Why does it still feel like I'm torturing myself?

Options

Replies

• Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    I rewriten most of IPOARM and added some spreadsheets to calculate your macros. That link you have doesn't work, so i think it's the old one. This method is better at calculating macros than any other method. It uses your Lean body mass and activity level to determine protein intake. Here is the new link.

Here's the link to the topic in the group
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/937709-in-place-of-a-road-map-ver-3-0

the link to the topic not in the group
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/937712-in-place-of-a-road-map-ver-3-0

Both are exactly the same, the non group one it's easily to leave comments and questions, but the format is bad. I cleaned up the format in the group one (easier to read)

Awesome Thanks! I've updated my info.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Because at this point you all seem like a huge joke.
    Way to take center stage. Floor's all yours! Enjoy it, star.
    theater.jpg

She's already stated many times that it's not her topic but she still insists on telling everyone how wrong we are. I'm 5'2", 115 lbs and 55 years old. I know I must be doing something wrong!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Yeah chocolate cake, poppers and pizza for breakfast. Tell me more about how you guys give strangers advice that you think they should listen to? Because at this point you all seem like a huge joke.

I can't decide if you are just here to argue because you enjoy it, or you simply mistake every differing opinion as a personal attack. Either way, it seems stressful and stress is unhealthy.

You insulting others and implying that everyone is like you and must do as you do in order to lose weight is no more helpful than any other replies. We are not all the same when it comes to cravings or what weight loss plan or diet works.

Getting a lot of different answers is more likely to help the OP because one of them is more likely to be the best fit for them.
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Yeah chocolate cake, poppers and pizza for breakfast. Tell me more about how you guys give strangers advice that you think they should listen to? Because at this point you all seem like a huge joke.

I can't decide if you are just here to argue because you enjoy it, or you simply mistake every differing opinion as a personal attack. Either way, it seems stressful and stress is unhealthy.

You insulting others and implying that everyone is like you and must do as you do in order to lose weight is no more helpful than any other replies. We are not all the same when it comes to cravings or what weight loss plan or diet works.

Getting a lot of different answers is more likely to help the OP because one of them is more likely to be the best fit for them.

Agreed!

I don't eat pizza or cake for breakfast, but I've been known to eat a huge ice cream thingy at DQ for supper :tongue:
    I lost my weight some 30 years ago & am here to maintain/learn. I am 51, 5ft and 115 lbs. MY way works for ME. I had to find MY way of doing things. When you first start out, it's hard and the info is often conflicting. Losing weight is easy compared to KEEPING it off. The OP is getting all kinds of views to consider. He needs to figure out what works for HIM. Mouse lady needs to chill.

Edit for typo...again. Dang!
  • fatburner83905
    Options
    Hangry much?

case_of_the_mondays.jpg
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    The OP has been given good advice. It seems they are just upset that the rest of us are losing weight while eating treats while they feel they cannot.

I have no idea what you thought you would be getting out of this, outside of suggestions on how to fit those treats you so obviously want into a weight loss plan. You got that and decided to respond with insulting the entire forum.

If there's a joke being played, it is not by those who are responding to your excuses.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    The OP has been given good advice. It seems they are just upset that the rest of us are losing weight while eating treats while they feel they cannot.

I have no idea what you thought you would be getting out of this, outside of suggestions on how to fit those treats you so obviously want into a weight loss plan. You got that and decided to respond with insulting the entire forum.

If there's a joke being played, it is not by those who are responding to your excuses.

QFT

My diary's open and a fairly extreme example of eating what you want.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I know I know the cookies, candy and ice cream didn't make me fat I did blah blah blah

no, over eating all that stuff did.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    To set things straight, foods that are considered "dirty" or otherwise "unhealthy" DO NOT MAKE YOU FAT AND I REPEAT THEY DO NOT MAKE YOU FAT! An excess of calories makes you fat. A maintenance of calories keeps your fat the same and a deficit in calories makes you lose fat. It's common sense. Don't blame the fast food, don't blame the cookies or the sugar. Blame the AMOUNT you eat. It's alright to have food you like. I had a cupcake this morning. The other day I had a ton of biscoff. I eat out every Sunday. I still lose fat, maintain strength and my overall health is a lot better!

Peace and stay sane.
    Yeah I don't think I want to load up on sugar and carbs for my breakfast. Why not just have a piece of cake for breakfast?

Sometimes I do. If you leave chocolate cake on my counter, it's going to be chocolate cake for breakfast. Or it might be pizza for breakfast or I hear cheese poppers are pretty good. As long as it fits my budget, I really don't care if it comes from the sugar and fat food groups.

My Physique and overall health do not lie. What do you look like? Apparently you're rodent.

th_oh-snap.gif
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

No, no, no. The OP has not insulted anyone or even responded to any of the posts. That shosho person with the rodent profile pic is not the OP.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

No, no, no. The OP has not insulted anyone or even responded to any of the posts. That shosho person with the rodent profile pic is not the OP.

You are correct. I misspoke. OP - please discount my rant. It was not meant for you.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    To set things straight, foods that are considered "dirty" or otherwise "unhealthy" DO NOT MAKE YOU FAT AND I REPEAT THEY DO NOT MAKE YOU FAT! An excess of calories makes you fat. A maintenance of calories keeps your fat the same and a deficit in calories makes you lose fat. It's common sense. Don't blame the fast food, don't blame the cookies or the sugar. Blame the AMOUNT you eat. It's alright to have food you like. I had a cupcake this morning. The other day I had a ton of biscoff. I eat out every Sunday. I still lose fat, maintain strength and my overall health is a lot better!

Peace and stay sane.
    Yeah I don't think I want to load up on sugar and carbs for my breakfast. Why not just have a piece of cake for breakfast?

Sometimes I do. If you leave chocolate cake on my counter, it's going to be chocolate cake for breakfast. Or it might be pizza for breakfast or I hear cheese poppers are pretty good. As long as it fits my budget, I really don't care if it comes from the sugar and fat food groups.

Hmmm...I've lost over 60lbs and still losing...mostly inches at the moment, but still losing and getting fit. AND, I still eat my fair share of chocolate, pizza, and other goodies. I do so in moderation and I'm able to keep pushing forward because I don't stress the hell out over one or two days over, or "OMG, I ate a poptart". I'm living my life...not focusing on a diet with so many restrictions that I'd end up just rage quitting over.
  • shosho420
    shosho420 Posts: 220 Member
    Options

I am not offend. 99% of the advice given on these types of sites are to be taken with a grain of salt. Like I already stated I do eat candy and junk food, I eat everything I want to. I am not deprived at all and I never claimed to be.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

Peace and stay sane.

Hmmm...I've lost over 60lbs and still losing...mostly inches at the moment, but still losing and getting fit. AND, I still eat my fair share of chocolate, pizza, and other goodies. I do so in moderation and I'm able to keep pushing forward because I don't stress the hell out over one or two days over, or "OMG, I ate a poptart". I'm living my life...not focusing on a diet with so many restrictions that I'd end up just rage quitting over.

49lbs here and still losing weight and inches. And getting crazy fit.

I had 3 slices of pizza last night for dinner. I had a pop tart for breakfast this morning. I ate a Cadbury egg for a snack earlier. Most of the time, I eat pretty healthy (lately, lots of spinach salad, fruit, lean protein, etc). But I refuse to feel guilty over food. I will enjoy things in moderation, with an occassional all-junk sort of day. That's life. I'm making this work for me.

Also, to the bunny - moderation has to be practiced. Normal weight people are good at it. My step-mom is a very healthy, fit person. She's extremely active and not a huge eater. She can eat one cookie and not have 5 more. That's how she can enjoy food and not gain weight. I want to eat like that, so that's what I've been practicing.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Since I still eat cookies, ice cream, cake, candy, pizza, yadda yadda... I know it wasn't those foods that made me fat. It was those foods in the wrong dosage andwithout the right amount of activity that did it.

Even while losing, I ate about 2000 calories a day. I'd typically have a 300 calorie breakfast, 500 calorie lunch, a couple snacks here and there, leaving me with about 1000 calories for dinner. Why NOT eat half a pizza? Why only have one slice if I have the calories for four slices? And if I by some freak of nature chance have some left over, why NOT have some for breakfast? Why is that a joke? What makes a combination of bread, cheese, tomato sauce and some sort of topping a "bad" food?
  • shosho420
    Options

Peace and stay sane.

You can still lose weight and NOT be focusing on nutrition, I could eat cereal and pop tarts all day and still lose weight if I stay in my calorie range that does not mean I should or that i am healthy even if i am losing weight. I have no restrictions other then I don't eat fastfood or drink soda, because I find it disgusting now.
    So is it "my fair share of" or in moderation? Because those are conflicting.
  • PikaKnight
    Options

Peace and stay sane.

You can still lose weight and NOT be focusing on nutrition, I could eat cereal and pop tarts all day and still lose weight if I stay in my calorie range that does not mean I should or that i am healthy even if i am losing weight. I have no restrictions other then I don't eat fastfood or drink soda, because I find it disgusting now.
    So is it "my fair share of" or in moderation? Because those are conflicting.

My point is I choose what I eat and am diligent about meeting both my macros and micros. And a poptart, cake, etc - fits into that quite well :) The only thing I might restrict is dairy because I'm lactose intolerant. But even then, I will take lactaid so I can still eat my ice cream :D
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    Since I still eat cookies, ice cream, cake, candy, pizza, yadda yadda... I know it wasn't those foods that made me fat. It was those foods in the wrong dosage andwithout the right amount of activity that did it.

Even while losing, I ate about 2000 calories a day. I'd typically have a 300 calorie breakfast, 500 calorie lunch, a couple snacks here and there, leaving me with about 1000 calories for dinner. Why NOT eat half a pizza? Why only have one slice if I have the calories for four slices? And if I by some freak of nature chance have some left over, why NOT have some for breakfast? Why is that a joke? What makes a combination of bread, cheese, tomato sauce and some sort of topping a "bad" food?

Thank you. Pizza is a pretty balanced meal. I've eaten it for breakfast too..hehehe :D
  • shosho420
    Options
    @shosho420 Btw I'm still waiting for a counterargument. Or can all you do is put others down and insult them for their success? Are you having trouble with fat loss, or maybe it's jealousy? Come back when you have something positive to contribute.

PM me sometime, we'll talk.
    Please show me the direct insults? Did I call someone a bad name? I don't think so. Claiming something is a "joke" is my opinion of this overall forum.
  • cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options

Earlier you stated that you do eat junk food in moderation since it's okay to have a treat, but then you start harping on people for eating junk food while losing weight. Make up your mind.