Is there such a thing as a heathy dessert?

Options

Replies

• SlothSister
    Options
    Heyo!
    I discovered this lil gem recently - however it is not baking!
    I buy Del Monte's REAL fruit frozen popsicles. They are only 35 calories and SO good. They have ones with yogurt too and they are 45 calories. I find they cure a sweet tooth without too much damage!
    :)
    PS I get mine from Wal-Mart, Safeway or Metro.
  • jsiricos
    jsiricos Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    If I close my eyes, I can't see the calories, right? :)
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Of course!

There are plenty.
    Try cookinglight.com
  • imzadi_24
    Options
    I just had 1/2 cup vanilla greek yogurt and 1 cup sliced strawberries. Under 200 calories, delicious, and good for me! Still looking for a healthier chocolate fix, however. I'm picky about my chocolate!
  • iiiEllie
    iiiEllie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
  • Tunia85
    Tunia85 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Dole mixed frozen fruit. I crave it more than chocolate lately. It has the sweetest pinapple and mangos and I make them in smoothies, sorbet, or eat them frozen or unfrozen as a snack.
  • _rozamu
    _rozamu Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I will love coming back and seeing all the amazing ideas people have had!
  • shinesunfish
    shinesunfish Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/

I have loved everything I have tried from here, but especially the chocolate fudge pie (with tofu - good enough and guilt-free enough for breakfast!) and the cookie dough dip are amazing!

ETA: "Are Amazing." I think I need to sleep! :)
  • BeyondThePixels
    BeyondThePixels Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Powdered peanut butter and apple slides are doing it for me right now!
    A variety of mixed melon (honey dew, watermelon, cantaloupe)
    Ice Fruit Bars (the ones that are about 30-40 calories each)
    Freeze your favourite yogurt
  • metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Yes, and as a bonus it is a vegetable with loads of vitamin A!

Melissa's Sweet Potato Pie Filling with Whipped Topping

2 large, round sweet potatoes
    2 tsp vanilla extract
    1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
    2 tbsp Cool Whip lite
    2 - 3 packets Truvia (or sweetener of choice)

Pierce sweet potatoes with a fork. Put on a paper towel in the microwave. Heat for 5 - 8 minutes. Turn over, heat the other side for the same. Pull them out and hand peel them when they are at the point of being squishy when you press on them. Mash in a bowl, add vanilla extract and pumpkin pie spice. Allow to cool until just slightly warm. Measure out 1/2 cup and top with 2 tablespoons light cool whip.

90 calories for the sweet potato

330% of your Vitamin A
    33% of your Vitamin C
    15% of your Vitamin B6
    25% of your Manganese
    3 grams of fiber

20 calories for the cool whip

A total of 110 calories for the win!

Don't forget high protein chocolate pudding:

1 cup plain greek yogurt
    1.5 tablespoons cocoa powder
    2 packets of Truvia (to taste)

Almost as much protein as a chicken breast, but counts as a desert. It's not as sweet as the potatoes but very yummy if you like greek yogurt.
  • unit1409
    unit1409 Posts: 8
    Options
    3-2-1 cake

any flavor of cake mix ..... a box of angel food cake ......put the dry mixes in a ziplock baggy .....scoop out 3 tablespoons put in a bowl ...add 2 tablespoons of water mix and put in the microwave for 1 minutes ...instant personal cake .... add whip cream, fruit , chocolate chips or peanutbutter
  • dgljones
    dgljones Posts: 89
    Options
    Every time I have ripe bananas I just mash them up with some traditional oatmeal in a glass baking dish, sprinkle on some raisins or place on some almonds or slices of strawberries, add some fresh cinnamon and stick it in the oven until it smells good. Take out, let cool and cut off a nice large piece.
  • karivarner
    Options
    I have a couple that I make when I am really wanting something.
    Trifle made with sugar free pudding cook & serve, your choice of flavor, I use coconut cream & coconut/almond milk .
    layer with mixed berries & vanilla wafers.

A quickie fix is Banana and Avocado Cream (It sounds strange, but is SOOO Good!)

Flesh of one ripe avocado
    1 ripe banana, sliced (frozen if desired)
    Milk

Blend the avocado and banana well. Slowly add a little milk at a time until you reach your desired consistency. I added about a cup. Pour it in a glass and your ready to enjoy!
  • unit1409
    unit1409 Posts: 8
    Options
    I'm going to try this one. I've made the one with sugar free cake mix (Pillsbury) mixed with only 1cup of diet soda and it's wonderful.
  • xXxHBICxXx
    xXxHBICxXx Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I agree with Ice Cream, frozen yogurt, fiber one bars or I like to make Crystal light pink lemonade "slushies" .... I think they're awesome and seeing as its just the pink lemonade mix (10 calories) and water .... I feel safe in saying I could be eating something wayyyy worse lol
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what macros you are focused on. I need something that is low-carb and gluten free. Here are a few I've enjoyed

I made these tonight and they are truly decadent. I skipped the agave syrup and used 3 drops of liquid stevia instead 88 calories per serving - 3 c, 9 fat, 1 p, 1 fiber
    http://sweetnessofthefruit.com/coconut-heaven-energy-bites/

I also liked these muffins (and my husband adored them) @ 41 calories per serving - 8 c, 2 fat, 2 protein, 1 fiber
    http://dashingdish.com/recipe/triple-chocolate-chunk-muffins/

Protein ice cream is quite good. The basic recipe is 153 calories - 3 c, 2 fat, 31p, 2 fiber plus whatever add-ins you decide on (almond butter +slivered almonds is really good!)
    http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2008/08/protein-ice-cream.html

I have more ideas here that I will eventually get around to trying

http://pinterest.com/kdipiazz/not-so-sweet-tooth/
  • katnord
    katnord Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Baked or grilled apples or peaches sprinkled with cinnamon and walnuts.
  • KickyLegs
    KickyLegs Posts: 53
    Options
    I make sorbet (sort of) I just take frozen mango and puree it and sometimes I add a tiny bit of agave. Yum!
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    look at the calories in typical snack foods... its not really a deal breaker.... I'd wager that people eating so called "healthy snacks" often over indulge and eat more calories than when I sink a spoon into a pint
  • TarshCooper001
    TarshCooper001 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow desserts! Thier Giant Cookie with Icecream in it (under 130 calories- low sugar and carbs) and thier choc/ caramel/ choc mint sundaes (110 calories) are soooo yummy. I have them a couple times a week to congratulate myself or for when I have excess calories left over at the end of the day.