Is there such a thing as a heathy dessert?

Options
Tiff050709
Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
Or at least healthier, I should say. I like baking but have not been doing any since I am trying to drop the lbs. I was just wondering if anyone has a really good recipe to share. Something that doesn't have too many calories per serving. Thanks :)

Replies

• tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    Anything with Heath bars in it!
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    3-2-1 cake

any flavor of cake mix ..... a box of angel food cake ......put the dry mixes in a ziplock baggy .....scoop out 3 tablespoons put in a bowl ...add 2 tablespoons of water mix and put in the microwave for 1 minutes ...instant personal cake .... add whip cream, fruit , chocolate chips or peanutbutter
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    All desserts help keep me sane so I'd say they are all healthy. Gooey melty chocolate brownies mhhmm!

Anyways, my point is you shouldn't cut dessert out of your life or try to replace it with something less tasty but lower in calories. Just use moderation.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Blended frozen banana. I was skeptical, but it really does have a creamy, ice cream-esque texture. Add PB, chocolate, or whatever to jazz it up, but it's even pretty good plain.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Ice cream.

You all can hate on it all you want but I've never heard a doctor bad mouth ice cream. Milk, sugar, cream, salt and whatever you want for flavors. Perfection in a bowl.
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    for me , yogurt-
    cottage cheese, low to no fat, with 1TSP vanilla, and some truvia mix it together , and then voila , its my mock cheesecake
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Ice cream.

You all can hate on it all you want but I've never heard a doctor bad mouth ice cream. Milk, sugar, cream, salt and whatever you want for flavors. Perfection in a bowl.

i simply do not care for it... unless it has a bunch of "bad stuff" in it, chocolate , fruit, caramel , etc.
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I have been enjoying cottage cheese & peaches for dessert. Sweet & filling
  • deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I like greek yoghurt and fruit!

But if you want to make amazing desserts and cakes that are still healthy - check out www.chocolatecoveredkatie.com, she has some amazing recipes!
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    I've also made some of the recipes on chocolatecoveredkatie.com and enjoyed them. The chocolate chip cookie pie uses pureed beans instead of butter and eggs so you end up with a delicious treat that you can't eat too much of because it also has a decent amount of protein and fiber -- you get full.
  • iwillwearshorts
    iwillwearshorts Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Low fat ice cream with sliced strawberries. Strawberries are a super-food. Not a bad dessert and yummy, too.
  • ChapinaGrande
    ChapinaGrande Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I've been making fruit crisps lately. I use all the odds and ends of almost-bad fruit that are laying around and all the last few bits of frozen fruit. I top it with a combination of a half cup or so of oats, a few tablespoons melted butter, a few tablespoons of whole wheat flour, cinnamon, a tablespoon or so of brown sugar and, if I'm feeling frisky a tablespoon or so of chopped nuts. I bake it at 350 until it's bubbly (timing depends on fruit). It's so easy and just sweet enough to satisfy a dessert need. It also makes a lovely breakfast if you heat it back up in the morning.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Fruit.

I also do sugar free jello with light cool whip.
  • angelcurry130
    angelcurry130 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    depends on what you mean by "healthy." i've managed some low carb stuff, but the fat content is higher. or, low fat stuff but carbs are higher. and for any dessert, i try to keep the calories at 200 or less per serving. usually manage pretty well.

(when i'm talking desserts, i do things like cranberry jicama relish, or almond flour cookies. occasionally, a yogurt smoothie)
  • MsCarlalalala
    Options
    For me a healthy dessert needs to have some sort of nutrition. I take my standby oatmeal cookie recipe and add dried cherries and walnuts and cut the sugar in half. I cut fat in quick breads by adding applesauce or nonfat yogurt instead of oil or butter.

When I want something creamy I take 1 large box jello sugar free fat free instant chocolate pudding mix, 3 cups 1% milk and a tub of fat free cool whip. Mix instant pudding mix with 2% milk until it begins to thicken. Add 1 tub Fat Free Cool Whip and mix until the it is all blended in. Chill about 2 hours. It makes about 7 one cup servings 115 calories per serving. The original recipe calls for 2% milk. I have also used non fat milk for even less calories.
  • ltwarthen
    ltwarthen Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Check out Arctic Zero ice cream... it's 150 calories a pint! I also do a rice cake with a half a tablespoon of all-natural peanut butter just about every night. It's not decadent or anything, but it seems to curb my sweet tooth.
  • mdyorston
    mdyorston Posts: 158
    Options
    slice up a granny smith apple and sauté in a non-stick pan, sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. When the apples are tender its done and top with cool whip. 181 calories if you eat the whole thing yourself and that's including 3 tablespoons of cool whip! I usually share :)
  • rlp1975
    rlp1975 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Try mixing 1 cup of skim milk with 1/2 cup of egg whites and mash in one banana. Then add one cup of oats and cinnamon. In a pan add 1.5 cups of frozen berries and cover with the oats mixture. Bake at 350 for about 35-40 min. Its great for anytime!
  • Dogwalkingirl
    Dogwalkingirl Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so glad someone mentioned Chocolate Covered Katies Blog.....I want to make everything on there!!