Is there such a thing as a heathy dessert?

Options

Replies

• seekingfittoday
    Options
    Best dessert EVER:

one container of Fage 2% (NOT fat free)
    PB2 or Cocoa powder
    Stevia drops

Oh my god. You can freeze it a lil' and it's even better than ice cream and under 200 calories. Super filling. Super clean. Super high in protein.
  • Travelgal622
    Travelgal622 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of favorites, 1st Frozen fruit 1 cup, 1 cup of Greek yogurt vanilla, no fat. Mix in blender on high makes a great, sweet ice creamy treat. You can add honey if it isn't sweet enough.
    2nd. Any cake mix you like dry and one can of diet soda, for light cakes like strawberry, orange and white I use diet sprite and for others I use diet coke. Mix the two together bake like regular. I usually place the batter in the mini muffins pans and they work out to be about 33 calories a piece, if you want add cool whip icing found in the freezer section, two tablespoons for 60 calories...makes for a great treat. I baked these for my bunko group and everyone wanted the recipe as they thought they were awesome and low calorie too!
    3rd...I love the product PB2 Chocolate. You can find it on amazon. Only 45 calories per two tablespoons. You can use it in Greek yogurt which is awesome or mix with water for a great dipping sauce for apples. You can make a 100 different things with this delish stuff...check it out.
    Good luck MFP friend!
  • charismanoodles
    charismanoodles Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Greek yoghurt, berries and protein powder blended. So gewwd.
  • karmahunger
    karmahunger Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    RAW. PIES.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    All desserts help keep me sane so I'd say they are all healthy. Gooey melty chocolate brownies mhhmm!

Anyways, my point is you shouldn't cut dessert out of your life or try to replace it with something less tasty but lower in calories. Just use moderation.

this.

However, I do like to do partial applesauce as a substitute for oil. Its a pretty common one and will cut the calories a bit but doesn't really impact stuff like banana or zucchini breads taste and texture.

Also that frozen whipped banana stuff is tasty, but it isn't like, ICE CREAM. Its just cold creamy banana goop, which still sounds good right?
  • ChallengeAccepted108
    Options
    I have found a lot of healthier dessert ideas on howsweeteats.com. Choose wisely, because they're not all the best choices, but many are definitely healthier than processed desserts. Personally, I like the mini whole wheat cookies and I am going to try the no-bake brown buttere quinoa bars. I like this website because it has a variety of recipes that are really healthy and will help me continue on my new healthy lifestyle.
  • bradbaumgarten
    Options
    Fruit.

I also do sugar free jello with light cool whip.

Yeah, that's kinda what I was thinking. Eat fruit. I feel like sweet desserts are a recipe (pun intended) for disaster for me. Too hard to have just a little and control the calories.

For what it's worth, my favorite food on God's green Earth is ice cream, but I can't keep it in the house. Once it gets warm, once a week going and getting it, and walking to get it not driving, seems like a good treat that I could get away with once a week.
  • claire_donegal84
    claire_donegal84 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    One of my favs for under 100 cals is getting some frozen berries and warming up a portion of them in the microwave (like 120g or something...40cals!) and having a blob of creme fraise or fat free greek yoghurt on the side....or a scoop of ice cream. Delicious :-)
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    bump. I need desert to keep my sanity.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    3-2-1 cake

any flavor of cake mix ..... a box of angel food cake ......put the dry mixes in a ziplock baggy .....scoop out 3 tablespoons put in a bowl ...add 2 tablespoons of water mix and put in the microwave for 1 minutes ...instant personal cake .... add whip cream, fruit , chocolate chips or peanutbutter
    we have this a lot!
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    All desserts help keep me sane so I'd say they are all healthy. Gooey melty chocolate brownies mhhmm!

Anyways, my point is you shouldn't cut dessert out of your life or try to replace it with something less tasty but lower in calories. Just use moderation.
    This too. No desert is off limits this way. Portion control.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    for me , yogurt-
    cottage cheese, low to no fat, with 1TSP vanilla, and some truvia mix it together , and then voila , its my mock cheesecake

YUM, I love cheesecake - this sounds wonderful.
  • feelgoodnic
    feelgoodnic Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Greek yoghurt, berries and protein powder blended. So gewwd.

THIS, pretty much.

Greek yogurt with microwaved cinnamon apple slices is heavenly.
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    There's a few thing actually.. like making your own chocolate milk with unsweetended cocoa and skim milk + sweeteners/xylitol
    There's a mousse you can make too with extreme minimal carbs..
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Bump!!
  • zumbarock
    zumbarock Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    In the blender- Frozen banana and 2 TBSP almond butter, 1/2 cup almond milk. Tastes just like ice cream!!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I don't do the healthy/unhealthy thing for most natural based foods. I think it is more about portion control. Processed and heavily suplimented stuff is what I would call unhealthy I guess.

So yeah, apple pie, ice cream, cake, and the like aren't unhealthy, but you can't just eat it like a meal.
  • EsculentGoddess
    Options
    when I bake I'm partial to oatmeal choco chip cookies with splenda and applesauce replacing the fat and sugar (only I end up inhaling them so I try to hide them when I make them)...BUT right now, am really into Healthy Choice FroYo, Weight Watchers Giant Latte, and Weight Watcher Red Velvet ice cream sandwiches....all around 100 cal. each....there are also some really healthy gingersnap recipes out there :) mmmmm. OH! AND looooooove these raspberry creamcheese muffins (I also replace the sugar with splenda here which lowers the cals even more...but lots of people do half and half if they don't like the crumb) http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/raspberry-cream-cheese-muffins-10000000458808/
  • emhill21
    emhill21 Posts: 130
    Options
    bump, I was hooked at the mini microwave cake