Is there such a thing as a heathy dessert?

Options

Replies

• nicole_andan
    Options
    I have a line of 70% cocoa chocolate (bourneville for me normally but I'm in the UK) and 4 strawberries quatered it's only 134 calories and it's totally worth it!!!!
    If you have it with a cup of coffee you get an instant sugar hit too!!!
  • Jayne19099
    Jayne19099 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Heyo!
    I discovered this lil gem recently - however it is not baking!
    I buy Del Monte's REAL fruit frozen popsicles. They are only 35 calories and SO good. They have ones with yogurt too and they are 45 calories. I find they cure a sweet tooth without too much damage!
    :)
    PS I get mine from Wal-Mart, Safeway or Metro.

I'm gonna try these this summer :)
  • ShellyAnn46
    ShellyAnn46 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    3-4 strawberries sliced, 4-5 tablespoons whip cream, shaved dark chocolate or a dusting of cocoa powder. Yummy you get sweet & chocolate for a lite dessert.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    I think it's called fruit
  • ichoose2believe
    ichoose2believe Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Vitalicious Vitamuffin Vitatops Banana Chocolate Chip-100 calories 9 grams of fiber 5 grams of protein ... great with a 1/2 cup of milk it helps to satisfy that craving I have for chocolate chip banana bread :) I pop mine in the toaster to warm it up... sooooo good.
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Check out Arctic Zero ice cream... it's 150 calories a pint! I also do a rice cake with a half a tablespoon of all-natural peanut butter just about every night. It's not decadent or anything, but it seems to curb my sweet tooth.

http://www.today.com/id/48596412/ns/today-today_rossen_reports/t/rossen-reports-can-you-believe-diet-frozen-dessert-labels/#.UVTqsJMZPAo
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Ice cream, cake, cookies, candy bars, creme brulee, brownies, pie....

I'm having ice cream right now. :)
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    For me, frozen yogurt. I love the stuff, but there are some seriously awesome ideas on here!
  • Sandy3313
    Sandy3313 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Bump!!
  • NikinCilla
    NikinCilla Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    We have an Island drink call Otai.....watermelon & mango grated & fresh coconut juice then you add water & or milk. Add sugar if you want to sweet it up, and add some of the flesh from the coconut. Give it a stir & island dessert/drink is ready :)
  • KaraAlste
    KaraAlste Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    If you like baking, then why not try the sugar free brownies. There are a ton of healthy dessert recipes now using stevia and splenda. I have also heard a lot of people who make their own protien bars. I know it entails oatmeal and I think they are sweet. :smile:
  • Sandy3313
    Sandy3313 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!!
  • SinomenJen
    SinomenJen Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste is my fav
  • seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    for me , yogurt-
    cottage cheese, low to no fat, with 1TSP vanilla, and some truvia mix it together , and then voila , its my mock cheesecake

and cinnamon. i've done this myself when i want something tasty but healthy. it is so yummy. i have it almost every day just as a snack
    37434958 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Ga-reeeek YOW-girt!
  • GypsySoul_74
    GypsySoul_74 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm always adapting recipes to make them lower calorie. (Lower-calorie is not always "healthier", but it sure fits into my nutrition goals more easily.) Here's my latest:

Light Pumpkin Bread

MOIST INGREDIENTS:
    1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
    1/2 cup Egg Beaters (or 3 eggs, which would increase the calories a bit)
    1 cup pumpkin puree (fresh or canned)
    1 tsp vanilla

DRY INGREDIENTS:
    2 cups white whole wheat flour (I use King Arthur brand)
    1/2 cup Splenda baking blend (or 1 cup sugar, which would increase the calories)
    1 1/2 tsp baking soda
    1/4 tsp salt
    1 tsp cinnamon
    1/4 tsp nutmeg

Mix all moist ingredients together. Mix all dry ingredients together in a separate bowl. Add the dry mixture to the moist mixture and stir until completely blended (I usually add it about a third at a time).

Pour into a lightly-oiled loaf pan (you can do muffin cups or mini loaves, too—just shorten the baking time considerably & keep your eye on them) and bake at 350* for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.

Total recipe weighs about 800 grams once baked and has about 1450 calories / 266 g carbs / 4 g fat / 46 g protein (if prepared with Egg Beaters and Splenda baking blend).

One serving is 1/16 of the recipe, or about 50g. One serving has about 90 calories / 17 g carbs / less than .5g fat / 3 g protein
  • ShellyAnn46
    ShellyAnn46 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Go to recipe rehab.com ...they hav liter recipes...skinny vanilla cupcakes...yum
  • Willowana
    Willowana Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I stick to a lot of Skinny Cow/Weight Watcher type ice cream desserts, but really, nothing is off limits. If I can cram the calories into my diary, I do. Just like tomorrow's hot cross bun. It's a family tradition. Panera's hot cross bun: 220 calories. It's already in my tracker for tomorrow. St. Patty's Day? I had a cupcake from Walmart with the green icing. 240 calories, if I remember correctly. Half the fun of MFP is working my calories out so I can have the things I want while staying within my boundaries. I almost never have a problem with it.

My mom is also on MFP. She bought a lemon crumb cake for an office party. She's giving me the leftovers because the temptation is too much for her. Don't mind if I do! If I can track it, then I can eat it! :drinker:
  • ldbuster0
    ldbuster0 Posts: 207
    Options
    All desserts help keep me sane so I'd say they are all healthy. Gooey melty chocolate brownies mhhmm!

Anyways, my point is you shouldn't cut dessert out of your life or try to replace it with something less tasty but lower in calories. Just use moderation.
    This too. No desert is off limits this way. Portion control.

This!!!