was the only one home and didn't realize my mom had gotten home when she knocked on the bathroom door and scared the begibbers out of me.
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I have one on my left side that runs almost halfway around my waist since I was 10 months old when I had kidney surgery. I was born with only one kidney that was partially functioning and had to have surgery to get it to become 99% functioning. I hate it because it is so ugly but everyone is fascinated by it especially when I wear a bathing suit.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I have a keloid scar on my chest from an incident when I was 7. Long story short, I locked my brother in an old, abandoned house (after I escaped from when he locked me in there), and he punched out a window ... while I was standing in front of it. A piece of glass hit me in the chest. I've got a scar nearly two inches long.
  • jrue1985
    jrue1985 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I have a v shaped scar on my leg from where I chopped it open with a hatchet when I was in 4th grade. Lied about how it happened so I didn't go to the hospital or anything! Just a couple of bandaids and right back at hacking down those little baby trees.... bad kid! LOL!
  • Amanda2br
    Amanda2br Posts: 18
    Options
    I have a decent list of scars.. But the most interesting one is the one behind my knee. Trying to explain how someone threw I knife into the back of my leg always gets people.. I was about 14 years old and my friends and I decided to see what items we could dodge. We threw rocks at each other's heads, sticks at the chest.. And then there was the throwing of the knifes.. Well it was meant to be thrown at the ground just under our feet as we ran away. My friend aimed a little too high..
  • javajinny
    javajinny Posts: 78
    Options
    Left elbow, circle about the size of a nickel. A donkey bit me.