Weight loss pills recommendation!

Options

Replies

• AleshiaBunting
    AleshiaBunting Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Anything worth having is worth working for! Proper diet and exercise will get you there!
  • VitaBailey
    VitaBailey Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    taking the easy way out is lame. Pills for weight loss are pathetic.

eta weight loss pills, not all pills.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    The weight loss pills that actually work are actually dangerous.

Pff. What's a little cardiac arrhythmia among friends? Healthy hearts are overrated. :glasses:

So is a body temperature under 102 F :laugh:

:laugh:
  • jcs1164
    jcs1164 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    diet excercise, increase your protein to stave off hunger. That stuff will kill you
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Appetite suppresant? No thanks.
  • MikkiMcCoy
    Options
    Since no one has said anything yet, I hear great things about the effects of Alli of course the side effects include sh*tting yourself... If it's worth it to you, you might want to try that.

I have a very slim friend who swears by phentermine. My ex-mother in law uses phentermine off and on and cannot seem to lose weight or keep it off.

Different people, different results.

For me, I find the effects of coffee help enough with appetite suppression and it's cheaper than the pills...

I'm taking Alli. Have been since the end of January. I've lost 15 lbs since then. And I haven't **** myself either. I've learned what percentage of fat I can have per meal and I stay below it. But it's also meant for those who have 20-30 lbs or more to lose. I still have another 30 lbs to go.

oh and I also work out 60-90 mins a day. 4-5 days a week, a mixture of weight training and cardio.
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    DNP. Most people lose like 1/2lb of pure fat a day. Hope you can handle the sides :laugh:

what is DNP?

It's a drug that makes ATP production inefficient. Drives your metabolism up dramatically, to the point where it can raise your body temperature so much it literally kills you. It was criminalized after a bunch of people actually died from taking it.

If you don't mind sweating your butt off all day long with your heart racing, and feeling extremely weak, and maybe dying, then it's great at melting fat away. You can seriously lose like 4 pounds of pure fat a week on it.

Don't forget the part where it can make you go blind from rapidly-developing cataracts.

Good rule of thumb: If something was deemed too dangerous for human consumption at the height of the depression, at a time when doctors still recommended smoking for weight loss? It's probably really really not safe.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I take Alieve or Advil. They aren't actual diet pills but when I've overdone it running/lifting/whatever I don't pay as dearly for my enthusiasm .
  • petstorekitty
    petstorekitty Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    The best weight loss pills are comprised of things your body needs to burn fat.
    Up your metabolism and give you nutrients and such.

Green tea works so well b/c it ups your metabolism.
    same with caffeine.

Other ingredients such as chromium and B vitamins and cayenne pepper are common b/c they do the same thing.

You can get that with foods you just need to find which ones. Also things like fish oils and fatty acids are helpful for weight loss because your body needs them to work properly. If your body is working better, you're more likely to burn fat.

Then there are ingredients that block carbs. You could accomplish that buy lowering your carb intake. Eating more lean protein (also necessary for your body to function) helps suppress appetite - as many people have said.

If your current habits are what caused your weight gain, then what you would benefit most from is a lifestyle change.
    If your current habits are great, but you want a boost add in extra things like the vitamins/minerals/oils etc. (and of course doing things that work your muscles!)

You can spend your money on the pills that do it or the food.

I don't post this as a "pills are evil" person. I've taken a number of different diet pills. My favorite was Slenderite but it's $$$ so I looked up what is in it and try to find food ways to get that stuff.

And none of them worked unless I followed a decently balanced eating plan - they just gave me more energy so I could workout longer or, still go workout after working graveyard shift or two jobs when I was younger.

and as always, lots of water.

cheers
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    DNP. Most people lose like 1/2lb of pure fat a day. Hope you can handle the sides :laugh:

what is DNP?

It's a drug that makes ATP production inefficient. Drives your metabolism up dramatically, to the point where it can raise your body temperature so much it literally kills you. It was criminalized after a bunch of people actually died from taking it.

If you don't mind sweating your butt off all day long with your heart racing, and feeling extremely weak, and maybe dying, then it's great at melting fat away. You can seriously lose like 4 pounds of pure fat a week on it.

Don't forget the part where it can make you go blind from rapidly-developing cataracts.

Good rule of thumb: If something was deemed too dangerous for human consumption at the height of the depression, at a time when doctors still recommended smoking for weight loss? It's probably really really not safe.

Exactly. Anything that actually has any significant effect in the body is going to have side effects. Significantly increasing metabolism does a host of terrible things to your body.

Any pill that significantly increases weight loss will, by definition, have highly undesirable side effects.
  • SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I don't get this, how are people even recommending pills....

You ever notice on the bottle it says "To use with in conjunction with a diet and exercise program." IF you don't lose weight taking it, they will tell you "well you need to diet and exercise."

If you lose weight while taking it and doing diet and exercise, are the pills causing the weight loss or is it the diet and exercise?

stop wasting your money on junk.

It's pretty hard to out eat DNP. It goes into your mitochondria and starts unraveling your ATP.

Hasn't DNP been illegal for weight loss since like 1938?

Yes. Heroin is illegal, too but it's still quite easy to obtain. OP asked if we knew of any "good" thermogenics or appetite suppressants and I read "good" as being "one that works." DNP is dangerous, illegal, possibly fatal, but effective. I'd never take it but I have the motivation to eat less and exercise. If you want a quick fix DNP is very effective.

My husband recommends meth. lol
  • barbiegirl052
    Options
    i believe there is nothing wrong with a pill to help stimulate metabolism and weight loss i take Herbalife total controls and i take herbalife thermobonds i eat right and work out about 6 days a wee. ohh and they are all natural. Try vega products im not sure they might have a supplement and they are all natural vegan plant based. Good luck
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I don't get this, how are people even recommending pills....

You ever notice on the bottle it says "To use with in conjunction with a diet and exercise program." IF you don't lose weight taking it, they will tell you "well you need to diet and exercise."

If you lose weight while taking it and doing diet and exercise, are the pills causing the weight loss or is it the diet and exercise?

stop wasting your money on junk.

It's pretty hard to out eat DNP. It goes into your mitochondria and starts unraveling your ATP.

Hasn't DNP been illegal for weight loss since like 1938?

yep, because it was causing cataracts and death... no big deal
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Since no one has said anything yet, I hear great things about the effects of Alli of course the side effects include sh*tting yourself... If it's worth it to you, you might want to try that.

I have a very slim friend who swears by phentermine. My ex-mother in law uses phentermine off and on and cannot seem to lose weight or keep it off.

For me, I find the effects of coffee help enough with appetite suppression and it's cheaper than the pills...

I'm taking Alli. Have been since the end of January. I've lost 15 lbs since then. And I haven't **** myself either. I've learned what percentage of fat I can have per meal and I stay below it. But it's also meant for those who have 20-30 lbs or more to lose. I still have another 30 lbs to go.

oh and I also work out 60-90 mins a day. 4-5 days a week, a mixture of weight training and cardio.

PERFECT example of the mind games behind diet pills. it says, in conjunction with diet and exercise. you are dieting and exercising, 15 lbs in 3 months-ish is a realistic number. Alli is doing nothing for you.
  • albertabeefy
    albertabeefy Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I've used the ECA stack (Ephedrine, Caffeine, Aspirin) multiple times when dieting down. That used to be the primary ingredients in all the major "fat-burners" on the market.

I've also NOT used it multiple times when dieting...

In all honesty, for ME using the stack mounts to a *slight* increase in energy and I tend to lose about an extra 1lb a week - mostly because the extra energy helps boost my workout - causing me to work out more then when NOT using it.

Others I know that use it have mentioned benefits of reduced appetite in addition to the slight addition of energy.

Using the ECA stack without proper diet or exercise is useless, imho. Even with it, it's got very limited benefits.
  • JuliaLee67
    JuliaLee67 Posts: 149
    Options

Words to live by, tbh.
  • VitaBailey
    VitaBailey Posts: 271 Member
    Options

PERFECT example of the mind games behind diet pills. it says, in conjunction with diet and exercise. you are dieting and exercising, 15 lbs in 3 months-ish is a realistic number. Alli is doing nothing for you.

Exactly! All that hard work in the gym and watching the diet but the pills get the credit???? WTF?
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Whle i agree yes diet and nutrition is VITAL for weight loss... SHE SAID she would keep this up.

This does NOT mean that supplements such as ephedrine, caffiene, etc. have not been PROVEN to increase overall burn during the day. They also suppress appetite.

Do i think anyone NEEDS these to lose weight? No. Do i think that it can assist with an otherwise flawless diet and exercise program? Hell yeah i do.

All of these "you're doing the hard work and then the pill is getting the credit!" must be referring to the SCAM/BULCRAP/PLACEBO type supplements out there. The few who have actually recommended something have been studied tried and true.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I've used the ECA stack (Ephedrine, Caffeine, Aspirin) multiple times when dieting down. That used to be the primary ingredients in all the major "fat-burners" on the market.

I've also NOT used it multiple times when dieting...

In all honesty, for ME using the stack mounts to a *slight* increase in energy and I tend to lose about an extra 1lb a week - mostly because the extra energy helps boost my workout - causing me to work out more then when NOT using it.

Others I know that use it have mentioned benefits of reduced appetite in addition to the slight addition of energy.

Using the ECA stack without proper diet or exercise is useless, imho. Even with it, it's got very limited benefits.

Thank you for suggesting an ECA stack. <3
  • magpie0
    magpie0 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Wellbutrin for me. Taking for depression but it has killed my appetite and I'm seemingly burning more fat lately. Also, caffeine.